With the intention of meeting the needs of the world of work, the Skype business application was born in 2013, which allows fluid communication and removes several of the limits that the common version has regarding the number of simultaneous connections in meetings apart from allowing the assignment of telephone numbers to users, to mention two outstanding characteristics.
Although both versions appear to be the same, the functionality is different, encompassing greater benefits without having to make additional subscriptions, optimizing the workflow between the employees of a company, office or enterprise.
But, it may happen that at a certain moment you want to remove this application from your computer. Here we will teach you how to do it on a computer and mobile without many complications.
Learn step by step how to uninstall Skype for Business from your MacOS or Windows 10 PC
Before explaining this point you should know that you will not be able to uninstall the application if it is part of Microsoft 365, since you would have to uninstall the entire suite as the program is integrated into it.
In case you have the application independently, what you should do is the following:
Although the application can be removed only by sending it to the trashwill still be done files visible. There is also the option of using an external cleaner.
However, this time we will show you how to do it manually by taking the following steps:
- On your computer, go to the upper right corner.
- Among the options, select “Skype for business” and press the function “Force exit.”
- Now open the folder containers.
- Enter the application “Finder”.
- Choose “Applications”.
- Now carry “Skype for Business” to the trash can.
- Tap on the keyboard “Shift” plus “Command“ and “G” to go to the folder.
- Then write “Library / Containers / Y” pressing at the end Enter.
- On “Containers” locate the file “com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness” and delete it.
- In the folder “Saved Application Stata” you are going to eliminate “Com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness.savedState”.
- On “Preferences” suppress “Com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness.plist”.
- And finally in “Internet plugins” locate the file “MeetingJoinPlugin.plugin” and with the right part of the mouse click on “Send to Trash.”
- The final step is empty the trash and restart the computer.
On Windows 10
There are who they love skype and others that by various reasons want to remove it from your computer.
If in your case you have Windows 10 and you want to delete it, here we explain in a simple way how to do it:
- Log out on Skype and make sure it’s not running in the background.
- On the button windows startup writes “Appwiz.cpl”.
- Click on the program to open a new window.
- Right-click the application Skype and in what appears, you are going to select “Delete” or “Uninstall”.
- Touch restart the computer to complete the uninstallation.
We show you how to uninstall the Skype for Business app from your Android or iOS smartphone
Skype for Business has a version for mobile devices, which you may have installed as a test but then you did not like it and want remove it completely.
Here we explain how to do it on Android and iOS:
Have an application that not used on the phone only takes up space and memory unnecessarily.
In Android, the same steps are taken as to uninstall any other tool, here we remind you of them from scratch:
- Enters on “Settings” on your smartphone.
- Later go to “Applications and notifications”.
- Once you see the listing of all the ones you have installed, click on “Skype for Business”.
- When I load you, you hit it “Uninstall”.
- And voila, with these steps the application It will no longer be on your mobile device.
Carry out the process of Removing Skype for Business on iOS won’t take long. Many do it because it produces errors that affect the operation of other tools or perhaps it is no longer useful.
The steps to delete the application are as follows:
- Look for the icon of the application.
- Hold down the icon until a small window opens that informs you “Delete app”.
- Then, click on “Delete app” and make the respective confirmation by pressing “Remove”.
Microsoft Teams now replaces Skype for Business How does the tool work now?
Since August 2022, Skype for Business disappeared. From that moment on, those who had an account should migrate to Microsoft Teams, the platform that comes as a replacement for corporate communications. Among the reasons they took to disappear Skype for Business are better organization of workflows and updates to adapt to the specific needs of each moment.
The advantages that users get is the simple administration of projects assigned to a team, HD quality of communications and secure protection of company data.
We will tell you how this application works in a company or venture below:
- It is important know that the application works on most mobile and desktop computers.
- Its distribution relies on private workspaces, which can be accessed by those with the proper authorization.
- The administrator takes care of adding users, who use the spaces created to collaborate or communicate.
- Within the spaces, It is possible to create channels in which information on specific tasks is shared. Its operation is similar to the groups that are created in other messaging applications.
- All the conversations that take place on the channels they are available for those who are aggregated and are displayed in the form of a thread.
- Another feature is making calls, either voice only or video call format.
- Equally, videoconferences are held to keep in touch with all team members and give them certain instructions.
- Inside the channels too chats can be started, private or group, giving the possibility to choose some or all participants.
- And one last option, though not least, is to share files. Once it is distributed, all team members can work together and view its content.
As you have seen, Microsoft Teams application is one of the most popular applications in business today, contributing to the productivity and interaction of the members of a work team.