In the most email services, the service seeks that the user experience is as user-friendly as possible. However, from time to time, other users may create some discomfort with your messages.
For situations like this, Outlook provides you with the function of creating black lists of email addresses from which you do not want to receive messages, so that your mailbox is free of spam.
In the next few paragraphs, you will learn how to use this useful tool for Outlook to generate a list of addresses that will not be able to send you messages, as well as other useful tricks to protect your privacy in this service.
What are the benefits of having a blacklist in Outlook?
The most noticeable benefits of turning on the Outlook blacklist feature focus on the privacy we can get, as well as in improving interactions by restricting users that can generate discontent. Basically it is about blocking email addresses that, for whatever reason, send annoying messages or spam and ruin the experience of using Outlook.
In this sense, you can list the benefits of using the blocked address list as follows:
- Promotes a more comfortable use of the mail service.
- Keeps an organized list of the email addresses that you do not want to be contacted.
- It is easily modifiable. Addresses can be added and removed from this list at any time.
- Can store A maximum of 32,000 email addresses.
Learn how to create a spam sender blacklist in Outlook
Given the Outlook is such a well known and widely used email service, contains privacy features that will allow you create a list of blocked contacts from any computer, both from your mobile and from your computer.
Let’s see next:
From the phone
The mobile it is one of the most popular Outlook usage methods, so it has a large number of functions that allow you to protect your privacy, similar to the desktop version. In the case of the blacklist, however, neither the mobile application nor the mobile web version give access to the management of the blocked contacts list, so that the most you can do from these access methods is to add the messages to spam.
To do this, you just have to be guided by the process described below:
- Enter the application from Outlook on your mobile.
- In the inbox, select an email that was sent by the sender you want to mark as spam
- Click on the three dots icon located in the upper right corner.
- Select the option “Report spam.”
- Click on “Not wanted” in the pop-up tab.
- Decide if you want to send a phishing report to Microsoft. If not, select the option “No thanks”.
The message has been immediately moved to the spam folder and future messages that may come from this sender will be redirected to this folder automatically. Given the Outlook it has no methods to manage the unwanted list from a mobile device, it will be necessary to log in to a computer to be able to remove hills from the black list.
From the computer
Add an address to blacklist from the computer is a very simple method, since it only consists of a few steps and you can guarantee your privacy and tranquility when checking the inbox.
Create a blacklist on your computer, follow these steps:
- Enter Outlook and log in with your user credentials.
- click at gear icon located at the top.
- Choose the link “See all Outlook settings.”
- In the settings window, access the section of “Mail”.
- Choose the option “Unwanted email”.
- In the section “Domains and senders blocked” do click on “+ Add”.
- Enter email address what do you want to block and press the key Enter.
The mailing address will be added to the list of blocked senders, and will be unable to send you a message again. Following the previous procedure you can manage your blacklist, adding and removing email addresses as convenient for you.
Other actions to improve your privacy in Outlook
In addition to the blocked mailing list, Outlook provides you with a series of functions that you can use to optimize the privacy of your mailbox, and turn it into a safe and optimal virtual space for your work.
Go for it:
Create antispam filter
The best way to set up a filter to effectively block spam in Outlook, It is by creating a rule that filters the junk folder or deletes incoming messages of email addresses considered sources of spam.
To configure this rule, you just have to follow the steps described below:
- Once you are in the settings window, enter the section of “Mail”.
- Select the option “Rules”.
- Click on “Add new rule”.
- Give it a name to the rule you will create.
- In “Add a condition”, open the drop-down menu and select the option “From”.
- Enter the email addresses you want to filter to avoid receiving spam from them.
- In “Add an action” You must specify what will be done with the emails that come from the selected senders. The most common options for this purpose are “Remove” or “Mark as spam.”
- Click on “Keep”.
One of the best qualities of this function, is the fact that it is modifiable and you can remove or add addresses to the sender list at any time, so if at any time you want to change it, you can easily do it.
Block nuisance senders
The block unwanted senders is one of the most basic actions that can be performed on an email account to protect your integrity and privacy.
It is very easy to do from the computer and only consists of the following steps:
- From your Outlook inbox, select an email from the sender you want to block.
- On the top toolbar, click “Not wanted” to open its drop-down menu.
- Click on “To block”.
The email address will be prevented from sending you future messages, and you can delete the existing ones to delete any record of their activity in your mailbox, thus ensuring a more comfortable user experience.