UPDATED ✅ Do you need to know how to delete the form history of your favorite browser? ⭐ ENTER HERE ⭐ and discover how to do it ✅ EASY and FAST ✅
Most users spend long hours a day in front of their computers for various reasons, either working, for entertainment, checking their personal accounts, among many other reasons. A time where you enjoy the internet connection to constantly visit different websites.
Each one of the movements that are carried out from the computer are left stored in history of each of the browsers we use, taking into account that most of them have this tool. In addition, all this information that is saved can be take up a lot of space delaying like this the operation of the equipment.
However, this can also cause other people using the PC to know your every move on it, which will cause lose your privacy. That is why the importance of being able delete your browser’s form history preferably.
What is form history in browsers and what is it for?
The form history is practically based on those suggestions of Autocomplete that appear frequently in your browsers when you want to do something search, that is how It suggests websites that you have previously visited or keywords that you have entered in previous searches.
All this is usually quite useful when you want to carry out a faster and more comfortable navigation.
But, it can become a problem, since at the moment of having activated the autocomplete or autofill, those words that you have previously entered are constantly returned, bearing in mind that data such as names, addresses, passwords, bank accountsamong other.
It is important to mention that this tool is very valuable and interesting since facilitates the use of the browser. However, it can be detrimental to Privacy. Therefore, it is recommended only to use in those personal use computerswhere they are only used by trusted people.
Browsing History vs Form History: How are they different?
In the case of form records, these basically consist of reflecting those keywords that have been introduced into websites previously visited, as well as in web search engines.
They are used for the purpose of make navigation easier for your users thus throwing different alternatives to what they want to write, either passwords, usernames, web addresses, bank codes, card numbersamong other.
This tool obviously help the save user time in each of your activities, especially when we know how tedious it would be to write every so often access data in the different web portals that we visit. However, it is considered to be quite a tool. dangerous in privacy of the person.
While, in the case of web browsing historiesthese specialize in saving a full record of each of the steps that are carried out during internet browsing. That is, they show the web address of each of the sites you have visited, as well as each of the steps you have done within the portal.
However, this tool only shows the sites you have visited, but does not offer passwords, names, or any other type of data that you have entered compared to the form history.
Steps to clean or edit form history in all browsers
Considering everything mentioned above, you may want to disable autocomplete to prevent the personal data that you have used while browsing from continuing to appear. You can carry out this process in a very simple and fast way in each of the preferred browsers.
This is how we explain this process here in each of the most popular browsers on the market:
If you frequently use Google Chrome and you want to prevent this data from being stored, then it is important that you carry out each of the steps that we will teach you below to disable this feature:
- Sign in to Google Chrome and click on the menu located in the browser toolbar represented by three horizontal dots.
- Then select the option “Setting”.
- There click on the option “Show advanced options” and then look for the section “Password and forms”.
- Now deactivate the check box “Enable AutoFill to fill out web forms with just one click.”
- To delete the data that has been stored in the browser, go back to the three horizontal dots located on the toolbar.
- There select the section “Tool”.
- Now select “Clear browsing data”.
- A new window will appear where you will have to select the checkbox “Delete saved data from AutoFill.”
- With the menu located at the top you can select only the functions you want delete or just delete everything.
- To finish click on Clear browsing data.
For MozillaFirefox this process is very similar to Chrome, To do this, simply follow each of these steps:
- In the main window of MozillaFirefox Click on the three horizontal lines located at the top right of your screen.
- There a menu will be displayed where you select “Options”.
- Then click on the “Privacy Dashboard”.
- Now scroll the window down until you get to the section of “Clear history”.
- In the clean range scroll the list and select
- Now make sure that the option “Forms and search history” is selected.
- And finally click “clean now” so that all forms are removed.
The browser of Opera does not delete any type of information at the time of concluding the navigation and close the window. However, like the other browsers it gives you the possibility to delete cookies and other information that allow you to have increased privacy.
To do this you need to follow these instructions:
- the first thing will be access Opera.
- There we select the menu button where A list of options will be displayed, in it we choose the option of “Setting”.
- Here a new window will appear where we select the section of “Privacy & Security”.
- Now we move the window down until we get the section of “Cookies” and select the option “Keep data only until browser is closed.”
- Although this option is not the best of all, it will automatically help delete stored datas while using Opera.
On Microsoft EDGE
Another of the most popular and currently used browser is Microsoft Edge or also known as Internet Explorer. Here too a form record will be created of all the information you enter while visiting different websites.
In this case you can also delete all this through the following steps:
- In the main window of Edge Choose the three points located in the upper right corner of your screen. There you will see a drop-down menu where you select the option to “Setting”.
- Now select the section “Clear browsing data”.
- Here a new window will appear where you will have to select everything you want to delete, in this case make sure that the box of the “form data” is marked.
- To finish, simply click the button. “Erase”.
In case you use a apple team and use as default browser Safari, then you are interested in knowing how you can start clear your team’s form history and thus prevent third parties from seeing your private information.
In order to do this, you need to follow these steps:
- To get started, you need to go to the “Edition”.
- There select the section “Preference” and then click on the tab “General”.
- The next thing will be to look for the option of “Delete history items” here you can select if you want erase information stored forever, months, weeks or a day ago.