Gmail is one of the most widely used email platforms, either because of its great compatibility with most devices or because of its great platform when it is possible to receive and send a file. This It has a very simple interface to handle and easily adapts to what you need.
Your mobile application is one of the most downloaded in most virtual stores. However, its installation on occasion generates confusion among its users and this does not know how to configure it correctly to be able to use it fully.
If it happens to you that you have opened a corporate or personal profile in Gmail and you don’t know how to configure it on your device, in this guide you can find how to do it regardless of the operating system you manage, you just have to follow the steps below.
Steps to configure the Gmail application on my mobile phone or tablet
The first thing you have to consider is the server you are working with or want to work with, what it is for and what advantages it can give you when you use it in your mail electronic.
POP3 or POP
It is a more up-to-date version of POP, this server allows you to create local copies of email messages by deleting the originals from the system. Also, with this server it doesn’t matter what capacity you occupy in the mailbox input, since everything is stored locally. The bad thing is that if you open a message on a different mobile device or tablet , when you enter the computer it will appear as if you had not read it
Unlike the previous one this allows you to synchronize mail files that are on the server with several computers at the same time, keeping the originals on it. It can be synchronized with several devices, as it offers you The advantage that when you open a file appears to you as read on any other synchronized device, which means that if you change your computer or computer, the system stays the same as you set it up.
The bad thing about this service is that it doesn’t delete your emails until you do it, which makes it take more space with email that can already be junk.
This server meets the same requirements as IMAP , the only difference between this server and the others is that it allows you to synchronize your contacts and calendar, which none of the others let you do. It should be noted that in order to use Exchange you have to have a server that is compatible with the Exchange ActiveSync protocol.
Configure on Android
You have to keep in mind that in order to configure your email account either IMAP, Exchange, POP or POP3 you have to have at hand the username (of the mail), the password, whatever type of server it is, the outgoing server (SMTP) and the SMTP Port.
Some of this information can be provided automatically, but there are times when you don’t, it all depends on the model of the device you are configuring.
- Go to the menu of your mobile device and search for the Gmail app, it usually comes pre-installed on the device, if not, download it from Google Play Store.
- You will enter your app and you will go to the « Gmail Settings « , which are the three stripes that are located at the top of it.
- Search where it says « Settings» or respectivelyAdjusts accordingly.
- In the window that opened enter Add account> Other.
- Now you must access the email you want to add and press «Next».
- You will see that it asks you the question of what kind of account do you want? You have three (3) options:
- Choose the one that works for your server and click on « Next» .
- A window will open in which you will be asked to enter the email password.
- You will now be asked for the username and password (email details).
- In that same window that you are you will notice that it asks you to write the name of the server, as we mentioned before, I can give it to you automatically, but if you do not have to enter it manually. It says “ Port” in which you must enter the following depending on what you choose, if it was POP3 you must place 110 and if it is IMAP 143.
- In the space below, ask what kind of security you want, select « SSL / TLS» to automatically support all certificates, but if you don’t want, you can select that None and press « Next» .
- Now you are going to configure the output server « SMTP», in which you are going to enter the same name that you previously placed on your server, in the port you must enter 26 or 587, and in security type the same one that you had placed before.
- It will start processing the information you are saving, just wait a few seconds and you can start enjoying mail settings.
On iPhone iOS phones
The good thing about Gmail is that at the moment you are already a member or you are using its mail platform , you can configure it in such a way that it keeps you informed by notifications when you receive an email or when you do some Login to your account from somewhere. In addition to its large storage capacity, either by Dropbox or by Google Driver, all this safely.
- Go to “Settings” your device.
- In the menu that opens search for and enter the option of Mail or Mail> Accounts> Add account.
- In the window that opened, you will see several email addresses, but you will enter “Other” and in the window that unfolds press the option «Add email account ».
- Now if you start filling in the information to activate the email address, you will notice that you are asked to cast Name, Email, Password and Description.
- It should be noted that the moment you enter the email, it can give you the description automatically, as it may not, that will depend on the version you have of iOS. When filling in all the fields press « Next».
- Now you must select if you want it « Configure in IMAP or POP».
- Some fields will already be filled, now you just have to add the remaining fields in the incoming server, in “Hostname” enter the following 49,115.72 or mail. In the name of your domain place yours (internetpasoapaso.com), then just type the email and password .
- On the output server in Hostname you must enter your domain name (internetpasoapaso.com), this worked for you with the numbers) . If you do not enter mail.
- In the name of your domain re-enter your email and password. When completing the fields, just press «Next».
- This will begin to verify the information you just entered, if correct you will see a popcorn aside.
- In the pop-up window that will appear press «Details», you must open a tab, press Trust to finish the configuration.
- Now you will have two options Mail and Notes, activate the first one and press Save.
- Now just select the address you just added, there you will see a section that says “ Accounts”, click. In that part you have the information you just added, verify that everything is in order.
- Enter SMTP to finish configuring security, enter the first option you should if it’s the Hostname you entered earlier.
- Activate the server option and verify the information in Use SSL if you want to leave it that way or disable it. If you leave it, the services will be automatically downloaded, at the end of the press, press Ok and click now where it says Account.
- Now enter the option Advanced, check the data, if you deactivated the option to use SSL previously disable it again , if you do not finish verifying the information and at the time of close press Account> Ok.
- This way you have finished setting up your account and you can use it.