All the music you want, whenever and wherever ras. This is the fundamental premise of Spotify , a powerful platform that collects all possible songs and builds a very large library to listen to them from your phone or your PC as long as you have an internet connection . A formula that has managed to penetrate countless devices and that has a large community of users who enjoy every day with all the themes inside.
Although, there are also those who prefer to listen to music without resorting to this proposal. The advertising that is embedded in the free version, the need to pay to be able to listen to offline music and the advantages, for some insufficient ones, given by the Spotify Premium payment plans are more than enough reasons to that there is a good sector of people who, like you, want to know how to delete a Spotify account .
And here you have just what you need. This guide explains everything you need to permanently close a Spotify account. If you want to unsubscribe from the PC, from your smartphone or even with your Facebook account , we explain everything you have to do to carry out the process quickly and easily.
Steps to close my Spotify account permanently
If what you want is remove the payment plan to return to the free , we also give you the guidelines you have to follow. The process can be quite simple if you know how to act and where to go, and we will make sure that in a matter of minutes you have finished unlinking, deleting or removing your subscription from the payment plan .
If you want to make the definitive closure of your Spotify account , you should know that you can do it on PC, mobile or even if your profile was created using a Facebook account . We explain everything you have to do in each case.
Delete my account from the PC
Do you want to delete your Spotify profile from the PC? The process to follow is quite simple:
- First, enter the Spotify homepage. Open your team’s web browser and enter the following URL in the corresponding bar: https://www.spotify.com/es/ .
- Now, go to the top right and click “Sign in” to enter your profile.
- In this section that appears on the screen, fill in the first space with your username or your account email; In the second, enter the password. After doing so, press the “Sign in” button.
- Descend now until you reach the bottom of the web. In it, you will have on the left the “About” option. Click on it.
- In the “Customer Service and Support Service” section , click on “ Contact form “.
- In this new section, you must click on the “Account” tab and then in the section “I want to permanently close my Spotify account”.
- In order to finish, you must click on “Close account” . Once you do, you will finish the profile removal process in Spotify.
Unsubscribe from your mobile (Android and iOS)
If you are a smartphone user, you can use the native app to unsubscribe , although you will be redirected to the website of this platform.
These are the steps to follow:
- Download the app on your phone through Google Play if it’s Android or the App Store if it’s iOS.
- When installed, open it from the store or from the applications menu of your terminal.
- On the initial screen, press the “Sign in” button.
- Enter your account email or username in the first space that appears and, in the second, the password to enter. Then, press “Sign in.”
- Now, press the gear icon that is on the top right.
- In the screen that appears next, you must go down until you reach the option of “Support” and click on it. The web browser will open.
- Go down and click on the “About” section at the end.
- Search for the phrase “ Form of contact ” and press it.
- Then, press “ Account ” and then on the option“ I want to permanently close my Spotify account †.
- To finish, press the “Close account” option and you will proceed to unsubscribe.
Delete my account created by Facebook
If you have an account created using Facebook , you must first unlink the social network and then proceed with the deletion as we explain now:
- On PC, open the desktop Spotify application .
- In the application window, go to the top right and click on the down arrow. Within the drop-down menu that appears, choose the “Preferences” option.
- Go to the “ Social ” section and, within it, look for the section “Disconnect from Facebook” . Click on it.
- When you do, you must have indicated beforehand an email to link to. From now on, the process to delete the profile is the same as in any of the two previous sections. You can go to the PC or smartphone to proceed as you prefer.
How to cancel my Spotify Premium account?
If you are one of the users that has a payment profile in what is known as Spotify Premium and you want to request the withdrawal to stop paying , you have a fairly easy method that you can carry out following these steps that we indicate:
1 – Enter your account
Open the web browser on your PC or on your smartphone and go to the address bar. You have to type in the following URL to enter your user profile: http://www.spotify.com/account .
When you are inside, in order to access the settings panel it will be necessary to perform the login as usual. Connect with your username or email, in addition to the access password or use the login with Facebook if you have linked the social network . When finished, press the “ Login ” button and you can continue with the next point.
2 – Cancel the Spotify Premium plan
Inside your panel as a user, look in the left column. You have to descend until you find a section with the name of “Subscription” . Once you hit him, press to move on.
Now go to the button that says “Change or cancel” and click to start canceling the Premium profile.
Then, you will have to click again, only this time in the option “ Cancel Premium “. Then, you will be asked if you are sure to move on, to which you will respond by clicking on the “Yes, cancel” section.
3 – Wait!
After completing the above steps, a message will appear indicating when you will return to the free Spotify plan . As of this moment, you cannot have the advantages of subscribing to Spotify Premium , nor do you have to pay the fee for belonging to that plan.
Another alternative way to achieve this is to contact the Spotify team through a form enabled on their website.