UPDATED ✅ Do you need to bypass the protection of a program with a usb key and you don’t know how to do it? ⭐ ENTER HERE ⭐ and discover how to do it step by step with this TUTORIAL ✅ EASY and FAST ✅
A Dongle or security key, it is a vitally important device if you want to protect your company’s critical files, work or some special program. So in some cases it is necessary to deliver different copies to workers or people you trust. Therefore, you have to know how to make a copy of it correctly.
It will allow different users to validate that they have access to the document or program in question, that is, permission is granted so that they can make any type of modification or, failing that, observe the information that is stored there. Keep in mind that making different copies of the Dongles is a great advantage, since in case it is lost or damaged, you will have different answers to replace the lost one and free yourself from worries.
In this tutorial we will explain step by step What is a Dongle or USB security key? What are they for and how can you create a fully functional copy. Finally, an advertwhen copying a USB key you must do it correctly, otherwise the device may be damaged.
What is a Dongle or key device and what is it for?
It is a device that is used as a security key, the same fulfills the function of a small adapter that connects to another device exercising additional functionality, in this case providing validation to a user.
These work as follows: By placing the security key in a computer, the computer can validate a piece of a program or software to work. In some cases the programs only work in restricted mode, or else they will not be able to be executed if the user is not validated through a Dongle.
Those can also be used to integrate access keys, preventing users from accessing files and/or folders without having these passwords. The adapters or security keys can be of the USB or HDMI type.
Steps to clone the USB key or flash drive and bypass the protection of a program
There are different methods for copying or cloning a Dongle, one of them is only available for computers with Windows operating systems, from Windows XP to Windows 10. Keep in mind that this method is an emulation of it. Do each of the explained steps exactly as indicated, since a mistake can mean the damage of USB devices.
Requirements to clone a USB key
Before starting the process to copy a Dongle, you have to meet a series of strictly necessary requirements To do the job correctly, take into account the following points:
- Have a computer with a valid operating system for the program (Windows XP / Vista).
- Know the brand or model of the Dongle to which you are going to make the copy: These can be the following; HASP or Sentinel.
- Once you know the model of the Dongle device, proceed to download the emulator from the following links:
- Use programs to dump the Donglein this case you can use Neobit 11.
- Download the drivers corresponding to the device, that is, if it is “Sentinel” the drivers for the same or if it is “HASP“, the same case.
The creation processes go in an order, first you must dump the Dongle with the corresponding program and then perform the copy emulation. Always using the appropriate programs for each manufacturer.
This process is one of the most complicated and can be somewhat dangerous. What you must take into account before starting the process is the brand of the dongle to which you are going to make a backup.
In this case, the process has been carried out with a Sentinel device and the Sentinel drivers have been installed. If these are not installed, the program will notify you of an error.
There are different tabs or options that you can choose in the program, Sentinel is chosen for now, because it is the one we are interested in for the tutorial. But you can choose any of the other options if your device brand is different. The Keygen option should not be chosen, this because it does not fulfill any functionality in what you currently need to do.
You see different options to mark, at this time you are not going to choose any, since they are for more experienced users. You’re only going to make a change to the blank space below the word “Dump and Solve.”
Next you will indicate a name for the new device. This can be any, but at the end you must add the following “.dng”. After adding the name and installing the corresponding drivers, you will click on the button “Dump&Solve”, To continue with the process.
If you use a laptop, make sure that it is connected to the charger and have a full battery, because the process when it starts has different phases and can take a long time to complete.
You have to locate the Dongle, if the device is correctly connected to a USB port you will be able to view it. Otherwise, if you get an error, change port device and restart the program to find the component again.
Now the program will have to detect the algorithms and decrypt them. The procedure is the longest in time, because this depends on the Dongle, so it can even take hours.
You have to perform the dump file creation, which will be “.dng”. This file will be the one we will use in the emulator after finishing the process.
Upon completion of each phase, the progress bar that is identified in the image with a red box, will gradually increase.
Failures during the process
Each phase can have different faults, causing specific errors. These are displayed in the error bar of the program. Depending on the type, there may be a way to solve it. Below we will name the most common errors.
- The error “Can’t find dongle”is generated when the program does not find the Dongle device.
- There is also the “Unable to initialize Sentinel API” (error initializing Sentinel API), this happens when there are bugs with the drivers. It is recommended that when installing them, they are activated as a service that Windows runs at startup.
- When the process finishes, you will have already created the file that will be a backup copy of the dongle, completely ready to be emulated when needed.
.dng file emulation
Now you will have to use some of the emulators that we previously indicated, since in this tutorial we are using the Sentinel program, we will use said emulator. Remember to use the one that corresponds to the model of your device.
This program will serve as an emulator for the dng file. A small disadvantage that it presents is that it can generate blue screens due to incompatibility with some programs. if they run at the same time as the emulator is used. For example, it can fail if the bluetooth is activated. If this happens, you should only disable the apps that are causing crashes before using it.
You can see 3 tabs, each of them has a specific functionality:
- Emulator: This is where the dongle will be used and emulated.
- dongle: This part is responsible for loading the dump file, previously explained.
- Driver: This is where you are going to install the driver for the program to work properly.
The first process you are going to choose is the “Driver” tab, for the program to work this way. The correct way to install is as follows:
- You are going to click on “Install Driver”.
- Options will be activated. autorun and manual run (automatic star / manual star).
- You will choose the “Manual execution”.
- you are going to click on “Save state” for it to be saved.
Once you have successfully completed these steps, you will be placed in the “Emulator”. This is where the east is to be emulated. Once this is done, you will see different options.
- License: It is the license of the program.
- Licensed Dongles: This is where the license of the same you want to emulate will be.
- Computer ID: It is the id of the computer that is being used.
You’re going to click the button “Start Service”, thus starting the process. You will see that the state of the program changed. will tell you now “The service is already up and running.” You can see it in Sentinel status.
Upload the .dng file
Now all you have to do is click on the “Dongle” tabso you can load the dump file, in this case the “dng file”, that you have previously created. For this you have to do the following:
- You will select the option “Load dump” and you are going to choose the file to be uploaded. Locate the file with the name you created.
- After charging is complete, you will return to the “Emulator” tab. In this part you will check that it has been loaded correctly and that it is working.
- You’ll have to look at the data “License” Y “license dongles”, relative to the original data.
- Once this is validated, you will be able to make use of the cloned device without problems.
How to share a dongle over LAN or Internet?
There is another method so that you can share a Dongle device, without the need to make a copy. The great advantage of this option is that it works for current operating systems: Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Android.
For this there is a program called: FlexiHub.
This one has a free version which you can try for 14 days and one payment. The paid version is by subscription. Although, it also has a vision of perpetual license, called USB Network Gate.