UPDATED ✅ Do you want to stop using the Tik Tok social network compulsively and get your life back? ⭐ ENTER HERE ⭐ and Learn Everything FROM ZERO!
It is no secret to anyone that social networks have become a daily ritual for many people in the world. Well, day after day, there are millions of users who turn to platforms like Facebook, Instagram and TikTok, for hours. Considering that the latter is a phenomenon that has marked different generations and therefore, its success has been unparalleled in a short time.
Thus, thanks to its innovative format of short videos that focus on fun and entertainment, TikTok managed to capture the attention of millions of content creators and consumers Worldwide. Which, probably, are creating a certain addiction with the platform. However, it is a peculiarity that has been widely criticized for its long-term damage.
Because of this, the same social media app of Chinese origin designed a tool with which it is possible to limit the use of the platform in order to carry out a digital detoxification with the aim of improving the user experience and making rational use of the social network. Is, is known as “Digital Detox” and in this post, we will explain What is it about.
What is digital detox and what is it for on networks like TikTok?
Also known as “digital detox”digital detoxification is defined as a pause or a break that Internet users should take to disconnect from your mobile device, tablet or computer and, above all, from social networks. Thus, in general terms, it refers to a period of time during which a person refrains from using technological equipment connected to the Internet.
In this sense, the digital detox serves to create the space and time necessary to be able to reflect on the ways that each Username adopts when using digital tools and, In addition, be aware of the effects that this causes in itself. Taking into account that the main idea of doing it is based on not affect the responsibilities or duties of peopleas well as avoiding negatively influencing their daily lives, due to the addiction they create at the digital level.
On the other hand, people usually start with set the start and end date to carry out your digital detox. Next, they define the scope that this process should have (either at the level of social networks or completely, etc.) and they have to follow all limits to stand firm during the stipulated time.
Now, in reference to the digital detoxification that TikTok manages, we point out that it consists of a functionality that serves to control or restrict screen time to ensure better management of activity on the platform. As for choose the type of content you want to seein order to avoid finding videos that are inappropriate for a certain user.
As a consequence, once the digital detoxification of this social media app is enabled, users are forced to comply with what they have set, previously. Well, its own algorithm is responsible for segmenting the content presented by the platform and also for closing the application when the relevant time is up.
This, thanks to the following options it provides:
- Screen time management: It is ideal for setting a time limit for the use of the social network. Therefore, it is recommended to activate it when you are concerned about the amount of time you spend on the social network and for which you stop fulfilling your obligations. There, you can select a daily limit that lies between 40, 60, 90 and 120 minutes total. Thus, once this time has been reached, it will be necessary to enter an access code to continue using the service.
- restricted mode: It consists of a mode that is based on the content that appears in the social network, for each user. So if some types of videos they tend to annoy or annoy youit will be appropriate for you to use this functionality to optimize your user experience and it is also considered a relevant tool for manage a kind of parental control in the use by minors.
Digital saturation How does being constantly on TikTok and mobile negatively affect your life?
Basically, digital saturation which is also known as “digital stress”, consists of constant coexistence with digital media, the use of social networks and the development of multitasking. Which, over time, produces adverse consequences for usersespecially in terms of health. In general, people who suffer from digital saturation, feel an irrational fear of being without their mobile device or not having the possibility of using it, it is a phobia called “nomophobia”.
In addition to that, digital stress also leads Internet users to feel insecure, especially for not appearing every minute on social networks or not responding to someone’s messages. All this, in short, it negatively affects people. Now, given the addiction that has generated TikTok as an entertainment platform, experts say that, despite its notable benefits, it can also be a harmful service for people when they reach the point of feeling digitally saturated.
This means that the Chinese social media app produces certain collateral damage that is worth taking into account and, therefore, we highlight the following:
- Irresponsibility: Since many tiktokers create addiction with the social network, they prefer to put aside their responsibilities or obligations to stay connected on the social network.
- sudden mood swings: The digital saturation in TikTok tends to generate mood swings, in a negative way. Since, due to the flow of content it offers, it encourages various emotions such as anxiety, sadness, anger, jealousy, etc.. That is to say, his state of mind will depend on what others do.
