While it is true, when turning on and proceeding to configure a new Apple device , be it an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or Mac; The system displays a message that indicates log in with each user’s Apple ID account . By which, all Apple services on the device in question, are automatically configured .
Added to this, the Apple ID is also the gateway to all the data from iCloud , which is about the Apple cloud. In which, users can save all the information they want and thereby protect their data. Also, it should be taken into account that, in the opposite case of the iPhone, Mac computers allow a multi-user login and thanks to this, each family member can have a different Apple ID iCloud account for more privacy.
But, many times people don’t know the process to follow to change these accounts without losing the data stored there . Indeed, we want to show you what you must do to achieve this task easily and quickly, either through your iPhone, iPad or iPod device and on a Mac .
Steps to change the iCloud Apple ID account without losing data
If you want to change the iCloud Apple ID account without losing absolutely any of the information you have there , the procedure to follow depends on the device on which you do this. Therefore, we section the step by step for users of iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch and, on the other hand, we specify the process that must be carried out on a Mac computer.
On the iPhone, iPad or iPod phone
To change your iCloud Apple ID account on any of these three iOS devices, the process is the same.
Next, the steps to complete:
When you finish this procedure, you can access from iCloud, all the information you once selected and even through another device on which you log in with this same account .
From the Mac computer
For those who use a Mac computer in a familiar way and prefer to have their iCloud Apple ID accounts separately or, for those who use several accounts of this type and prefer to manage them through the Mac, the steps to follow Switch from Apple ID, they are as follows :
- First, click on the Apple menu . This is usually located in the upper left corner of the initial screen and is identified with an icon of a black apple.
- Subsequently, select the option “System Preferences” , which is in the second section of the drop-down menu that shows you and there, click on “iCloud” (button located to the left of the window).
- Now, choose the option “ Close session ”, located in the lower corner of the screen on the left hand side. With this, you will be deleting all the information that you have stored from your Mac in iCloud , even the photos stored there.
- If, when completing the previous steps, you receive a message error during the process , it may be due to a contradiction between your Mac and another iOS device. To fix it, go to “ Settings ” of the iPhone, iPad or iPad; press your Apple ID, then press iCloud> Keychain> iCloud Keychain and finally slide the button to the on position in green. >
- If you did not get an error message or have already solved it, proceed to click on the Apple menu . To go there, enter “ System Preferences ”, again.
- Once done the above, access the option “ iCloud ” and press the “ Login ” button; located at the top of the dialog box that they show you. If you wish to create a new Apple ID, click on “ Create Apple ID… ” and with that, proceed to also create an iCloud account for free by following the instructions that indicate .
- Subsequently, enter your Apple ID and password (either one that was previously activated or the one you just created). Thus, you must copy the email address that is associated with your Apple ID , along with its password.
- Now, proceed to click on “ Login ”located in the lower corner of the dialog box on the right hand side.
- It’s time to allow iCloud preferences to make the required changes, with just to facilitate the administrator name and password of your Mac computer . If you have two-step verification enabled, you must also enter the unlock password for others on your Apple devices .
- Now, set your sync preferences, so that all The information on your device is merged with your iCloud account . To do this, press the button at the top of the dialog box. If you want to find your Mac in case of theft or loss, you must also click on the bottom .
- Now, click on “ Next ” and If you choose to activate the location of your computer, click on “ Allow ”, so that the application “ Search my Mac ” will be able to run.
- Then, click on the box next to the “ iCloud Drive ” option. This allows you to store your documents and files in the iCloud service . In addition, proceed to select the applications whose access to iCloud Drive you want to allow; just click on “ Options ” and do it.
- Finally, check the boxes below at the bottom of “ iCloud Drive “. With the aim of select the type of data you want to synchronize with iCloud and in such a way, you can access them from any device on which you log in with this iCloud Apple ID account. It’s all.
I can’t change my iCloud account because I forgot the password How to recover it?
If you could not change your iCloud account because you forgot the password you currently have activated on your device, what you can do to solve this problem is reset the password .
While it’s true, the instructions for doing this process vary depending on the type of security you use for your Apple ID . Typically, Apple users select two-factor authentication and to do so, the procedure depends on whether you use an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, or if you use a Mac computer.
To recover it on an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
It is important to note that this security method allows you to recover the password from any trusted iOS device , through a key or an activated code.
The step by step to follow in one of these devices is extremely simple and fast, which is based on:
- First of all, you must make sure that your device has iOS 10 or later for this trick to work perfectly .
- Once located on the device , go to the “ Settings ” menu.
- Then, click on “[Your name]” and click on “ Password and security •.
- Within that section, tap on “ Change password ” and proceed to follow the steps that tell you to update your password and that’s it.
If you fail to complete the last step successfully, what may be happening is that you did not log in to iCloud correctly .
To solve the aforementioned, go to “ Settings ” and click on “ Log in to [Your device] ”.
After that, click on the option “Don’t you have an Apple ID or forgot it? ” and complete the steps shown on the screen.
In case the device operates with iOS 10.2 or earlier than this , you have to click on “ iCloud ” and now tap on “Forgot your Apple ID or password? ” and follow the steps, finally.
Reset password on a Mac computer
For Mac users, the procedure is also simple to execute. Thus, the steps to follow are:
- Access the Apple menu and enter the option “ System preferences ”.
- After that, select “ iCloud ”and press“ Account information ”.
- If you are asked to enter your Apple ID password, you must click on the choice “Forgot your Apple ID or password?” and so, proceed to complete the instructions indicated on the device.
- Finally, enter the section ” Security ”and look for the option“ Reset password ”to press it and recover the password of your Apple ID, with which you will be able to change this account. To complete the process, just enter the password you use to unlock your Mac and voila.
If you need help to perform these steps and complete the procedure, it is likely that you are not logged into your iCloud account .
Then, to solve it, just access the Apple menu and click on “ System Preferences ”. Then, click on “ iCloud ” and, finally, choose the “Forgot your password?” option to follow the final steps.
To conclude, it is valuable to note that if you updated your Apple ID of the two-step verification to two-factor authentication on devices with iOS 11 or later, it is possible to use the recovery key to restore the iCloud Apple ID password through it.