Usually, nowadays, whenever people need to get any type of information, they turn to the Internet and using their preferred web browser , visit the pages that they can possibly give them the right information.
However, in most cases, these websites contain additional information and because of that, the search process becomes more tedious and also much slower . Therefore, users may have a question regarding the possibility that exists to place a specific word on a web page and in that way, find what they are looking for faster and easier.
For this reason, we have decided to let you know all the procedures to follow to achieve this type of search. Facilitating in this way, the main methods you must perform , depending on the computer you use (Windows or Mac) and also based on the most common web browsers used worldwide >.
Steps to search and find a word within a sentence website for Windows and Mac
Before specifying yourself in detail, the steps you must perform in each web browser to be able to search and get a specific word or phrase within an information contained in a website; It is necessary to indicate what you can do on your Windows or Mac computer, by means of shortcuts on an open page .
Next, the procedure to follow to achieve it through this trick:
- On Windows computers: “ Ctrl + F “.
- In a Mac: “ Command + F ”.
With Google Chrome
Now, let’s take into account the steps that must be followed to perform the above procedure, but in specific web browsers . Since, although these are similar processes, they are equally distinguished from each other.
In the case of Google Chrome, what you have to run is the following:
- To start, search through Google Chrome, the web page you want to visit and in which, you want to find a specific word or phrase. Fortunately, the process works for all cases, whether simple or even large and complex websites.
- Then, proceed to type at the beginning of the search bar, which we indicate below: “ site: site address.com ”. For example, “ site: internetpasoapaso.com “. Since, this tells the service that you should only search the pages contained in such a site.
- Once the above is done, enter the full word or phrase you wish to locate , just after the site address. Just keep in mind that, if it is a phrase, you must place it in double quotes for more exactness in the search . On the contrary, a single word must not contain such signs. And now, press the “Enter” button.
- Finally, you have to open one of the pages that Google shows you in the search results and then, you must rely on the option “ Search ” in the settings menu, so that the platform marks the text that matches .
To make use of the “ Search ” option in Google Chrome, you just have to carry out the procedure described above, either using the shortcuts or through the menu from the web search .
Using Mozilla Firefox
The procedure to be executed in Firefox, fortunately, is very simple and its steps are:
- Access the search engine and proceed to locate the web page where you want to inquire about a specific word or phrase.
- When you are already within the website, go to the top right and click on the menu button that identifies with the three vertical bars.
- Now, in the menu that opens, select the option “ Search this page ” or if you prefer, you can use the keyboard shortcuts indicated in a startup for Windows or Mac.
- After that, they will show you a search field at the bottom of the screen and in that place, you have to type the word or phrase you want to find. Thus, in a matter of seconds, Mozilla Firefox will proceed to highlight matches, automatically .
It is valuable to note that, as in the previous cases, you can jump to each match on the page with the arrows “ Next ” and “ Previous ”. In addition to, use the “ X ” to close the search bar whenever you want.
For your part, you have other useful options during the process and refer to:
- “ Highlight everything “, which allows you to immediately highlight all the terms that match the search you indicated at the time. To deactivate this function, click again on “Highlight all” and voila .
- “ Complete words ”, which is an option that Only highlight whole words that match your search.
- “ Case matching “, which is used to search differently between uppercase and lowercase. Thus, the service will only locate the phrase as it is and as you entered it.
- If Mozilla Firefox does not get any results according to your search, it will simply issue the following message: “ The phrase was not found ”.
Using Microsoft Edge
In case you choose to do your searches on the network through the famous Microsoft Edge browser , there is also a simple and effective solution for you when you want to search for one or several words in any website.
For this, the process that you must carry out is the one that we detail below:
- Start by entering Microsoft Edge through your computer and there, enter the website that contains the information you want to find out from a specific word or phrase.
- Then, when accessing this web page, go to the upper right of the window and click on the menu. That is, in the icon that contains three dots horizontally.
- Now, select the option “ Search the page “, which is located in the drop-down menu.
- With this, you can see a search bar at the top of the screen and there, you have to proceed to type the word or phrase to search.
As with the other tricks, you can also scroll between each match using the arrows of “ Previous ” and “ Next ”. In short, you have other options to refine your search, which are:
- “ Full words only “: Works only to locate specific words.
- “ Match case “: This is for find results that are totally the same as the phrase or word you write, taking into account the upper and lower case letters.
In the Opera browser
As there are also many users of the Opera browser today, it is appropriate to detail the procedure to follow in order to search and find a word or a combination of words on any website.
Thus, the step-by-step indicated below is the one you must execute for this:
- First of all, enter the Opera platform and proceed to find the information you want on the website of your choice to access it .
- When you are already inside the indicated website, go to the upper left of the window and click on the icon of this browser to access the menu. Which, is identified with a letter “ O ” in red.
- With this, a drop-down menu with several options will open and to complete this process, you have to choose the section “ Search … ” or use the combination of keys recommended at startup for Windows or Mac.
- After that, they will show you a search bar at the top of the web page and in that place, you have to enter the word or phrase to search .
- Finally, you can use the arrows of “ Previous ”and“ Next ”, in order to scroll through the entire page to jump in each match located by the web browser .