Have a second Gmail account On the same device it can be quite useful, especially if we want to maintain our privacy and keep our personal account away from platforms and the newsletter of websites that we visit daily. It is a way to better organize our digital correspondence.
Fortunately, both Android like other devices allow us to perfectly create and synchronize several email accounts without problem, although there is a limit that we must respect so as not to saturate the equipment we are using.
In this article we are going to teach you how to add or remove Gmail email accounts on a device of any type so that you can have a second email address without problem.
Learn step by step how to add a second email account in Gmail to use it on the same device
Adding a second email account to your device is quite easy, Next we show you how to do it both on your Android as on your computer.
In Android the process of adding or removing an email account is very easy, something normal since this is one of the most intuitive Mobile operating systems that exist.
The steps to add a new account are as follows:
- In you Android phone or tablet, open the email application Gmail .
- In the upper right corner you will see the profile picture of main account, the one that you already have added, you must touch on it and select “Add Account”.
- Now you just have to enter with the new account credentials and you’re done, you will have already added it to your device.
In case you want remove or delete it from the device for security reasons, the steps are basically the same.
You just have to do the following:
- On your phone or tablet Android open the Gmail app.
- In the upper right corner you must make touch about your profile picture.
- Now select the option “Manage accounts for this device.”
- Choose the Gmail account that you want to remove, and then press “Remove account”.
As simple as that is to add or remove a Gmail account from your new Android device. It is a procedure that will not take more than a few minutes and even seconds if you are a skilled person with the mobile.
In the computer
In the computer we have several ways to do it. The first one that we are going to explain here is from the email application called Windows 10 Mail.
The steps in it are as follows:
- Enter the application Mail from your Windows 10 and click on the three overlapping lines found in the upper left part of the screen.
- Now select the option “Accounts” which will open a section to the right of the interface where the option will be “Add account”, which you must select.
- Now you just have to enter the data of your new account and voila, you will have finished the process.
The second way to do this is from your Google Chrome browser, which has its benefits since you will automatically export important information stored in said account to the browser such as key manager passwords or browsing history and their respective bookmarks.
The steps you must follow are these:
- Enter from your Google Chrome at Gmail.com and in your inbox click on the profile photo in the upper right corner.
- Now you will see the option “Add another account” which you must select.
- A new window will open immediately where you will have to enter the account credentials and voila, you can now use both Gmail profiles from your computer.
These same steps apply exactly the same if you want to perform the process in other browsers such as Opera, Mozilla or EDGE.
How many Gmail accounts can I have on the same mobile or desktop device?
The only thing you need to know about this is that you can have a maximum of 5 accounts on the same device simultaneously. To add a 6th account, the Gmail platform will automatically ask you to delete one of the ones that you already have open Or else you will not be able to log in with the new one both on your Android and from your browser in Windows 10 or any other operating system.