The wireless technologies have evolved considerably, since The use of cables between devices is no longer necessary to be connected. What greatly favors society, since there is not only the fact of being able to be interconnected in the same network, but also that the use of MB is not necessary to navigate.
As we know, Windows 10 is an excellent operating system that from its arrival has made life easier for all users who use it. But, despite being one of the most used, there are still people who do not are totally familiar with the interface or version, so certain processes are complicated.
That is why in this article we are going to teach you how to correctly connect to a wireless network and resolve possible connection errors that the computer may be presenting.
Steps to activate WiFi and connect to a wireless network in Windows 10
Connect to a WiFi network Browsing the Internet in Windows is much easier than it seems, and even it is easier to do than in the old versions of this system. Soon we will know the steps to carry out this action.
The first procedure we will do is activate the WiFi network controller:
- The quick way is accessing direct network access that appears in the lower right corner of the screen on the taskbar.
- To do this, click on the connection symbol and then click on "Wifi" to activate it. Of course, first you have to make sure that the "Airplane mode" is disabled.
The complex shape is useful for when click on the "WiFi" button and it does not turn on. Also for when this button just doesn't appear in the connection menu at the bottom right.
- First you must right-click on the connection menu in the taskbar and then you must click on Open network and Internet settings.
- Next we must choose the option that says "Change adapter options".
In the new window that appears we will have the possibility to modify some properties of the network drivers, both wireless and wired. It is important to remember this route, since at the time it can help us to solve different connection problems.
- We continue pressing right click on the controller "Wifi" and finally we must click on "Activate".
- To finish the complex process we must carry out the quick process, that is, turn on the "Wifi" from the task bar.
Assuming you already have the wireless network controller active, then we must connect to a network:
- Click on the networks button on the taskbar and we select among those that we see, Those whose username and password we know.
My computer does not connect to WiFi What are the most common causes and their solutions?
When the computer does not want to connect to any wireless network or perhaps does not even want to receive any signal, it is because various factors do not allow it. Next, we will know what are the most common causes for which the equipment does not recognize and does not connect to any network.
Even so, before we go to try any of these methods, it is recommended restart the router first or test if any other device connects to the Internet. In addition, you can also restart your computer to answer any questions.
Outdated or disabled drivers
If your computer has symptoms similar to those described at the beginning of this section, it is very possible that the drivers are not in good condition. In some cases it may not even be installed.
To solve this problem we enter the "Device administrator":
- The first thing is to right click on the button Windows and in the pop-up window we select the option "Device administrator".
Once in the administrator we can do several things with network drivers that we must identify and deploy. To do this, click on the arrow that precedes the name "Network adapters".
This action will display each of the network drivers, and by right clicking on each of them we can choose to activate them if they are deactivated. We can send them to update and we can even uninstall them. This last action allows us to format the controller configuration as if it were from the factory. This is achieved by uninstalling the driver and restarting the computer so that the system recognizes it again.
Sometimes the Windows Firewall is out of date due to variable causes and develops a firewall to prevent Internet connections, in order to protect the computer. So we can try disable it from Windows settings, specifically in the security center.
- To enter there we click on the button "Security" located in the right area of the taskbar.
- Next, we enter the area of "Firewall and network protection".
- We continue selecting any of the types of networks in which we are going to disable firewall protection, It can be a public, private or domain network.
We will proceed to deactivate the Firewall in the type of network that is active. It can be easily identified that in the example, the network that is active is the public one by the parenthesis next to it.
- We enter the network and clicking on the marker we deactivate the firewall.
This action disable the firewall individually, so if you want to disable it completely, you must do it with each of the types of networks.
Just as the Windows Firewall when out of date can block the Internet connection, the same can happen with personal antivirus. In this case We can deactivate it to make sure that this is not the problem that is preventing us from connecting to the Internet:
- We can do it quickly through the taskbar by selecting the antivirus icon and clicking on "Temporarily disable protection."
- Followed by "Temporarily disable the firewall" of the antivirus.
There is a simple step that on many occasions It solves the connection problem that can be generated by some bad update of the system. It basically consists of forgetting the network and then trying to reconnect:
- Click on the connection button located in the task bar and then right-click on the network that you are going to forget and click on "Stop remembering."
My computer connects, but there is no Internet. Why is this happening and how to fix it?
Once we have verified that the computer is connecting to the router, but still not able to browse the internet, then it is very possible that the problem is due to another reason. You can try some of these solutions to solve your lack of Internet on the computer:
IP address problem
Sometimes our IP adress it collides, so to speak, with the address assigned by the router and prevents the computer from browsing the Internet. To solve this we must enter the "Network connection center":
- As a first step we right click on the connections button on the taskbar to "Open network and Internet settings".
- We continue to the options of adapter.
- Successively, we must right click on the controller "Wifi" and select the option "Properties".
- In the next window we must make sure that the option of "Obtain an IP address automatically".
Before pressing we can click on "To accept" to go to the next problem-solution.
We can continue from the same window of the previous step to solve the possible problem with DNS.
- To do this we must modify the section below to the option "Use the following DNS server addresses."
- We are going to fill in the «Preferred DNS server» with 184.108.40.206 as shown in the image.
- The «Alternative DNS server» must be filled with 220.127.116.11 as shown in the image.
This separate configuration allows you to unlock certain services, since it is the Google DNS address. So it is an extra step to solve our Internet connection problem. If any of these steps are not effective, it is possible that the problem is not in our computer but in the router that emits the Internet signal.