The photographs have become one of the most important parts for all human beings, since through them we can capture unique moments to be able to appreciate them on other occasions and thus share them with family and friends.
However, on many occasions it will have happened to you that you have taken a photo with your camera or mobile phone and it has been blurred or out of focus and you have not noticed. This can become a real problem if there is no other photo with which to replace that bad photo.
That a photo may be blurred or out of focus may depend on several factors, either because the camera has moved too soon , sun exposure, the light , among others. Despite this, there are some ways to improve and fix this type of photographs.
Improve and pass your steps for free and correct your steps and methods to correct your steps photography professional
If you have taken a picture and it has come out blurred or out of focus this will no longer be a problem, as there are currently different methods that we can use to fix them. There are many ways to edit a photo to improve its appearance.
Keep in mind that there are many factors that can cause a photo to go wrong, whether the movement of the camera, people, solar radiation, among many other factors that can reach affect the sharpness of the image . In this way, here we show you some ways to fix these photographs like a professional.
Using applications for Android and iOS
If you are one of the users who are constantly using their Android mobile phone or iPhone to take pictures, then you can start download the Movavi app, it will help you fix through filters and touch-ups all those photos that have been blurred or out of focus for some reason. The results that will be achieved with this tool are really good, so it is worth using.
To do this follow these steps:
- To start you will have to download Movavi either from the App Store or Play Store on your mobile phone.
- Once downloaded on your mobile you will have to enter on the main screen you select the option of declaredPhoto†.
- There you will be shown all the photo albums available on your Smartphone, just look for the image you want to fix.
- Now at the bottom of your screen you will see a series of options with which you can start image editing.
- There you can use the different filters offered by the program to fix the image, you can also use the focus, brightness or contrast options in order to improve the image. photography.
- When the image is already completely fixed, the following will be to press on the top right of your screen in the option of saveSave.
Another way to improve and retouch a blurred image is by using the Photoshop photo editing program , it is one of the most popular editing programs on the market, This is because with it you can get really professional results thanks to its excellent tools and functions . In order to edit an image from Photoshop you will need to perform the following steps:
It is important to mention that in order to carry out this process it will be necessary to apply the “Octave Sharpening” technique, this consists mainly of creating different layers with different focus parameters , which will be combined to obtain a better image result.
- The first thing will be to open the image file in Photoshop.
- Once the image has been opened you will have to create 4 additional layers , for this you can use the Photoshop key combination by pressing once “Ctrl + J”. This way you can apply different parameters to each of the layers.
- Now the background layer will be the only one we will leave intact, that is, no adjustment or parameters will be applied.
- Layers 1, 2, 3 and 4 will apply the brightness blending mode . To do this we select these layers by pressing the Ctrl key, so that they are all selected. There we change the blending mode from “Normal” to “Brightness” to the four layers.
- The following will be to select the “Layer 1” and the opacity of it is left at 100% and finally a filter of “Focus mask”. To do this, you will have to access the “Filters” menu and in the “Focus” section select “Focus mask”.
- In the “Focus mask” box we select in 100% amount and in the radius 0.5 , and finally we click on permittedOK†.
- Now this process must be repeated in layers 2, 3 and 4, but changing some parameters.
- In the case of the layer 2, the opacity of the layer will be 50% and a amount of 500% and a will be applied in the focus mask settings radius of 1.
- In layer 3, the opacity will be 25%, while the focus mask settings a 500% amount and a radius of 2 will be applied.
- Finally, in layer 4, the opacity will be 15% and in the focus mask settings a amount of 500% and a radius of 4.
Once you have finished applying the adjustments to all layers you will begin to appreciate the changes and an improvement of the overall approach of the image . However, the hardness can be adjusted from a single control.
- In this case we select the 4 layers with the help of the CTRL key and once selected we press the key combination “ CTRL + G ”to group them into a single set.
- Now we select the group and reduce the opacity to reduce the hardness of the focus and the image becomes more natural.
- Once this parameter has been adjusted you can adjust See the difference from the original photo. This way you can start retouching those blurry images you have taken with your camera or Smartphone.
With an online photo editing tool like Pixlr
We can also start edit and improve photos with the help of online photo editors, in this case we are going to present the Pixlr editor, with which you can start making changes in your Blurred or unfocused images and get really good and professional results. It is worth mentioning that this is one of the best online publishers and which is characterized by being very simple of driving.
To carry out this, simply perform the following steps:
- The first thing will be to enter the official site of Pixlr.com from your preferred browser.
- Once you are on the site we select the option of “Photo Editor – Pixlr X”.
- Now a new window will open where we click on “Open image”, there will open Windows Explorer where we look for the image we want to fix.
- Then you will see a new window where you will work next to the image you want to improve.
- Now we select the option of “Filter” located in the top menu and there we click on the clearlyEnfoqueleigh.
- Keep in mind that Pixlr’s approaches are very smooth , therefore, if you don’t notice any difference you just have to perform the previous step as many times as necessary.
- When you have found the approach you are looking for for your image, the following will be “Save” and “Download the image”. To do this click on “File” and then in the “Save” option. There will open a new window where you will have to select the location where you want to store the file on your computer.
With a program like Gimp
Other alternatives that we can find to start improve and fix unfocused photos is GIMP , a program of photo editing that has tools very helpful and professional . Therefore, being able to fix this type of images will no longer be a problem, so here we show you how to do this through the method of “Blur mask” in GIMP.es .
- The first thing will be enter the image editing program and open the photo you want to fix.
- Then select the “Blur mask” option located in the “Filters” menu. If you are using the version of GIMP 2.0, this is in the following path: “Filters” -> “Improvement” -> “Focus”.
- Now you will see a panel with some default settings. You can adjust them to improve the sharpness of the image you want to edit.
- The following will be testing different settings until sharpen the image, keep in mind that photo editing is an art, therefore, it will be necessary to experiment until you get the best results.
Another way to be able to do all this within the GIMP image editing program is by using « High Pass Filter», To do this we do the following:
- To start, you will need to duplicate the layer , to do this, right click on the layer and select the option of “Duplicate layer” in the drop-down menu .
- Now we select the “Filter” option located at the top of the screen. Then we select the “Improve” section and finally “High Pass Filter”.
- The next thing will be to adjust the settings until you can see the edges you want to modify or sharpen. Once this is done, click on “Accept” to apply the changes.
- Then we change the blending mode of the layer to “Overlay” in the drop-down menu.
- Once all this is done, the image retouching will be finished , so you can see an improvement in your blurry or blurred image.