Thanks to its multiple tools, Powerpoint It is considered one of the best programs available within Microsoft's office suite. Thus, it is the most used software at the time of create presentations based on slideshow than are panels that support different elements for optimization.
In that sense, Powerpoint provides the necessary utilities to enter any amount of text, as well as editing and formatting it. In addition to that, it consists of software that allows inserting different visual and audiovisual elements, so that it is possible to add images, animations, audios, videos, graphics, etc.
As a consequence, this Microsoft program It has a section that is known as "Drawings in PowerPoint" and is characterized by providing different drawing tools, worth its redundancy. To learn more about what it is about, what it contains and how it should be used, we invite you to read this post.
What is the Drawing section of PowerPoint and what is it for?
Basically, it is defined as a section that is achieved directly in a tab of the program's options bar, in which there are different graphic tools that can be used throughout the slides of a PowerPoint presentation.
Thus, it consists of a utility that serves to add or make use of different types of illustrations based on different figures and it is also essential to be able to organize them. As for customize your style quickly and easily, change its fill, add an outline and add effects to it so that look as original as possible. Thus, it is an ideal tool to complement a presentation that is being developed.
What are the drawing tools in PowerPoint?
Now, to learn more about what is Drawing tool in PowerPoint and what it contains, it is necessary to know which are each and every one of the tools that it allows to take advantage of.
Reason why, below, we mention and detail them:
Within the Drawing group, the first option you find is a box that provides numerous shapes and / or figures, such as: rectangles, circles, lines, arrows, callouts, flowchart symbols, ribbons and stars, etc.. Which can be freely inserted in any area of a slide of PowerPoint.
In this way, they are elements that allow you to create diagrams or other types of illustrations in presentations, in a much more personalized way. Taking into account that they are considered ideal illustrations to better organize the information to be presented, capture the attention of viewers and create a kind of interaction between the content presented and the readers.
Second, you will come across a function that has the necessary options to be able to sort the objects inserted in the slide. These objects, of course, refer to the shapes or elements that you decided to add through the first option present in the group He drew.
Thanks to this utility, you will have the possibility to modify the order of objectsEither sending them to the bottom or back, bringing them to the front or forward. Likewise, you can easily group, ungroup or regroup the figures and change their position (both aligning them as well as rotating them).
Through this tool, you have the possibility of choose a visual style for the shape, symbol, arrow, or line you've inserted on your slide. Thus, a recommended utility to include a greater level of personalization and exclusivity to the content you want to present through your file. PPTX. Once you click on this option in the Drawing section of the program, you will have the possibility to choose between different styles of themes, both preset and generalized. This, depending on your requirements.
So how is it possible to modify the style of your drawings Powerpoint effectively, you can also make use of a tool that is known as "Form fill". In this case, it refers to a function that provides the necessary alternatives to change the interior of the selected shape with a solid color, gradient, texture, or image specific.
For a better level of customization, it is also recommended change the shape outline of the drawing you have inserted into your PowerPoint presentation. Thus, when you proceed to use this tool, you will find different options to optimize the perimeter of the illustration in question.
In this way, you can modify the color between multiple available choices. Like, add a specific thickness, different types of dashes, or various kinds of arrows. It is even possible to select an option so that the figure does not present any outline, if you wish.
Finally, in the section on Drawing in PowerPoint, you can use a tool that relies on numerous shape effects. In this case, it is a utility that offers the possibility of apply a new visual effect to the added element in the presentation.
In that sense, you can achieve effects such as the following: shades (exterior, interior or perspective), reflection (various variations), illuminated (multiple colors to illuminate or without illumination), soft edges (from 1 to 50 points), bezel (various types of beveling) and 3D rotation (parallel, prospective or oblique).
Learn step by step how to draw in PowerPoint to create original slides
On the other hand, to create original slides through visual elements that can enrich the presentation in general, it is valuable to know how to draw in PowerPoint or, failing that, know in detail How to use and take advantage of the Drawing section of the software.
That is why, we proceed to teach you each step to follow, below:
First, access the PowerPoint file to Edit in this way.
Find the slide where you want to insert the figure and now, do the following:
- Find yourself in the program options bar and click on the "Home" tab. From there, head to the group He drew.
- Then you can visualize the first option you are dealing with a box containing the different shapes available. To add one of them, click on the down arrow in that box and select the element to insert.
- Once you have chosen the shape in question, place the mouse cursor in the area to add it and draw the perimeter of it so that it is shown in the document, automatically.
Later, when you have inserted the figure on the slide, you can start organize the same within said panel.
Thus, the steps to follow would be these:
- To start, click on the added shape and then go to the Drawing group within the Home tab, to click on the "Organize" option.
- Once this is done, they will show you a small menu where you will find the available options to organize your visual element. So, you can choose any option to order the object.
- In addition to this, you have the possibility of group objects (if you have inserted several figures) and modify their position, through a lineup or a turn. In this case, what you choose will depend on your requirements for editing the elements.
If you also choose improve the perimeter of the figure you have inserted into your PowerPoint document, you have to go to the group He drew in the tab Program start.
- Below option Form Fill, proceed to click on "Shape outline".
- When you do the above, a box will appear where you can start by choosing the new outline color.
- In addition to this, if you want to provide a greater stamp of personalization in your figure, you can choose a certain thickness, dashes or arrows for your figure, as far as possible.
- Also, the program will select the option "No outline", in case you like it more like that.
Apply shape effects
As if that were not enough, in addition to all the above, Powerpoint gives you the possibility of assign a certain effect to your shape, directly from the section of He drew in the section of Start of the software.
If you want to use this tool as well, proceed as follows:
- Find the group He drew in the tab Start and click on the option that says "Shape Effects". Which, basically, is the one that is last in said group.
- Followed by that, they will show you a box with all the effects available in the software. So, you can start freely choose the effect you like the most.
- To select a certain effect, first press the arrow found in one of these options and then, among the categories there are, choose the best effect for your figure.