Apple Music is a unlimited streaming service It houses more than 50 million songs, by various artists, and also broadcasts radio programs. It first appeared in 2015, and since then it is the default tool for iOS users to listen to music.
Although it is not free, you have a three-month free trial. In addition, it is available on any Apple device. There is also a version for Android, however, it is not enabled for computers. So you have to use the iTunes service.
The application has many advantages, and for years it represented strong competition. However, its limitations and disadvantages have become more noticeable compared to other streaming services.
Disadvantages and limitations of Apple Music Why unsubscribe?
At first, an Apple Music subscription may seem like a good investment. Unfortunately, the service has some drawbacks which, in present times, are unforgivable.
For that reason, Here we detail the main disadvantages of the application:
- Poor audio quality: Apple Music plays its music content at 256 kbps, considerably lower than the 320 kbps playback offered by the Apple Music platform. Spotify. Although the difference may seem minimal, the reality is that it can be easily distinguished.
- Few supported platforms: The application, although it is not exclusive for Apple devices; as it can also be downloaded on Windows, Android, among others, it should be noted that it is still insufficient. Since the competition does have greater compatibility in other operating systems.
- Little social interaction: In Apple Music you can load your own music tracks, or song lyrics. However, as it is not enabled on other platforms, social interactions are considerably lower.
- Not very intuitive interface: A constant annoyance for new users is not knowing where to go to access the playlists, and other functions that the application offers. Although its interface has been improved in recent years, it is still a drawback.
- Playlists: Apple Music has an algorithm that takes care of choosing mixed playlists each week, based on your musical tastes. However, this feature is not as accurate, or attractive, as other apps.
Steps to cancel my Apple Music account fast and easy
A subscription is the pass with which you have access to the content of the App. They can be renewed monthly, unless you decide to cancel. In the case of being disappointed by Apple Music services, you can always delete your account. However, you should know that:
- If you have signed up for a free trial, and do not plan to renew, you must cancel the service at least 24 hours before the trial period ends, you will immediately lose access to the content.
- If you delete your paid subscription, you will still have access to the content until the next monthly billing date.
Now that you know Here are the steps to delete your Apple Music account quickly and easily, depending on the device you use:
From iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Enter the App and press the button “setting” or “settings.”
- Press your username. Then tap on the option “Subscriptions”.
- Select subscription you want to delete.
- Press the option “Cancel subscription”.
- In the event that the subscription you want to delete does not appear, you must enter “setting”, then press “ITunes and Apple Store”. Then select your Apple ID. Log in, scroll to the bottom and choose the option to “Subscriptions”.
From a Mac computer
- Enter the app from App Store.
- Log in.
- Go to the top of the window and press “See information”.
- Locate the option “Subscriptions” and then select “Manage”.
- Press “Edit” on the subscription you want to delete.
- Click on “Cancel subscription”.
From Apple TV
You can only change or delete subscriptions for apps that are installed on Apple TV:
- Open the settings panel.
- Click on your username, in the section “Users and accounts”.
- Select the option “Subscriptions”.
- Tap the subscription you want to delete and then “Cancel subscription”.
- Open iTunes. At the top of the menu, tap “Bill” and then select “See account”. You may need to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Choose “Setting”. Locate the option “Subscriptions” and then click “Manage”.
- Select the subscription you want to delete. Press “Edit”.
- Press “Cancel subscription”.
From an Android device
Open the Apple Music app. Select the menu. Press “Bill”. After, “Manage subscription”. Finally, press “Cancel subscription”.
List of the best streaming music platforms alternatives to Apple Music
Fortunately, Apple Music is not the only streaming service available on the market. The competition has various music platforms that offer good services and quality. Among the most popular, the following stand out:
The most famous music streaming platform in the world, with more than 40 million songs to play. The tool is available on Windows, Android, Linux, among many other operating systems and devices. It has a trial version, although with certain limitations.
On the other hand, the premium version offers unlimited plays without ads, skip songs and sort the playlists according to your musical preferences.
Google Play Music
Google has a streaming music tool for all devices that have the services of the most important search engine on the planet. Its interface is simple and complete.
Can sign in with your Gmail account, on any device. Likewise, you can also store up to 100,000 songs from your computer, as if it were a hard drive. You can also listen to radio programs, download songs, listen to music without an Internet connection and recommend songs according to your mood. It consists of a free version and a paid version.
Service Youtube music you can complement it with Google Play Music. Through the streaming service, you will be able to locate your favorite artists, have access to the trending playlists and organize the albums, lists and songs in the order you want in the Library.
Its interface is quite striking, and it has a smart search function, implemented by Google, to find songs whose lyrics or author you don’t remember precisely. its free version has many limitations, such as not being able to listen to music and use other applications at the same time.
Amazon Music and Amazon Music Unlimited
The Amazon platform is constantly growing. Amazon Music It is the free version that Amazon Prime users can enjoy. The application has more than two million songs, as well as playlists, radio stations and much more.
On the other hand, it is Amazon Music Unlimited. The paid version offers you more than 50 million songs, ad-free and also provides personalized recommendations.
Deezer it is a relatively recent platform, and somewhat unknown. The tool allows you to listen to more than 50 million songs online, achieving comparison with other services such as those mentioned above.
The Deezer app is available for Android, iOS and Windows. Its particularity is in combining your favorite songs with random recommendations, based on your tastes. In addition, it is also possible to find songs by new and little-known artists. It has a free and paid version, with more functions.