Nowadays, Skype is estimated as one of the most relevant solutions with regard to instant messaging in the digital environment. Since, being multiplatform, provides the facility for most people to communicate effectively.
For this reason, there are many users who are interested in learn more about what the service allows. Taking into account that, compared to other apps, this has a distinctive factor to guarantee more exclusivity to each person.
Said factor, refers to the ID of each user within the platform. Which is unique and offers an infallible way to identify each person there. If you want to know what it is, we invite you to read this post where we will explain it to you in detail.
Learn step by step how to know your Skype ID from any of your devices quickly and easily
As we mentioned before, the Skype ID consists of a unique and unique identifier which is associated with a specific user account. This being the case, the main data for be able to distinguish one account from another within the platform.
Therefore, although there may be several people with the same or similar Nickname or full name, neither will have the same Skype ID. That is why, it is considered an essential fact to be able to find anyone in the instant messaging app. Thus, this identifier will always be associated with your account, even though you modify the name associated with it.
So, it is interesting to know what your specific ID is in Skype and, therefore, below, we explain the steps to specify it from any device easily:
By comfort and speed, there are many clients of Skype what prefer to manage their account using their Android smartphone or tablet.
Therefore, we begin by letting you know each of the steps to follow to see your username from the Skype app compatible with that OS:
- First of all, enter the mobile application of Skype that you must have downloaded from Google Play Store and Log in into your account.
- Then, from the main page, tap on your profile picture at the top to see a full menu of options.
- Next, in the Manage section, select the option “Skype Profile”.
- Next, in the section on Profile, you can see your Skype ID. This, where it says “Username”, specifically.
- If you need to share it with someone, you just have to click on it for a few seconds and so on, click on “Copy”.
In case you choose to do this through an iPhone or iPad, you must bear in mind that the procedure to be carried out is very similar to the one that users of Android.
However, here we will specify each of the steps to follow to clear up any doubts in iOS users:
- Initially, open the compatible mobile app iPhone and iPad, in order to enter your skype account.
- Followed by that, starting from the main page of your account, look for your profile picture at the top and press it to access the required menu.
- Now, go to the Manage section and click on the option that says “Skype Profile”.
- Done the above, you will see your Skype ID where it says “Username”. Of course, from the Profile.
- Finally, if you want to save it or share it with another user, press on it for several seconds to get the option “Copy” and select it.
On Windows 10
For no one is a secret that, the most used instant messaging service on PCs is Skype.
Reason for which, it is relevant to detail what has to be done to see the ID of any account using the Skype application for W10 and this, we will let you know here:
- Directly from your PC, access the desktop version of Skype and log into your account like you always do.
- Second, from the main window, head over to the upper left corner and click on your profile picture.
- Then in Manage, look for the option that says “Skype profile” and click on it.
- After that, in your profile of the instant messaging app, place your ID in the option that says “Skype User”.
- To conclude, you can copy this Skype ID to your computer clipboard by double clicking on it, to choose “Copy”.
Now, if instead of doing it through Windows, you have to do it from your MacOS machine, it is essential that you know how to carry it out correctly.
Therefore, to finish, we explain each of the steps to follow to see your Skype ID on a computer with this operating system:
- As in all cases, it begins with open the Skype app on your MacOS (of course, its desktop version) in order to enter your account with the relevant data.
- After that, you have to go to the upper right corner of the main page of your account to click on your profile picture.
- Now, it’s time to click on “Skype Profile” from the Manage section.
- Next, in the Profile section, you will find your Skype ID where it says “Skype User”. As in the previous case.
- Finally, if you need it, you can copy this ID by clicking on it to find the corresponding option and do it.
We show you step by step how to change your username in Skype from any of the devices where you use the app
Unlike Skype ID, users of this Internet calling service have the possibility of modify the full name that your account displays on the platform, that is, the Nick that other people see when looking for them. This, in order to personalize your profile to a higher level.
Therefore, if you want to change your username in Skype in order to optimize what other users see about you in the application, we recommend carrying out one of the following processes that we explain below, depending on your case:
For customize your Skype profile modifying its name by means of a device Android, Of course, you will have to do it with the Skype mobile app compatible with that OS.
Thus, once you log into your account from there, proceed to execute the following:
- After logging into your account Skype, from the main window, press your profile picture which is at the top center of the screen.
- Later, choose the option that says “Skype Profile”, through the menu in the Manage section.
- Once you access your full profile of the application, go to the top and tap the pencil icon next to your full name.
- Followed by this, proceed to delete the name that your account shows at that moment and enter there the one you want to have from now on.
- Done the above, all that remains is press the check icon next to the name, in order to save the modification made.
Yes, instead of running it from a Android, what you need is to know how you can do it with the Skype app through an iOS device, do not worry.
Since, below, we explain the indicated step by step:
- First, open your skype account via the compatible app iPhone and iPad.
- Then, in the main window, look for your profile picture at the top of the screen and select it.
- Then, among all the options, press the one that says “Skype Profile” and that is within the menu of the Manage section.
- Next, when you enter your full profile, head to the top and press the pencil icon next to your name in Skype.
- Now, it’s time to delete the name that your account has, for later write there the one you want to show from now.
- Finally, it only remains to save the changes made with just press the check icon next to the name.
On Windows 10
Now, if you prefer to manage your account Skype through your computer and this is a Pc with Windows 10, it is important that you know how to do it correctly.
Therefore, below, we explain what are the steps to follow to modify your username with the desktop version for this service:
- Starting from your PC, start by opening the desktop application Skype and Log in into your account with the corresponding data.
- Later, in the main window of the app, go to the upper left corner and press your profile picture.
- Then look for the option that says “Skype profile” in the Manage and proceed to oppress her.
- Then, from your profile in the instant messaging app, locate the pencil icon (this is next to the username) and click on it.
- To finish, in the space indicated, you must delete the name you have in order to enter the one you want to show in your Skype account. So, click on the check that is there and that’s it.
On the other hand, if you need to change your Skype username and manage your account using a MacOS computer, here we show you each of the steps you have to complete to achieve it correctly:
- First of all, find the desktop version of Skype (of course, it must be installed on your computer) and with it, open your account.
- Now, in the main window, you have to go to the upper left corner and click on your profile picture.
- Next, in the Manage section, search and choose the option that says “Skype profile”.
- After that, at the top of your profile, find the pencil icon and click on it. This one is located right next to the Nick.
- Then delete the name you have for there enter the one you want to have in your Skype account from now on.
- Lastly, you have to click on the check that is there, in order to save the changes made.