One of the most frequent things done in emails is to send a message to several recipients , whether to share some important information, survey or some text funny. However, every time we add several recipients in a message they usually appear visible for all emails added.
Keep in mind that some of them may not want their email address to appear there, even more when it comes to other people they don’t know. In these cases, before sending an email we can find two types of options CC and CCO.
CCO is a copy of hidden or hidden carbon , and this simply reflects the old carbon paper method they used manual invoices or typewriters . It will be responsible for hiding each of the recipients. For this, here we explain a little more about what this function is about.
What is the «hidden carbon copy» or CCO of an email electronic?
This function known as “With hidden copy” or “Carbon copy hidden”, is used for those cases where you need to send the same mail to different users and You don’t want one person or several to see the rest of the recipient. It is mainly used to avoid revealing the identity of other users and at the same time have more privacy when sharing some information via email.
In the beginning all this would have been created to be able to restrict the chains of junk mails , and it is that when sending a large list of addresses in a message these recipients could be taken by a person dedicated to send spam messages, which causes you to constantly be receiving junk information in your inbox .
Therefore, the best solution for all this was to enable a Cco box where users can write down each address and prevent them from spreading next to the message This also serves to send good morning messages or congratulations simultaneous and that arrive individually to each of the recipients, which will make them feel more special when you notice that there are no other addresses attached there.
Is it possible to hide the CCO of mails that I send to multiple recipients? Benefits of doing it
When we add recipients in the Cco box , we send a copy of the message to others without them noticing that it has also been shared with other people . This will allow you to share the same information with several people in secret , which in many situations is very favorable, since you can protect each of the addresses of your friends and family.
All this offers a series of benefits which we show you below:
- Making use of the CCO will offer you data protection every time you need to share some information simultaneously, keep in mind that the CC box is recommended to use when all receiving emails are known or agree that your address is shared with other people.
- Help prevent SPAM or garbage emails , keep in mind that if all addresses are exposed to all users, it is possible that some of them are dedicated to send bulk emails , which will take all these emails to add to the lists. This will cause the inbox to be filled mostly with junk information .
- Prevents viruses and malware , by not receiving messages from strangers you It will help to protect against malicious software, given that these cybercriminals frequently subscribe to email address lists where they use it to share their malicious activities. Therefore, the more hidden your address is, the more secure your account will be.
- It helps you share Christmas greetings, business messages, good morning or good night cards > to different people simultaneously without anyone noticing this, since each of them will only see their address on the list.
- It also helps to have a better protection of information that is sent, taking into account that, if shared by the CC box it could reach hands of the wrong person , and can cause serious problems.
Steps to send emails with a carbon copy hidden in Gmail and Outlook
Surely you’re wondering how you can start sharing your emails with a carbon copy hidden for both Gmail and Outlook , this in order to start safeguarding security and privacy of each of the addresses of your friends and family. Keep in mind that this process is very simple and is done as is when you send an email normally.
With this in mind, here we explain how to execute this procedure on both email servers to do this follow these steps:
In Google Gmail
Gmail has now become one of the most used email services worldwide . Therefore, it is very possible that you use this Google service and want to know how you can start using this email protection tool .
To do this follow these instructions:
- Enter Gmail and enter your account details.
- Now on the left side of your screen click on “Write”.
- In the “To” field you must add the recipients, keep in mind that here you can add the Cc and Cco recipients . In this case we select Cco and add the emails with which we want to share the information in secret.
- Once added, now fill the subject box and attach the message that you want to share.
- Finally, at the bottom of the window click on seconEnviar†.
In Microsoft Outlook (Hotmail)
Microsoft Outlook or as previously known Hotmail, is another one of the most used email services currently. Therefore, you are looking for a way to share messages with a hidden copy from this server .
To do this simply follow each of these steps:
What are the main differences between CC and CCO
Next we leave you this comparative table on these 2 concepts that in a very visual way, will help you to differentiate between both: