Nowadays, Telegram is one of the main instant messaging apps that users prefer worldwide. Since, with its multiple updates, it has reinvented itself over time to provide the best possible user experience and thus, it is weighted as a capable application above its competitors. Thanks to this, in certain aspects, it has managed to surpass the WhatsApp giant.
In this sense, in addition to ensure optimal security and privacy to safeguard the integrity of its users, Telegram as well is distinguished by its great performance by taking up little space on the devices. In addition to this, it offers different functions to implement excellent communication between its users and also manages to adapt to the needs of each one by support an excellent level of customization.
Therefore, in terms of personalization, Telegram has several points in its favor. Whereas, today, allows you to use dark mode directly on the platform and through any of its versions. That is why it is useful to know how to activate the app’s dark mode easily and here, we will teach you this step by step.
What are the benefits of using Dark Mode in your Telegram account and other applications?
Also know as “Dark mode” in English, dark mode refers to a functionality that allows you to change the wallpaper of an application, operating system or device with a screen to black OLED. Which means that, it consists of a mode that takes care of apply black or dark colors to the appearance of a certain interface and so on, traditional white background with black letters is replaced by a dark color ranging from black to gray.
Now, thanks to the advantages it reveals, many apps have chosen to include this option in their service And in the same way, there are many people who have switched to dark mode to get a better user experience.
Thus, among these benefits, it is worth highlighting the most relevant of all:
- Reduced consumption of the equipment battery: By nature, standard displays show high battery consumption due to their brightness. Which, it is possible to reduce it thanks to the dark mode that, by exhibiting a lower screen brightness, guarantees battery savings of up to 30% compared to traditional mode.
- Avoid eye strain: As common screens are characterized by emitting a blue light that, when the human eye is exposed for a long time to it, can make the vision feel more fatigued in less time; The mode “Dark” focuses on changing this. So that, prevents eye fatigue and the side effect of blue light.
- Allows to improve sleep habits: At bedtime, it is also beneficial to use the dark mode. Since, the blue light of the standard screen manages to minimize the duration of sleep, when viewing the devices before sleeping. But, this does not happen with dark mode, thanks to does not have a high impact on sight or the human brain.
- Helps to make optimal readings: Another essential factor of the dark mode is that it allows you to acquire a reading experience with much more quality. Since, by default, the eye does not suffer as much when making prolonged reading, thanks to the low brightness emitted by the screen. This even allows to find more legibility in the texts.
Learn step by step how to activate Telegram dark mode from any device quickly and easily
If you want to benefit from what the dark mode guarantees, as well as have more comfort when using the instant messaging app and make its interface look much more attractive, we recommend activate the “dark mode” in Telegram from all your devices.
Which, fortunately, is very easy to do and that is why, here we show you the procedures indicated for each case:
If you prefer to manage your account Telegram through its mobile app and you have a smartphone or tablet Android, It is important that you know what you must do, in this case, to enable said mode correctly.
Therefore, below, we detail the steps to follow:
- First of all, enter the Telegram mobile app compatible with Android and log into your account as you normally do.
- After that, through the main screen, tap the three horizontal stripes icon in the upper left corner to open the menu.
- Next, among all the options, it is time to choose the one that says “Settings”.
- Now, once you are in the main configuration menu of Telegram, in the section of Settings, proceed to click on “Chats”.
- After that, in the part of Chats, head to the bottom until you find the option for “Automatic night mode”.
- Finally, only subtract activate this function by moving its switch from left to right.
In addition to this, you can also do this from the Topics section in the Chats panel. In such case, you just have to choose the theme called “Nocturno” and thus, automatically, said the “Dark mode” in your Telegram interface.
In case you have an iPhone or iPad and from there you manage your Telegram account, you have to execute the following procedure to activate and / or configure the dark mode in the app:
- Enter your Telegram account from the mobile app compatible with iOS.
- Next, proceed to touch the options menu icon in the top left-hand corner.
- Now, in the list of options, you have to click on “Settings”.
- After that, in Settings, you must go to the Appearance section where you will find multiple application customization functions.
- Once this is done, it is time to select “Automatic night mode” and from there you will find several alternatives to choose from:
- “System” (so that it only activates when the device is in dark mode).
- “Disabled” (not to use it).
- “Programmed” (to choose a time slot in which it will be activated automatically).
- “Automatic” (This will be activated when the brightness level of the iPhone or iPad is less than 20%).
- Also, finally, you can choose one of the two night themes found at the bottom, according to your preferences.
On PC and MacOS
On the other hand, if you prefer to make use of Telegram through your computer, you need to know which are all the steps to follow to enable the dark mode of the app interface from your desktop version compatible with the corresponding operating system (i.e. Windows or MacOS).
Here, the procedure to be specified that is very easy:
- First of all, access your Telegram account using the app for desktop or computer.
- After this, go to the upper left corner of the main window and click the three horizontal lines icon which is right next to the search bar.
- Then, at the bottom of the list, as the last option, you can find “night mode”. From there, you simply must activate it by sliding the switch to the right.
- Once you do the above, automatically, Telegram interface will switch to dark mode.
- If, at any time you want to deactivate it, you just have to follow the same procedure and move the switch to the left.
On Telegram Web
For convenience, speed or any other reason, there are also many people who choose to use Telegram from its web or online version. However, from there, still not possible to activate night mode in the interface to get all its benefits.
This is basically because the configuration of Telegram Web it is much more simplified compared to the mobile or computer app. Reason why, by default, it only consists of certain sections to configure parameters such as: name and surname, notifications, message preview, sound, language, sensitive content, other active sections, etc.
Therefore, in terms of customization, Telegram Web does not contain the necessary options to optimize the service interface depending on the tastes of each user. Since, at the moment, he does not support the famous Topics of the instant messaging app and, therefore, it also does not have dark mode or night mode. Therefore, if you want to activate this function, you have to manage your account Telegram using the desktop version or its mobile app, obligatorily.