Although installing a program is a bit of a simple task, not all users know the necessary requirements to make a correct download and not affect the computer or private security.
Agree with this, you will need to know perfectly the important points when adding software to your Windows computer. This will allow you not to overload the work of the RAM nor the processor.
In the following paragraphs we will show you how you should install a program safely. We will talk about the steps you should take when you perform an installation by different methods. Let's start!
What to consider before installing a program in Windows?
When you have to install a program in Windows you should consider the following recommendations:
- Compatibility: You should be aware that not all the software you can download is compatible with Windows. This is because some are designed for other operating systems, such as MacOS or Linux and do not work on a computer with Microsoft OS. The same happens with those applications intended for mobile phones.
- Technical requirements: When you already know that the program you want to install is compatible with Windows, you will have to know what are the necessary resources that this software needs for it to work perfectly. That is, the capacity of RAM, hard disk and processor. If you have a slightly outdated computer, you could have problems with new programs.
- Malware: This definition refers to the set of malicious software. For example, viruses, spyware, worms, adware and many others. If you have to install a program, you must be careful that it is not one of these malicious files (even if its name indicates otherwise). Therefore, you must download an antivirus and analyze it.
- Payment licenses: As you know, not all programs are free and require a single or monthly payment that you must make. In some cases there are free tests for you to see the functions of the software, but before you must enter all the data of your credit card.
- Be careful in the installation process: many programs are in English or in a language other than Spanish. Therefore, you should be careful when you click on the option "Following" of the installer. This will prevent you from downloading other default programs that you do not want and from taking up resources that are necessary for something else.
- Options position: Another issue to be careful about is where the buttons are when you are in the installation process. By this we mean that there are some programs that show the option "Following" last, but in some window another option appears in this place and will make you execute another function, when in fact the button "Following" it was somewhere else.
- Antivirus: When you have to install an antivirus, they generally recommend that you change your usual browser settings and install other options. As we already talked about the default programs in the previous point, we will tell you that you must be careful not to modify the configuration that you have established before installation.
Steps to install a program on your Windows PC easy and fast
There are different ways to install a program on your Windows computer. Next, we will show you the process you must follow in each option.
With installation disc
The steps you will need to do when you have an installation disc are the following:
- Insert the disc in the reading unit.
- Usually it will run automatically. If not, you will have a menu in which you must choose the installation mode.
- Click on the alternative that suits you best. It is recommended to install only the program and leave aside the default software until you check how the tool you want to install works.
- Once you have finished, you will have to click on the option to start the program so that you can open it without any problem.
In case you want to install in the other options that come, you will have to repeat the same steps and choose all the additional programs that you had not chosen at the beginning.
From a network
To install a program from a network you must follow these steps:
- Enter the network through your username and password.
- Go to the right side of the taskbar and click on the network link. Which will be represented by three joined computers.
- This step will depend on the permissions of the network administrator, but if you can see the device in which the program is located, you will have to choose it.
- Generally, you will need to re-enter your password and username to access the executable.
- Select file e start the download process.
- When I ask you where do you want to install it, you must choose on your computer.
Another way you have is to create a shortcut for the program to run on the client computer. To do this, you have to know that the file that contains the executable must have the options checked "Share this folder on the network" and "Allow network users to change my files".
Then you must connect to the network and run the shortcut by clicking on it.
In case you want to install a program through the Internet you must follow this step by step:
- If you don't know where you can download the software from, you will have to Google it.
- Enter the web and click "To download" or in Download.
- It may happen that the program is automatically downloaded to your computer. Otherwise, you will have to download an installer that will help you with your task.
- You will see a Windows window open asking you where you want to download the file. When you choose the route, you must click on "To accept".
- Go to the installer you just downloaded and open it.
- Follow the installation instructions. In general, it will ask you where you want to install it, if you need to create an icon on the desktop and if you want to change any default settings.
When this installation process is finished, it will run automatically, or you will have to restart the computer so you can open the program.