- Stress: Another consequence of being in TikTok constantly, lies in the stress that this produces to people. Since, they will remain in constant search of ideas to generate content and, at the same time, they will feel the need to satisfy the needs of their followers, be approved by others, be able to attract new users, etc.
- Takes you away from those who are close to you: Despite TikTok offers you the possibility of seeing up close what other people from anywhere in the world are doing, the truth is that can take you away from those who are by your side. Which, also happens with the use of the mobile that, by nature, makes people lose track of the now.
- Lower productivity: Just as it stimulates people’s irresponsibility, digital saturation also reveals lower productivity on the part of users. Therefore, the effectiveness in all its fields of action will be affected and minimized.
- loss of values: People who create addiction with tiktok, with any social network or mobile, they tend to be easily manipulated by what they see. So that, if they find insolent, disrespectful and impolite content, they will tend to lose their values and this will negatively influence many aspects of their life.
- Lack of control in your day to day: All these damages will ultimately make users lose control over their daily lives. Well, they will be totally dependent on what happens in the virtual world and this will always influence their decision making.
What are the benefits of detoxing from TikTok and other social networks?
As you will see, the collateral damage evidenced by the excessive use of TikTok or other social networks, as well as by electronic equipment; they are huge and affect the integrity of people without them being aware of it.
Therefore, in such cases, it is useful to implement a digital detox, especially because of the advantages it offers:
- It allows reduce stress, fatigue and technology addiction that is acquired by being aware of what happens in the digital environment on a daily basis or, within TikTok.
- Helps make the most of free time in order to strengthen your person and your personal relationships. Whether taking sports classes, watching series or movies, walking with your friends, going for a walk, meeting with your family, etc.
- Also heightens sense of reality. which is essential to be “here and now” and live each moment as it should.
- A digital detox It is ideal to enjoy life, much more. Well, you put aside the desire to share everything that happens to you online and thus, you focus on what is truly important (singing at the concert of your favorite band, dancing at ease at a party, talking with your family with total freedom). , etc.).
- It allows you protect your integrity, in terms of security, privacy and freedom. Because, you will not be sharing your personal information or what happens in your daily life before looks that may be indiscreet or malicious.
- Contributes to regaining control over your life and your decisions. Appreciating that, the sensation of control is effective to acquire a better self-esteem and feel fulfilled.
- It is considered appropriate to rediscover your priorities. Given that, you will be able to take advantage of the time focusing on the things you did before and that generated happiness, without the need to stay connected to a screen.
- Improve user productivity, to a large degree. Since, they will take care of their responsibilities as they should, having the corresponding time to do it without distractions.
- Among other benefits, the digital detox also implements the reduction of mass social controlinequality and job insecurity.
How long do I have to be off TikTok to be considered clean?
In addition to knowing what digital detoxification consists of in general and in tiktok, specifically, as well as knowing what are the benefits that this brings; surely you wonder what is the relevant time to be able to consider that this type of detox can do its thing so that the user can acquire the indicated advantages.
In this sense, we emphasize that the experts recommend take a digital break of at least 3 consecutive days. Considering that, at this time, people will have the ability to become aware of the digital addiction they have adopted and with it, they will be motivated to change it in some way.
However, due to the power it has taken TikTok in the digital environment and due to the large number of masses that it has managed to attract, recommended to have a longer break from this platform so that people can feel truly detoxified, recover their freedom and tranquility, as well as reduce the constant stress they live to create exclusive content. Therefore, they can choose to move away from the social network for 10 days and, at the same time, disconnect from other platforms.
In this way, people will have a longer time to reconnect with themselvesregain control over their day-to-day life, reduce fatigue and take a break to help them get all your energy back. In addition, it will also help them make plans with their families or friends in order to approach them again and in this way, they will have the ability to stop when it is opportune at another time, thanks to the days that they were able to fully enjoy during their detoxification process.
Learn step by step how to detox digitally without losing your sanity
The first step to follow in order to detoxify digitally, it is accept that you need it to optimize your quality of life.
