The APN corresponds to the Access Point of any mobile phone, this will allow you to have access to 3G and 4G Internet from your mobile or improve the connection. This is a tool that all the included ones bring Smartphone of all operators and which is very important to have configured on your device.
This tool is usually configured on its own when entering the SIM to the device . But, sometimes this does not usually happen and therefore we must configure the APN of the team ourselves. As mentioned earlier, this will allow us to enjoy the mobile Internet service quickly and safely.
The information of the APN must be correctly so that the settings of your Android, iPhone or Windows Phone device can work correctly, keep in mind that these values vary according to the operator and the country where you are . However, this process can be carried out quickly and safely through your device. That is why we will teach you how to configure your Claro APN with the following steps depending on your mobile device.
Steps to configure and add Claro APNs
To be able to carry out this process on your mobile device, be it Android, iPhone or Windows Phone you need to have a little basic knowledge to make this process much easier for you. The steps to follow for each of the devices are really easy and fast.
You have to keep in mind that this process applies to new equipment, especially those that are purchased outside the country of origin or when the SIM card is changed, where you will have to perform this settings to start enjoying the mobile data of your device
If you want to know how to configure the APN of course on your Android phone here we will show you how to achieve it. The most normal thing on Android phones is that when you place your SIM card the device itself recognizes it and the configuration is carried out automatically.
But if this is not so, then you must carry out this process yourself, for this you will only need to carry out the following steps:
- To start you must enter “Adjust” in the menu of your Android device.
- Now you will enter the option of “Wireless Connections and Networks”.
- There you go to look for the option that says “Mobile networks”.
- Within this option we select “Access point names”.
- After pressing the option you will find all the APNs that are configured for your device.
- If you want to modify one of the existing APNs, just click on it.
- To add a new APN you will press on the “Add” option It usually appears in the top menu of your Smartphone.
- If your device already has an APN of your operator, but it does not work properly you only have to verify that all the values are correct, once finished you just have to “Save”.
- Now, if none appears on your device, you only have to add one with the correct values and finally “Save” the changes.
Once you have completed this process, you will finally activate the mobile data of your device, for this you follow these instructions:
- Go back to “Settings”.
- Now you go to seconConnections†.
- Next at “Data usage” section and finally activate the “Mobile data” option.
On iOS / iPhone
As with Android devices on iOS this type of configuration is usually carried out automatically when insert the SIM card. But, it does not always happen this way, so which some users are obliged to have to configure the APN themselves.
It is important to keep in mind that this can only be configured if your telephone operator allows it , otherwise you will not be able to edit it. If you have this type of problem with your iOS device, here we will explain what are the steps you have to follow to carry out this process in the right way.
If your operator allows you to make changes to this tool then you must follow the following steps to configure the APN of your iPhone.
- The first thing you will do is enter “Settings” on your device.
- Now you will enter the option of “Mobile data”.
- Once in this section you will select “Mobile data options”.
- And now you enter the “Mobile data network” .
- Now this menu appears which you will be completing with the correct data of each of the options.
- This data will be automatically saved every time you return to the previous window. Save the APN data correctly so you can enjoy your 3G and 4G connection.
Once you have configured all the data and saved it, you just have to confirm that this process has worked, for this you must activate the mobile services of the Smartphone.
- To verify this you must go to “ Settings ” and disconnect the “Wi-Fi network”.
- Once Once this is done, you will prove that you can connect to the Internet through the 3G and 4G of your Claro operator.
- Now you must activate the messaging service. To do this you will go to “ Settings” and then to equallyMensajes†.
- Then you select “ MMS Messaging ” and finally try to send and receive an MMS.
In Windows Phone
In case you have a Windows device and it is presenting problems to carry out the 3G and 4G connection of your Claro operator, then you will need to check APN settings as it is very likely that it was not automatically configured and you should edit it.
As with Android and iPhone devices , the most normal thing would be for your Windows computer to perform this process automatically, but it doesn’t always happen. That is why we will teach you how to carry out this in a correct way so that the operation of your Internet works successfully . Keep in mind that all data must be correct in order for the device network to function properly.
To carry out this you just have to follow the steps that we will explain below:
- To start you will go to “Settings” in the menu of your device.
- Now you will swipe down with your finger until you get the option of “All settings”.
- Once you have entered this section you will select “Networks” and then “Phone”> “SIM and mobile network settings”
- Then you will slide the screen down again and press “Add Internet APN” .
- Within the form you will have to enter all the corresponding data of APN of your Claro operator. Note that here you can see the configuration data of your operator, if so , you just have to review it and edit it in case some are not correct.
- Once this is done you just have to press on the “Save” option.
- Finally you will press the “Back” key and you will search “Internet APN” you should check that the configuration you just created appears. Then you will press on it and you will select where it says representedApplication.
After completing all this series of steps you will be able to start enjoying your Internet connections in 3G and 4G of your Windows device.