Despite the fact that, at present, the version of Microsoft Windows most used worldwide is W10, the truth is there are still many people who prefer to use Windows 8 on their PCs. Since it is an operating system that stands out for its great efficiency regardless of the hardware performance and also guarantees high compatibility with external devices.
In addition to this, W8 provides great security for users, since it contains an optimal antimalware that protects most of their activities. Even, this SO is distinguished by its high level of customization and therefore, users have the power to project their experience as they wish. Reason why, there is still a lot of demand around the download of this SO.
However, many people do not know how to proceed in such cases, to make sure you do it legally. That is why, in this post, we will focus on explaining the two mechanisms that exist to download W8 and install it on a PC. In addition, we will let you know when that operating system weighs.
How much does Windows 8 weigh and what Internet speed is recommended to download it fast?
Released in the year 2012, W8 emerged as a new version of Microsoft Windows compatible with personal computers, laptops, tablets, netbooks, servers and multimedia center and thanks to its advantages, it became one of the most anticipated versions of this famous operating system. So, today, continues to be in demand based on its number of downloads.
However, before download and install a certain operating system in any equipment, it is relevant that the user checks certain benefits in order that the OS can work correctly and without errors. Reason why it is considered important to know How much does Windows 8 weigh, what are its minimum requirements and what is the recommended Internet speed to be able to download it quickly.
In this sense, we highlight that Windows 8 has a total weight of 5.90 GB and, in addition to this, it requires the following features of a PC, as a minimum:
- RAM: 1 GB (for 32 bit) and 2 GB (for 64 bit).
- Hard disk space: 16 GB (for 32 bit) and 20 GB (for 64 bit).
- Processor: Processor 1 GHz or faster than, especially, has compatibility with PAE, SSE2 and NX.
- Graphic card: Graphics device Microsoft DirectX 9 with controller WDDM.
On the other hand, as for the speed of the Internet ideal to download Windows 8 with total efficiency, we specify that approximately is 3 Mbps with respect to download speed and of 1 Mbps around upload speed. Now, to check what is the Internet speed with which you have on your computer to download W8, we recommend you perform the following test created and designed by Internet Step by Step:
Step by Step Internet Speed Test
Learn step by step how to download Windows 8 to install it on your computer
As we indicated previously, There are two totally legal ways to download Windows 8 on your PC without any complication. Therefore, in the present section of the post, we will explain each of them so that, in this way, you can choose the method with which you prefer to download this operating system.
Let's see below:
On a CD
While it is true, the main (and most classic) way to legally install an operating system on a computer, is based on making use of a CD. Which, generally, it is a dvd disc and to carry out the process in question, a disc burner must be installed on the computer.
Thus, proceed to execute the following steps:
- First of all, you have to make a copy or clone the existing installation disc, i.e. the original.
- Then directly from the network, you should Download an ISO file for Windows 8 and burn it to a DVD that will be the one with which the system will be installed. This, by right-clicking on it and selecting the option "Burn Disc Image" within the available menu.
- Once you do the above, it will be enough with run the ISO file and follow the required instructions to complete the process and install the operating system in question.
On a USB
On the other hand, there is also the possibility of install W8 on a PC to via a USB device and given its usefulness in recent years, most users prefer to use this method to carry out this process.
In this case, the steps to follow consist of:
- Mainly, create an ISO image using the W8 DVD and download the Windows USB / DVD download tool through the official site of Microsoft to perform its installation. Which will format your flash drive and will copy the files from w8 installation within the team.
- Once this is done, start the download tool USB / DVD Windows and click "Browse" for there, locate and open the ISO file of the operating system.
- After that, click "Next" and select "USB Device" on the screen. To then click "Select media".
- Now proceed to insert the USB device to use and select the desired external hard drive or flash drive to copy the OS installation files. So, click "Start copying".
- Then it's time to click on "Erase USB device", if you see a pop-up window indicating the lack of available space. But if that notice doesn't appear, you can continue the process without doing this step.
- Then creating a device USB bootable, make sure the download tool USB / DVD Windows prepare the device and copy all Windows 8 installation files there.
- In this point, the formatting process will begin and according to the device's own capacity USB Employee, this may take a while. As usual, between 20 and 30 minutes.
- Once the above is specified, the next screen should say "Bootable USB device created successfully" or something similar and in this way, you can close the download tool window Windows USB / DVD.
- Finally, take care of boot from USB device that you just created and so you can start the W8 installation process. To make it concrete, simply continue the procedure following the corresponding steps and you're done.