UPDATED ✅ Do you want to improve the privacy of your YouTube account and protect your data? ⭐ ENTER HERE ⭐ and get to know them all ✅ EASY and FAST ✅
YouTube has become the main platform for playing videos on the Internet, since it presents a great variety. Also, allows you to upload content from your own channel and interact with the whole community.
But, despite its prestige, the truth is that this website it is not exempt from revealing certain security gaps for users. For this reason, it is important to follow certain recommendations to prevent your privacy and the protection of your devices from being compromised.
Indeed, through this post, we will teach you how to set youtube privacy options. In this way, you can improve security when using this platform.
What are the security risks on YouTube that we need to be aware of?/h2>
Being the largest video website on the net, Youtube It has millions of users worldwide and is accessible to all types of audiences. In such a way, exhibits a multi-purpose purpose ranging from the dissemination of tutorials, to the creation of advertising for commercial brands and the creation of personal content. However, due to its nature and scope in the digital environment, Youtube is also considered a potential platform to compromise your privacy and security.
Since, can expose different data and personal information for others to use in harmful ways. As if that were not enough, the video website also reveals notable threats to devices and operating systems. Since your users can affect others through various types of malware, phishing attacks and many kinds of browsing scams.
In this sense, below, we highlight what are the main security trances on YouTube in summary form:
- Generation of phishing, SPAM or scams: Many videos on the web are aimed at capturing data from other users, as a method of tricking others into sharing their passwords, credit card numbers, or other sensitive information.
- Copyright Infringement: With premeditation, some Internet users make use of foreign material to increase the viewing of videos uploaded to YouTube and their visits. Which generates a danger by violating copyright with the consequent complaint by the official creator.
- malware threats: Many hackers choose to use the tricks of this video platform to insert a malicious program or malicious code into the devices of other users. Using said software, they are responsible for stealing data and carrying out harmful actions on the computer system, without prior knowledge on the part of the owner.
- Harassment and cyberbullying: More and more people, both minors and adults, are suffering from cyberbullying through YouTube. Which, basically, consists of the affected user producing sensitive material to make fun of others and receive offenses.
Learn how to improve the security of your YouTube account
Through the following YouTube settingswe teach you how you can optimize your privacy and security in order to use the renowned video platform in a more reliable way.
Go for it:
Create private playlists
One of the best YouTube settings to protect your security and that of your devices, consists of creating private playlists so that no other user can know it. This will also prevent playlists created by other users from appearing on your channel.
Next, we explain how to do it step by step:
- Sign in to your YouTube account and go to the main page.
- In the upper right corner, click on your profile image.
- Once the options menu opens, choose “Settings” in the listing.
- From the left side, Find and select “Privacy”.
- In section “Playlists and subscriptions”with the switch, proceed to activate the option “Keep all my lists saved as private”.
- Done that, the changes will be stored automatically and you can check it with the message “Changes have been saved” that appears at the bottom.
This is a setting that helps no other YouTube user can see what channels you are subscribed to. This is even ideal to avoid appearing in the list of subscribers of any channel, even if you have signed up for it. So, it allows you to increase privacy on the website.
Next, we show you all the steps to complete to hide subscriptions on YT:
- Through the main panel of the platform, when you access your account, click on your profile picture in the upper right corner.
- From the options menu, proceed to select “Settings” (as in the previous part).
- In the next pane, Click on “Privacy” in the list of options on the left side.
- In the Playlists and subscriptions section, turn on the “Keep all my subscriptions private” switch and this change will be saved automatically.
Hide video preferences
On YouTube, you can also adjust your preferences to improve your security on the platform when watching videos. In this case, we recommend hide video preferences and in such a way, the system will stop notifying you about videos that you might like, based on what you have seen. In order to have a more private experience.
Now, to do so, you need to complete the following procedure:
- Opens Youtube and from the main page, click on your profile picture in the upper right corner.
- Next, click on “Settings” in the list of options.
- On the left side, click on “Notifications”.
- Later, go to the section of Your preferences and turn off the “Videos we recommend” switch.
- Finally, you can also disable other preferences following the same procedure and thus, optimize your YT experience.
Save videos as private
Is about a useful alternative to configure the privacy of the videos you share through YouTube. With that, your content will not be public and indeed, it will help you so that your clips can only be seen by family and friends, for example.
By Therefore, to save videos as private, here we show you step by step how to make this setting in your YouTube account easily and quickly:
- Sign in to your YouTube account like you normally do.
- In the main panel, click on “My videos” through the options menu located on the left sidebar.
- Next, a new tab will open that corresponds to YouTube Studio and you have to Click on “Content”.
- In the Videos section, you will find all the uploaded clips on your channel. For make each of them privatego to the Visibility box and click where it says “Public”.
- From the popup menu, check the “Private” box in the Save or publish section. After, click on “Save”.
- Automatically, in the section from Visibility will change to “Private” and so, you must do with each of the videos that you want to adjust.
Disable personalized ads
You can also increase the privacy level of your YouTube account, disabling personalized ads that the platform usually provides to its users. With this, your experience will be more incognito and the website will not be able to know your interests closely.
If you want to disable such personalized ads, here we show you how to do it step by step for a successful result:
- Sign in to your YouTube accountclick on your profile picture and choose the “YouTube Studio” option within the listing.
- Next, from the menu on the left side, click on “Settings” and from the popup, you have to click on “Channel”.
- After, Select “Advanced Settings” at the top and scroll down until you find the section Advertisements.
- In this section, proceed to check the box that says “Turn off interest-based ads” and finally, click “Save”.
Clear search and view history
Another effective option to improve the privacy of Youtube, it’s based on clear your account’s search and view history. Since, this takes care of that do not save any of the videos you have viewed on the website and thus, it is possible to prevent the system from showing you content related to a specific theme.
To clear your search and viewing history on YouTube, here are the steps you need to complete:
- Sign in to your YouTube account as you normally do and go to the home page.
- Second, proceed to click on “Library” from the options menu on the left sidebar.
- Then the system will show you all the Record of videos hosted on your account. there, you have to click on “See all”.
- Subsequently, click “Clear all watch history” through the menu on the right side and in the pop-up window, confirm the action Clicking on “Clear Watch History”.
- If you prefer to have all your history automatically deleted from now on, select the option “Manage all history” and in the next tab, click “Automatic removal”. Then, choose the age time to perform the deletion and click on “Next” for the system to start the deletion.
Do not show your number of subscribers
Hide the number of subscribers of your YouTube channelis distinguished as a great strategy to improve privacy on this platform, thanks to the fact that it reveals less information about you. In addition, it is very easy to adjust.
Here, we explain step by step what you have to do to not show your number of subscribers on the web:
- Sign in to your accounttap your profile picture and select “YouTube Studio” in the listing.
- From the left sidebar, Click on “Settings” and choose “Channel” through the pop-up window.
- After that, Click on the “Advanced Settings” tab and go to the section Number of subscribers.
- To finish, you have to uncheck the box that says “Show the number of subscribed users in my channel” and then press on “Save” from the bottom.