On your platform, Outlook offers a comprehensive communication service, where not only sending and receiving emails is its main feature, also has other items that are very attractive, and that they bring many benefits.
Such is the case of Phone calls, an option that should be exploited more frequently, since it allows instant communication, either with loved ones, for conferences or attending work meetings.
In the following article, you will be clear what are the benefits of making calls with Outlook, we will teach you to do it through Skype, as well as the extension enabled to use this interesting tool that the platform offers.
What are the benefits of making calls with Outlook?
Make a call It is always one of the first options you have when communicating with someone, and you want the communication to be of quality, where it can be heard and they can hear you clearly. Thus, Outlook as a communication serviceBrings this tool from which you can get a lot of use, especially if the conversation is instantaneous.
The benefits of making calls using Outlook are as follows:
- Lets have a communication without any interruptions.
- Use other highly regarded platforms such as Skype, from where you can talk to one or more people.
- You don’t need a high-end device to be able to make a call.
- Has great quality in terms of image and sound.
- You can do it from where you are.
Learn how to make a phone call with Outlook
As a starting point, you should know that to execute a call from Outlook successfully you need the necessary implements so that it can be carried out. Microphone and headphones are the main tools in which you must rely to achieve this end.
Now, there are two ways to make a call from this platform, both easy procedures to carry out, and that will provide you with all the necessary aspects for a clearly fluid communication:
Skype is one of the best communication platforms that exist today, it is attached to the Outlook account, so you automatically have this service for chat and to make calls at the time you want.
You do not need any special configuration if you want to make a call, just have the person in your contact list and voila, the rest of the procedure is quite simple and is done in this way:
- Access your Outlook account with your password and username respective.
- In the inbox, locate the icon Skype, which is in the upper right and click.
- The contacts menu, where you should select the person you want to call.
- In the chat window, press the icon of the “telephoneWhich is at the top.
- Another pop-up window will appear indicating that the call has started to run.
- Once the contact has answered your request, it will initiate the call from Outlook using the platform Skype
With Rainbow extension
Rainbow is an Outlook extension that allows calls from this platform, it works directly from the desktop version, and you must have this option activated to execute the procedure. It is commonly used for business accounts, the audio quality that this extension offers is optimal, it also has various options that greatly enhance the use of Outlook facilitating many tasks.
To make a call from Outlook with the Rainbow extension, you must perform the following steps:
- To start, select an email or select the Contact to which you want to make the call.
- In the upper right corner, go to the option “Phone call”And click there.
- The pop-up window or chat window will appear, go to the bottom and press the phone symbol or key “To call” and in this way you will be executing the call in this way.