You have always looked for to change the language of Windows , and it has been so tedious that you have left the process halfway. It is that old versions of this OS have made this a true odyssey. Everything is because the system already came with a predetermined language and you had to enter very deep to change it and if you were not very clear with the steps you had to follow, you could spend hours and hours without achieving a successful result .
In view of this, Windows in its new version (Windows 10) has developed new functions, so that this work is not so overwhelming. While before when you bought a computer outside your country, you had to change the language, or even have to pay someone else to do it, but now with version 10, you can change the language of up to three computers to the time without much entanglement .
Today we bring you the best methods, and steps so you can install a new language to your Windows 10 computer . In addition we will show you its shortcuts with the keyboard. You will find helpful information in each of the sections that we leave below.
Steps to change the default language on a Windows 10 computer
One of the problems that the Microsoft operating system has been dragging for a long time, is the language. If we buy a computer outside the country, it is configured with a default language, it is really difficult to change it by having to download language packs , and install them manually.
Aware of the problem that many of the Windows users live, the new Windows 10 was born , where changing languages and installing it is very simple, and you can always do it easily as many times as you want. To do this you just have to follow the steps below. .
- The first thing you need to do to make the change in Windows 10, is to go to the “start” menu, then “Settings” and there you will see the next. As you can see the default language in the image is Spanish.
- In the same place you already are, look for the “Time and language” option, from there you go to the line that says “Region and language » and the following options will be displayed.
- As you can see, by default the system is in Spanish and, other languages are not available. For cases like these, if you want to change it to English, you will have to click on the «Add a language» option and in the window that is displayed you can search for it in all listing, or simply enter the name in the search box.
- Click on the option you want (English) and you will see that new options associated with the chosen language will appear, remember that each language has many variations, due to the different accents in each country.
- Among so many options, select “English (United States)” and the “Region and language” window will be displayed again, in which you will see that the language is already available. While there, click on the chosen language and other options will be displayed.
- Then click on the tab that says “Options”, and you can see the current download of the language you are going to configure.
- You can download it place, parameters such as language, voice and handwriting. Once the download process is finished, you will proceed to install the language.
- Go back to the «Region and language» window and click on the language to be set and you select the option that says “Set as default” and you will see a message like the following.
- At the next login in Windows 10 , this will be the default language from now on in your Windows. You will have to restart the system to be able to check the changes and you will see that now Windows 10 is completely in English, as we have configured it.
Change the display language
Many of the users use the same computer but both use different languages. It’s a very annoying thing that they have to download and install a new language every time one uses it . For these we bring you how to configure the screen and the system for a specific user.
- As a first step go to the Windows menu, search for “Settings” and then on “Time and language” .
- You will see a window, which in it you will look for the option of «Region and language» .
- In the window will appear the languages you currently have available, click on the language of your interest and select the option Set as default.
Change the language of the user account
The language that is already set on your computer or user includes the different support windows, menus, assistant dialogs and all the elements that make up the interface. When the language is changed, it is specifically displayed to the user , but is not included in these cited elements. For this you will have to follow these simple steps:
- Locate the “Control Panel” of the device and go to representedRegion where.
- A window will open, which you will select «copy settings» so that the current language is cloned to all the elements.
- You will find in the window the option to mark that your current language is copied, to the login session and system accounts. Right there you can select to have these same details copied for new users. And click on perceived Accept with.
Configure the Cortana language
This is one of the new features of Microsoft , which helps you with many tasks within the Windows system. The problem with Cortana is that no matter how much you enable it from the installation, it will only be available for countries such as:
- United Kingdom.
- United States.
Therefore, the other countries will have restrictions to use it, therefore it will be very necessary that you try to do the following steps, if you are within those countries, which enters the group of restricted countries.
- First make the change of languages as we have described previously. When you have the new language set, you go to the option «Region and language» again, click on the button « Options »(Options).
- Then you will see a window, where you must download the option ” Speech “ of the installed language, and wait for it to download and you install it on the system.
- Once installed, in the «Region and language» window, select the line «Speech » and in the « Speech Language »field, select the new language, in this case it is English. It will be very necessary that you activate the box «Recognize non-native accents for this language» .
- Once you have made all the changes, restart the operating system and you can use Cortana with total freedom and with its functions in full activity. You need to define the keyboard with the language already selected, for this click on the default language, which is located in the taskbar. From the displayed list, you search for the language and select it. In this case «English (United States)».
- Finally, you will be able to change the current region of the system for everything organized, for this you go to the control panel.
- You select the “Clock, language and Region” option and in the displayed sale, click on Region. Once there, select «United States» from the drop-down list and click on accounted for.
- Always following these steps you can now establish a new language to your Windows and also enable Cortana functionalities, whenever you want.
How to add a new language to Windows 10? < / h2>
As in the previous method, you can install a new language in your operating system, since in this you can add the languages you want.
