Wouldn’t you love to have all the information about your next unified and easily accessible trip ? Printed tickets, reservations of different hotels each scattered around in the mail, suddenly you have no internet to check Booking, AirBnB, tourist brochures, uncomfortable plans … Be careful because the answer to your prayers is Google Tips .
Google Trips is a complete travel planner that will delight the most restless who love to move by train, bus, car or plane to travel the world.
If you’re curious about what exactly it is, what it offers and how it works , keep reading because we’re going to tell you absolutely everything you can do, going point by point to get it.
What is Google Trips, the trip planner for? Google?
Google Trips is a mobile travel planning application that comes from Google. This one stands out for combining in a single platform diverse information about your next trip : reservations, places you can see, itineraries, places to eat and drink and many other services.
Among some of its features we can highlight that is available on Android and iOS for free and has no desktop version. You will also love to know that you can download your entire plan to have it available without internet , as we know that you cannot use too much data on the street or, depending on the place, connect to our own network has a high cost.
Download Google Trips APP for Android
Download Google Trips APP for iOS
This software is used to manually configure itineraries and add all kinds of information. However, something that enchants is the fact of synchronizing with your Gmail to automatically add data from the emails with the reservations that you have made, something that the Google assistant gets with his artificial intelligence.
In this way, you will configure an entire experience that includes everything you want to do , with complete information, dates, itineraries, services available to hire, suggestions and much more.
How to use the Google Trips traveler app? Tutorial
Now that we know perfectly what it is and what it is for, we can only show you how it works, that is, how you can configure your next adventure in a simple way, step by step, and considering all the options and tricks that the app offers.
Configure the settings
- The settings are configured by clicking on the upper left icon of three horizontal bars.
- You will see the profile picture of your gmail with which you are logged in. If this is not the case, you will be asked, first of all, to do so to synchronize the information.
- If you leave, you will find the “Help” menu and, under this, with “Settings”. click on the latter.
Choose your destination and create your trip
Main trip window
As we say, the main window of the trip includes different aspects to classify all the information about our trip . From here we can modify the previous aspects and take a look at everything that each destination has to offer us.
- You enter and you find the «+» icon, which allows you to add your first reservation. Press it.
- Then you will have the different types of booking available (Flight, Hotel, Train, Bus, Car rental and Restaurant). Depending on which one you choose, you will have different parameters to fill in.
- Flight . Airline, flight number, departure and arrival airports, departure day, flight time and confirmation number. Save with the floppy disk icon.
- Hotel . Hotel name, address, dates of entry and exit, confirmation number and telephone number.
- Train . Departure and arrival stations, departure and arrival dates, configuration of the different passengers (adding one by one with the «+» icon), including wagon, seat and class, and finally, confirmation number.
- Bus . Stations and dates of departure and arrival, passenger configuration, including your seat, and confirmation number.
- Car rental . Company, address, telephone number, collection and return dates, the option to return in a different place, type of car and confirmation number.
- Restaurant . Name of the restaurant, address, date, time, number of diners, confirmation number and telephone number.
- Also here is the option to add notes (“Notes”). Just click on the option, write the note (up to 10,000 characters) and save by clicking on the floppy disk icon (top right).
Things to do
- Here you will find an endless amount of interesting points for tourists filtered according to different aspects:
- Better sites.
- Covered spaces.
- Outdoor spaces.
- Suitable for children.
- Further away.
- Places from A to la Z.
- You can expand the information by clicking on the information box of any of them . You will change the window and go to another one with the name, the icon to save in favorites, images of the place or event, a description, its location on the map, directions to arrive, your website, the option to call, schedule, peak hours , punctuation and, finally, the reviews of other users. You just have to click on a map icon that we are in the upper right.
- From here you can add the place you like most to an itinerary, by clicking on «+» . At the same time, the place you have chosen to add in a new itinerary will be placed that you can continue configuring point to point as we tell you below.
You’ll start by seeing some suggestions of itineraries. You can click on any of them and see them in detail, with points of interest set in a certain order that you can see more broadly by clicking on them (description, note, reviews, place on the map, peak hours …
These itineraries can be modified by pressing on the pencil icon, top right once we have entered the itinerary in question.
Top left we have a filter to choose if we want to spend the entire day, morning or afternoon, in addition to a specific day of the week . This will help not to find closed sites.
After doing this filtering we can proceed to delete or add points of interest:
- These are highlighted on the map with a blue location icon; you can click on them to have more information .
- You can also choose between:
- Fix this site , which makes it added to the itinerary.
- Remove this attraction . If it is not of your interest, remove it and it will not overwhelm you among so many options.
- Start from here . Place the start of the itinerary in this place.
- If you are not interested in that point you can, directly, click on another one and you will know its information and you will have the same options to include it or not on your itinerary.
If none of the itineraries convinces you, you can create one yourself , before entering to modify any of them. Just click on the «+» button. You will see the map with the points of interest and you just have to do the same thing that we have already commented only that this time you do not have pre-established places, but you choose them all from the beginning.
Food and drink
Here you can see restaurants, cafes and bars using different filters as if they are open at the moment, sorted by distance to the place where you are or with the possibility to show only those that you have previously saved , so you don’t get involved.
At a first glance you will find an image of the establishment, its 5-star rating, the number of reviews it has, whether it is open or not, the average price and the icon, on the right, to save it in favorites.
Clicking on the property expands the information , including a map to know where it is located, directions, telephone and website, a photo carousel and reviews.
Here you will find everything you have saved in the rest of the menus (food and drink, one-day itineraries, things to do …).
By clicking on the map icon in the upper right area you will see your saved sites located in the city , so that you can get an idea of the distances and, thus, set up the itinerary that suits you best.
Finally, we have a discount option. Clicking on it we can discover what discounts are in force in all kinds of interesting points for tourists: transport, tickets, menus …
You can browse them one by one and, if you are interested, these discounts are enjoyed in different ways (hiring the services at the moment, redirecting you to other consultation websites …).
Always pay attention because there are very interesting things, including, for example, the rental of vehicles or the creation of your itinerary, based on your interests) by a local.