Video content is something that is on the crest of the wave . Users consume videos on a daily basis due to the comfort that it entails and the amount of interpretations and manifestations that they may have. From works focused on entertainment to others oriented to information or reflection, on the internet you can find tons of materials within this section.
And, of course, the platform par excellence for this is YouTube . This giant of the network, acquired by Google a year after birth, is the place where everyone goes daily to watch videos, share them, comment or, why not, also upload their own to contribute their grain of sand to a gigantic community and an even larger audience.
Having a YouTube channel is not strange. Either because wants to be youtuber or because you simply want to unleash creativity with a hobby, anyone can sign up to start posting videos on this platform. This openness has caused many to start trying their luck by uploading content, as well as many trying to find out shortly how to delete a YouTube account .
Steps to delete my YouTube channel permanently
If this is your case, it is because you have decided to stop publishing, because you have barely time to elaborate content, because you do not grow as much as you try or because it has stopped attracting your attention, here we are to help you. This step-by-step guide helps you to move forward and unsubscribe on this platform , thus erasing everything you’ve done during this time. Although you also have the opportunity to request a temporary closure to return forcefully later.
Whatever it is, we give you the tools so you can unsubscribe. The steps to permanently delete a YouTube channel are common on both PCs and smartphones. Although in the mobile terminals there are a couple of additional points, they share the same route and way of proceeding to request and get the profile off on this platform.
Here, we will explain both cases so that there are no doubts of any kind and the channels are eliminated without problems:
Delete from PC
To delete your YouTube channel permanently from the PC , you have to follow a series of steps that are not too complicated. Do what we dictate below and you can get it quickly:
- On your computer, open the web browser and enter the YouTube homepage with the following URL: https://www.youtube.com .
- Click on “Login” if you are not logged in. It is located on the top right.
- Now, start typing your email or phone address and click on “ Next ”.
- Then do the same with the password . Remember that you have to write capital letters if there are any for the password to be accepted.
- When you’ve already logged in, click on your profile picture . It is located where the login button was.
- Within the drop-down that will open, you should look for the “Settings” and click on it to move forward.
- Now, take a look at the menu on the left and see the last option of all, “Advanced settings” . Click there.
- Now go down in the central part until you see the “Delete channel” button and press it.
- You have to type the password again to verify your identity. Do it and click on notaNextre.
- Now choose the option you want from among those that appear. If necessary, we choose “I want to permanently delete my content” instead of “ I want to hide my channel “.
- When you click on that option, a submenu will open with information about what will be lost and permanently deleted, as well as what will remain. Check the appropriate boxes and click on “Delete my content”.
- Now, your channel has been deleted completely.
Unsubscribe from mobile (Android and iOS)
Although there is an app available for smartphones, to delete your channel you have to access through the browser , since YouTube does not allow this management from the application. This is what you have to do:
- Open your browser and type the following URL to enter YouTube: m.youtube.com
- Now, click on the three points above on the right and choose “Computer” in the menu that appears.
- When you change the appearance, go to the upper right corner to click on your photo Profile. In the drop-down, press the button with the gear next to “Creator Studio.”
- Now go down to click on “ Advanced Settings.”
- Then, press “Remove channel”.
- The rest of the process is the same as in the previous section. Thus, you will delete your YouTube channel from your smartphone .