Given the large number of users using PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3 and even the laptop, PS Vita) , their managers, the Japanese giant Sony , decided that The best way to bring all these people together in a friendly and digital environment full of possibilities was to establish an account system. In this way, the popular PlayStation Network platform was born, better known among the community for its abbreviation, PSN .
This is a system that allows you to connect to the internet through any of these video consoles , but that also brings with it a series of additional functions impossible for those without a profile. Thanks to him, for example, you can enter the PlayStation digital store to download games or even movies, as well as access platforms such as Netflix , or chat with other players, or play with them through the internet or endless other possibilities that are available to everyone who registers.
Possibilities that, obviously, in addition to needing a previous user creation process, require that you log in every time you want to access (unless you save the login to do so only once) . This is the point that we are going to detail here, and we are going to explain how to log in to PSN (Sony Playstation Network) through all possible means. If you do not know how to enter from your PS4 console, your PS3 or even from your mobile , we explain everything step by step here.
Steps to log in to my free PSN account
In this guide we make clear all the processes to perform when logging into this system, as well as we help you in case you forget the password to access . Forgetting keys, that usual problem, is something that you can easily solve if you take a look at the guidelines we leave you.
To sign in to your free PSN account , in addition to being able to do so on the two main consoles of the company in recent years (PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4) , you also have the opportunity to do it through the PlayStation App that is available for mobile phones. Whatever path you want to follow, these are the steps for each of them.
Enter from PS4
- With the console on and the image on the screen, go to the “Settings” section.
- Inside it, you have to look for the option ” Sign in ”. To do this, first enter “ Account Management ”, you will find it in this section.
- A small form will appear on your TV that will ask you Two data to login. Type your PSN ID first, which can be the email or your user nickname, and also the password . Remember to respect uppercase and lowercase if there are any and, when you finish, click on “ Confirm ”.
- You have already entered your PSN account from the PS4 console! .
Log in from PS3
- Turn on your PlayStation 3 and, once it loads its main menu (XMB), go to “ Users ”.
- Inside it, you have to look for the “Local user” option and enter it.
- Now, go to the “PlayStation Network” section and press on it to continue.
- Within this, you will have the option to login (“ Login “). When you press to enter through it, you will have to type in the two fields that appear your user nickname or your account email and, of course, the password you have in PSN.
- When you have done so, you will already be in your profile from PS3 !.
Access with the PlayStation APP (Android and iOS)
- The first step is to have the application . If not, you must download it in the App Store if you use iOS or in Google Play Store if you are on Android. Search within it “ PlayStation App ” and download the first program that appears, which is the official one.
- Once the application is installed, open it through the icon that you will have newcomer on your mobile.
- When you open the app, several aspects of use will be explained to you. Accept, confirm and continue until you reach the login point.
- It is time to write the login ID , which can be your mail or username, and the password in the field below. Check the “ I’m not a robot ” box and, when you’ve filled in everything, press “ Login ”.
- The login is already done! . You can now control your user profile from your smartphone thanks to this PlayStation app.
How do I log in to PSN with two-step verification? span>
Two-step verification is the best way to prevent phishing in PlayStation Network accounts . This system, in addition to requesting the normal login data, adds one more point to the whole procedure that requires the use of a smartphone for the reception and copy of a security code.
Therefore, when you want to log in to PSN with this 2-step verification , proceed as we have explained in any of the previous sections. But, when writing your access data, another step will be added to you. A security code will be sent via SMS to your smartphone that you will have to copy and write in the login section where you are. And you’re done! .
I forgot my password How to recover my PSN account password?
To recover your PSN account password you have to follow these steps on both PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3:
- Go to the login section as we explained in the login section via PS4 (“ Settings ”, hence “ Account management ”and, finally,“ Login ”).
- Now, in this section, press the triangle button on your remote and another menu will appear. Write your user email in PSN and then click on “ Next ”.
- You will receive an email from Sony team with a link to reset the password . Look for the message (if you do not see it, look in spam or unwanted) and open the link inside it.
- You are now likely to be asked for extra information to confirm your identity (answer security questions or a password on your smartphone), fulfill what is requested and move forward.
- Now, just create your new access password remembering to respect the requirements . You already have a new password and you can log in again.
- Continue as if you were going to log in normally (“ PlayStation Network ” on your console and then “ Log in > ”).
- In the login menu, press the “ Forgot your password? ”Option.
- Then, you have to Enter your user ID (mail) and your date of birth. Fill in both fields and press “ Confirm ”.
- Look at your email inbox , you will have a Sony email with a link inside . You have to open it to redirect to the password change portal.
- Answer security questions or write the code that arrives on your smartphone (depending on what you indicated at the time ).
- Now, you can now enter your new login password in PSN . When you do, you will have regained access from PS3.