So, once you are aware that you need a digital detox because of the stress that all this has generated in you, you can follow the following steps to do it properly and without losing your mind:
Set a reasonable time to carry out the process
Depending on the degree of addiction you have at the moment, it is essential that you can set a time when your digital disconnection is opportune so you can feel truly detoxified and untethered online. In other words, the time to disconnect will depend on how often you use social networks and your mobile device.
In general, to start implementing this solution and not to be so complicated, it is recommended last three days in a row without touching your smartphone. Thus, later, you can choose specify 7 or 10 days to carry out a more effective digital detox that allows you to obtain quality results in favor of recover and preserve your peace, your integrity, your responsibility and your happiness.
do things you like
With the purpose of move away from your TikTok account a bit or from any other social platform and even from the use of mobile phones; is essential resume your hobbies and practice them constantly (every day, if possible). With this, you will be able to put aside everything that includes technology and, also, so your digital detox will be more attractive. For example, you can take a cooking class, paint in an art group, play sports, take yoga classes, read books, etc.
Set appropriate hours
Most users who are inclined to view their social networks invariably can spend hours after hours on your mobile phone without even being aware of it. Which, It is not recommended when doing a detox of this type. Consequently, it would be best establish schedules in which you allow yourself to access your social networks, upload videos, see notifications, answer messages, etc..
In this way, you can ensure that you avoid excessive use of these services, which, unfortunately, end up killing you tranquility. Therefore, during the day, you can take an hour or two to do this. You can even choose to completely disconnect one day a week, so establish a good detachment with the digital world. In such a case, it is pertinent that turn off your mobile device during those 24 hours.
Use TikTok Digital Detox
While it is true, TikTok provides a tool that allows all users limit or control the time of use to avoid future addictions that generate collateral damage. Like, restrict the content they watch in the social network in order to improve your experience. Now, to make use of this functionality, it is worth specifying what the two options you offer in your “Digital Detox” consist of and how they should be used.
Reason for which, we proceed to explain it to you:
Screen time management
It is a section that has the capacity to show the time that each user spends the applicationas well as from block access when it reaches a pre-set number of daily minutes. In this sense, by managing screen time, people will be able to determine how much time they want to dedicate to the social network so as not to overdo it. Considering that, in case of doing so, it will be necessary to enter a code for it.
If you want to limit the time of use, daily, on TikTok; you will have to do the following:
- enter to your TikTok account and go to your profile page, pressing the “I” icon at the bottom right of the screen.
- Next, select the three dots located in the upper right corner to see the menu Settings and privacy.
- Next, directly from the section of “Content and activity”, click on the option “Digital detoxification”.
- Now it’s time to press on “Screen time management” which, by default, is located in the first position and is deactivated.
- Afterwards, you have to choose the desired daily time limitthrough the option that says “Time limit”. There, you can choose between: 40 minutes, 60 minutes, 90 minutes and 120 minutes.
- After that, it’s time to press the “Activate Screen Time Management” button which is at the bottom.
- Lastly, you must enter a numerical access code and repeat it to confirm it. Thus, it only remains to touch “Following” and ready.
Additionally, you can also choose to restrict the content that appears in your TikTok feed. In this way, you will have greater certainty when viewing the types of videos you want and avoid being shown others that you find inappropriate. It is usually estimated as a great help utility to establish parental control.
In any case, if you want to activate the Restricted Mode corresponding to the Digital Detox proposed by the Chinese social network, you will need to do the following:
- Sign in to your TikTok account and then go to your profile. This, clicking on the “Me” section In the bottom right.
- Now, from your profile, go to Settings and privacy touching the three points located in the upper right corner.
- Followed by that, click on the option “Digital detoxification” displayed within the Content and activity section.
- At this point, you have to select “Restricted mode” which, naturally, is a feature that is disabled.
- Once you enter the corresponding screen, press the button that says “Enable Restricted Mode”.
- Next, you’ll need to type in a four-digit password and confirm it as your passcode. A) Yes, restricted mode will be activated automatically.