Follow the steps below:
- To do this, you will have to open the control panel first. In the Windows 10 search engine, type Control Panel, then you will see the options, select the option with the same name to open it. Once there, select the “Clock, language and region” option and click on the “Add a language” option.
- Select the languages you’ll find in the list , (the ones you want to add) and then click add.
- When you return to your languages window you will see that the one you just added, already appears among your languages, which are installed.
How to remove a language installed in Windows 10? < / h2>
There are two methods to delete a language in Windows 10:
The first method is to look for the «Region and language» option, click on that language you want to remove, and in the options that are displayed, select “Remove” or entitled Remove Remove.
The second method is to open a command prompt as an administrator and execute it with the following syntax: lpksetup / u (language). For example if you need to remove the Spanish language, you run the following: lpksetup / u es-es, and if you want to eliminate English: lpksetup / u en-en .
Shortcuts and key combinations to change the language in Windows 10
Something we have always liked about this operating system are its keyboard shortcuts . Those key combinations that make it easier for you to access sections of the OS to the necks would be much more complicated to access normally. Unfortunately, there is no one of these formulas to change the language completely.
The closest thing there is is the “Windows key + Spacebar” combination to change the keyboard language. However, we take the liberty of making a guide to keyboard shortcuts in the Microsoft operating system for you. So take note of each of them.
Division of application and window screens
Being able to make a screen division or as it is said in the Windows language, a Snap , is very easy. This has improved a bit in version 10 and here we will explain the keyboard shortcuts so you can try it.
You can position the application windows on any side of the screen, such as in Windows 8, but this version can be assigned to quadrants so you can make or have four frames (windows) open at the same time < / strong>.
- + Left – snap, from the active window to the left.
- < strong> + Right – snap the active window to the right.
- + Up – snap the active window up.
- + Down – snap the active window below.
You will see that when you are snapping from a window to the side or quadrant, Windows will suggest that you place among the applications that you already have open, in some quadrant that is empty.
The virtual support for the desktops that Windows 10 brings, shows how much this operating system has evolved , to offer a better quality to its users. It’s as if you had several additional invisible monitors. You can save a different activity on each desktop, but what is not different is the wallpaper and shortcuts.
- + Ctrl + D – create a new virtual desktop.
- < i class="fab fa-windows"> + Ctrl + Left – move to the desktop on the left.
- + Ctrl + Right – move to the desktop on the right.
- + Ctrl + F4 – close the current desktop.
- + Tab – view all your desktops and applications. < / li>
Cortana settings and shortcuts
Cortana is the best search assistant on the platform , it has features that are being improved every day. You can activate it by your voice, but if you are one of those who do not like (for comfort) shout “ Hey, Cortana ”, or whatever the reason for not doing so, we offer you the shortcuts that are going to help. Once you have activated Cortana, you can choose whether to use the voice or just the keyboard.
- + Q – to start Cortana ready to receive voice commands.
- < strong> + S – to start Cortana ready to receive written orders.
- + I – doing this opens the Windows 10 settings page.
- + A – and you’ll see that the Windows action center (or notifications) opens.
- + X – to open the context menu of the start button.
This version has a new terminal, and therefore also new shortcuts for this . If you want to use them you just have to right click on the terminal window bar, which there you will choose Properties. In the tab that says Options , you will have to activate the shortcuts using the Ctrl key, just like the text selection options.
- Shift + Left – highlight text to the left of the cursor.
- Shift + b Right – highlight text to the right of the cursor.
- Ctrl + Shift + Left (or Right) – highlight blocks of text instead of just one item at a time.
- Ctrl + C – copy the selected text to the Windows clipboard.
- Ctrl + V – paste the clipboard text to the terminal.
- Ctrl + A – select all text.
You can use these same shortcuts, for other applications that are text based, but are new to the terminal.
Adding all the keyboard combinations that W10 brings new to your community , there are also shortcuts that have survived through many of the versions of this operating system, and despite this, they remain very useful. Here we leave you some other combinations that you will need, to be able to navigate through the interface of your new system.
- + D – minimize all applications to go directly to the desktop.
- Ctrl + Shift + M – restore all minimized applications (very useful after Win + D).
- + Home – minimize all windows except the one you’re using.
- + L – lock your PC and go to the lock window.
- + E – open the file explorer. < / li>
- Alt + Up – go up one level in the file explorer.
- Alt + Left – go to the previous folder in the file explorer.
- Alt + Right – go to the next folder in the file explorer.
- Alt + Tab – Change window (press and hold Alt while pressing Tab to choose visually go to which window to go to).
- Alt + F4 – close the current window.
- + Shift + Left (or Right) – move a window to your next monitor.
- + T – switch applications between those found in the taskbar (press Enter to choose).
- < / i> + Any numeral key – open the application from your taskbar located in that position (for example, Win + 2 opens the second application located from left to right in the taskbar).
< / ul>