Whatsapp is currently one of the most used applications by people around the world. It is a free instant messaging app that allows you to communicate with anyone through text, as well as share all kinds of files that can be images, videos, audio notes or even documents . A program born for social purposes that even becomes important in the workplace due to the facilities that it brings.
Its use is already more than usual and its popularity somewhat indisputable. However, problems may arise whereby a user needs to know how to delete the WhatsApp, unsubscribe their profile to close the application and stop using it or simply move to another phone number with the Than continue using it. The reasons are many, but the procedure is always the same, and here we will explain it step by step with the guide we bring.
Either because you need to put aside the constant communication caused by this application, because you have found another alternative that you consider better (for many, Telegram ) or for any other reason, here we are going to make it easier for you to unsubscribe and end WhatsApp and your user profile on this platform. In addition, we will also help you with other related aspects of interest.
Steps to cancel the WhatsApp account permanently
- Do you need to delete old conversations?
- Have you accidentally sent a message to the person you shouldn’t and don’t know what to do to remove it?
- Have you been robbed the phone and you need to delete your account urgently?
We offer answers to all these questions with ease so that it is also easy for you to proceed and remedy all these situations that revolve around Whatsapp and its use . In any case, you can solve it very quickly with the steps we take.
You can have many reasons why you want to cancel the “Wassap” account definitely that you have. If you want to do it, then we will give you all the steps you have to follow to get it and eliminate it completely so that nobody can use it or access it.
1 – Open the WhatsApp app on your phone
With your smartphone in hand, you must access the WhatsApp application in order to begin the account deletion process. All you have to do is find the app’s icon and click on it to access, or even enter your phone’s app store and search by name to find it.
Once you are in the messaging program, you must go to the upper right corner and click on the icon with three dots distributed vertically.
When you do, a small drop-down menu will open with several options available. You must choose the last of all, “Settings” , to access the whatsapp settings and settings panel on your smartphone.
3 – Access the option to close your account
Now, you have your profile picture in front of you on this platform and several different sections to access with just one click. You must press the first of all, “Account” , to access the submenu linked to your user account in Whatsapp.
The next step is one of the most important in the entire process. Of all the options you will now have in front of you, you must choose the last one, “Delete my account” by clicking on it.
4 – Confirm cancellation of your profile
You will have in front of you several details about what it means to unsubscribe from WhatsApp. Scroll down to a field where you must enter the phone number linked to your user. Write it down and then press “Delete my account”.
When you have done and confirmed, you will have deleted your account on this platform. All conversations and data will be deleted within a maximum period of 90 days.
How to delete a WhatsApp message sent by mistake?
It is quite common that, for any reason, a WhatsApp message is sent by mistake to an incorrect person or group. For a while now, the WhatsApp team has implemented a function with which it is possible to amend these errors by deleting. How? We will explain it to you below.
- Open the conversation where you sent the message or messages you didn’t want to send.
- When you have it in front of you, hold it down > and then, if there is more, select them all with just one click on them.
- With the selection made, just go to the top bar that appears on the screen and click the trash can icon . When you do, a new screen will open with several options.
- What you have in front of you now are the possibilities that are offered to you. You can choose between:
- “Delete for me”
- ” Delete for all ”
- Since what we want is to do a complete erase, choose the last option .
- Once this is done, the message has been cleared by accident and will be replaced by a small sign indicating that it has been deleted.
It is important to note that this function is somewhat temporary . If some time passes after the sending of the message (s), these cannot be deleted for both, just for you. Therefore, you must act quickly to avoid further problems or that it is simply impossible for you to erase completely.
How to delete WhatsApp conversations?
With the passage of time, conversations accumulate considerably in WhatsApp with tons of text, images, videos and audios, something that complicates both the navigation through the chats and worsens the performance of the terminal. To remedy it, we will explain how to delete WhatsApp conversations:
- Open the app from your smartphone by clicking on its icon or searching through the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Once inside, look inside the chat list and find the one you want to delete.
- When you find it, press and hold it until a tick appears marking it.
- If you want to delete a group conversation or at least leave it, you must proceed as explained in the three first points and then click on the options button at the top right . In the drop-down menu, choose “ Leave group ”.
- Then, keep it pressed again and you will see that the trash can appears above. Click on it and confirm to close it completely .
< li> Now, look at the top of the screen and you will see a trash can icon . Click on it and confirm that it is deleted.
Within this option you also have the possibility of deleting multimedia files from your phone that were published in that conversation. To do this, just check the box and click on “ Delete ” or, otherwise, leave it unchecked.
My phone has been stolen How to block or deactivate my WhatsApp account?
Cases of theft of smartphones are more frequent than they seem, and also much more serious due to the amount of personal information we accumulate in them. In the case of WhatsApp, one of the first issues that users whose terminals have been stolen have is how to block or deactivate their account .
In this section we will explain the steps to follow to request the cancellation of the profile quickly and conveniently. You have to follow these steps that we indicate:
- First, unsubscribe the SIM card to avoid charges for unauthorized calls.
- Once this is done, you need a computer or other smartphone for send an email to WhatsApp support.
- When you have it, open the email application and write one to the following recipient: [email protected] . To proceed correctly, you must indicate the following in the subject section: “Stolen / lost phone: please deactivate my account”.
- Now, in the body of the message , you only have to write the complete telephone number without spaces, including the country code to which it corresponds. In the case of being Spanish, it must be preceded by the prefix “+34” , without quotes.
When you have done this, you will receive a response in less than a week to indicate that the profile has been deactivated and who has stolen the phone will not be able to access your account to use Whatsapp instead and impersonate your identity.