The websites they usually save cookies and other data while you scroll through them, from any web browser. This data, in general, stores important personal information about you, such as your name, email address and even the preferences you have provided when entering.
Well, in the case of Safari, the web browser par excellence of MacOS and iOS users, the same thing happens. However, although this information can help websites to provide you with their services more quickly, the truth is that it is advisable to delete the “cookies” and also delete the browsing history, both in Safari and in any browser used.
But, you will wonder how you can eliminate all the trace that you leave on the Internet and thus prevent them from knowing things about you or where you browse, for which we have made this post. Next, we indicate the importance of regularly clearing cookies from Safari and also the steps to do to do this on both a Mac computer and an iPhone.
Why is it important to regularly delete cookies from the browser on your Apple device?
As we have indicated previously, it is valuable to remove the “cookies” from the Safari browser, both on a Mac as well as on the iPhone. Even when these can serve the websites to access more quickly at a later time and provide you with a better experience when browsing the net.
But, to take into account the true importance of it, it is necessary know the main latent reasons in this regard and then, we detail each one:
- In terms Of privacy, deleting cookies can help a lot. Since, in this way, no web page can handle your personal data in its own way and thus, you will keep it protected. This, despite the fact that Apple stands out for its defense of the privacy of each user.
- You may prevent the installation of spyware programs or applications on your computer or Apple mobile. Since, by not deleting cookies, these types of programs easily obtain key information for advertising on the Internet and in this way, they will keep sending you annoying personalized and even dangerous advertisements.
- Many times it is necessary to delete these cookies to be able to correctly access websites. That is, if you do not clean it, it is likely that a page I can’t show you recent information.
- In the event that the images of a certain web page or any type of content of this type do not charge correctly or do it very slowly, it is also good to delete cookies from Safari.
- In order to Safari browser works much better, it is recommended to always retype user names, passwords and so on on the websites you visit. This basically means regularly deleting cookies.
Steps to delete cookies from your Safari browser from MacOS
Now, it is crucial to know what are the steps to follow in order to erase the “biscuits” when you use the Safari browser from your MacOS computer. So, taking into account that it is a very simple and fast procedure, we proceed to detail you every step to take:
To begin, open the browser through the application icon that is characterized by showing a blue compass. Thus, once you are inside said app, you have to access the option “Safari” by clicking on it that is located in the upper left part of the screen of your Mac computer. As you will see, it is in the first position.
Click on “Preferences”
Once you click on the option “Safari“, A new drop-down menu will be displayed and there, you have to access the selection”preferences”, Which is located in third position.
Go to the “Privacy” tab
Upon completing the step detailed above, you will be redirected to a new window on your Mac computer and at this point, you have to enter the option “Privacy”. It should be noted that you can find this tab to the right of the “preferences”.
Now you must click on “Manage Website Data …”
From this option that basically means “Manage website data …”, Is how you can delete all the information hosted on the network that the same browser has gathered. Therefore, you must click on it and in this way, they will show you a small window that contains all the information about it, where you must click on “Remove All“Or”Delete all”. What will generate an ad to accept the action with just clicking on “Remove Now“Or”Delete now”.
Finally, clear the Safari cache on MacOS
With the aim of achieving completely get rid of the cookies that are struggling to delete, we recommend you clear the cache of this browser. Above all, if you notice that cookies continue to appear after deleting those that were already stored on your computer. Highlighting that, this action can delete all information contained in Safari, minus bookmarks and general settings.
The process you must follow to do it is as follows: Enter Safari> Open “preferences”> Click on“Advanced”> Check the option“Show developer menu in menu bar”> Press on the Developer menu> Select“Clear cache information” and ready.
On the other hand, when the “biscuits” Safari on the Mac, it is also recommended delete the browsing history that is stored there.
For which, you simply have to complete the following steps:
- Access the Safari application from your computer and enter the option “Record”.
- Subsequently, click on “Delete history”To bring up a drop-down menu.
- Finally, choose up to when you want to delete said browsing history and that’s it.
Once you carry out this procedure, you will be deleting data like: History of visited websites, recent searches, list of advances and retreats on open web pages, website icons, frequently visited sites, websites that have asked you to send notifications and / or use your location, etc.
How to delete cookies from your Safari browser from your iPhone?
When it comes to eliminating “biscuits” from the Safari browser from an iPhone or even an iPad or iPod Touch; The procedure to be executed is much easier than in the case of computers with MacOS. In this sense, to proceed to erase all this personal information from your device, perform the following steps:
Enter the “Settings” or “Settings” menu of the mobile
Once you are in this menu, you will have to click on the option “Safari”Which shows a blue compass icon.
Click on “Clear history and website data”
When accessing all the options that Safari shows from the iPhone Settings, you will see a useful section of “Privacy & Security”Where you can activate or deactivate various options to your liking, depending on your requirements to protect all personal information.
But well, at the end of these selections, you will see that there is an option that indicates “Clear history and website data”. Which, you must press to erase cookies and also the history or all the browsing data that are stored in Safari. Taking into account that, the autofill information will remain intact.
To keep the history and only delete the “cookies”
The process to follow in this case is a little different from the previous one. This, for those who want to save their browsing history, but delete “cookies” for privacy and security reasons.
For which, you have to follow the following:
- Go to Settings on the iPhone.
- Accede to “Safari”And click on the option“Advanced”.
- Later, choose “Website data”.
- Finally, click on “Delete all data”.
It is also possible to block cookies, in short
Although cookies are necessary for many websites to offer optimal and fast operation, the truth is that there is the possibility of enabling or disabling the blocking of these pieces of information in Safari with your iPhone. Taking into account that, in some cases, the activation could prevent you from logging in to a certain page or that some functions are not executed correctly.
But well, if what you want is to activate the “cookies” block above any condition, here we detail what you should do:
- Access the Settings menu on the device.
- Click on the option “Safari”.
- Now, simply activate the option “Block all cookies”So that the switch is green. That’s it.