The possibility of make donations through Facebook Fan Page and profiles started in the United States, where more than 70% of the adult population reviews this social network and more than half of young people connect through this platform. The US was an experiment for the idea to spread to countries like India, Australia and Canada.
Currently, It is not impossible to meet Facebook’s requirements to start receiving donations, but There are a few conditions to meet before going live to fundraise.
You do this through a “Donate” button that you will learn to activate in this article and that it is the only mechanism for donations to be made effectively and under the terms of Facebook.
What should you keep in mind when fundraising for your Facebook Live broadcasts?
The first thing you need to know is that this is an option to which Facebook pays attention to it and there is no way around the strict channels that the platform uses To make the process as transparent as possible, they are even governed by Network For Good guidelines, the ally you will have in donating by US legal statutes.
In each country, the donation process is different, but all are governed by an institute and NGO that will be in charge of receiving the money and take it to its destination. Once you meet all the legal requirements, you can start making publications and live videos in which you can activate the “Donate” button with some parameters that you will learn about in this article.
What are the requirements that you must meet to be able to raise funds in your Facebook Live videos?
If you consider that your organization complies with the figure of a non-profit organization, then you must start taking the steps so that Facebook recognizes you as such:
Register as an NGO
Facebook asks for prior registration in which you must fill out a base form, there You must put information about your NGO and what you want to receive funds for via donations. All fields must be completely filled in for the review and contact to take place.
The time varies between two and three weeks if all the legal data is verified correctly by Facebook. This colossus has several allies with whom you can receive the funds once you can request them. You no longer need to have a verified Fan Page to do this step.
At the moment, donations can only be carried out with NGOs in 15 countriesincluding Australia, Canada and the United Kingdom. And although the list is very short, thousands of people benefit from this donation process every day.
Payment waiting time
The lapses that Facebook handles, as well as Network for Good and PayPal Giving Fund, they vary between 45 days and 90 days after the fundraiser is over, so it is a slow process, but safe. The NGO that receives the funds must arm itself with patience and perseverance, it will not be in their hands to speed up payment times.
Verify that you are an NGO
In the case of the United States, it is required to be a 501 (c) (3) organization, exempt from all payment of income tax and be registered in a known network of non-profit organizations. For India, the organization must be registered in GiveIndia and have all the paperwork in order at the time of requesting the funds. For the rest of the 15 allowed countries, they also need to be supported by a network of organizations that is recognized in that territory and recognized in the US.
Learn step by step how to ask for donations in your Facebook Live direct to a foundation or charity
When you have all the documents and requirements that Facebook requires, then you can proceed to request a fundraiser without delays in this process:
- Complete the registration in the Facebook section to “Fundraising”.
- Fill in each field of information requested Facebook.
- Check that each field has the state “Completed”.
- You must complete the fields when they say “Earring”.
- “Update account registration” when you must send current documentation, which is not expired.
- Make sure that the contact information is correctly written.
- Choose “Submit Review” when you think you have completed all the fields.
- If you have doubts, contact Facebook support.
Before trying to add the Facebook donate button, you must first enable this option when doing a flawless record and having a positive response from the reviewers of this social network.
Find out how to create a donation button on your Facebook Live streams to raise funds
Now what accounts with the endorsement of Facebook to receive funds for donations, It is time to learn how to create the button that will help you receive the funds.
Let’s see below the steps for this:
From the mobile device it’s more easy access this option.
Remember that you must be an administrator of the Fan Page that will serve as a collector:
- Opens the native app of Facebook.
- Select the menu option which has the three-bar button, on the upper right hand side.
- Choose the option “Fundraising”.
- Now go to the section “My activity”.
- Finally, select the button “Raise money” which will be enabled when you register.
This process is the same for both iPhones and iPads, so there will be no limitations if you do it on one or the other device:
- Locate the option “Live” at the beginning of the Fan Page.
- In the lower area of the screen, you will see the option “Raise money”.
- Choose the NGO that you represent and that you want to receive funds through donations.
- Choose “Start live video”.
On PC and MacOS
It should be clarified that only Fan Pages can do this process, so that Facebook prevents funds from being raised for personal purposes.
From your computer follow these steps:
- Login to Facebook and go to “Live Producer”, the platform that controls live broadcasts.
- In the left area, where the menu is, you must select “Raise money”.
- Now select the NGO that you represent, remember that you should have already done the initial registration.
- If you don’t see the menu, You may not have the approval of Facebook or the option is deactivated.
- Look for the symbol “+” in the upper left and verify that the box “Donations” this enabled.
- Select option “To transmit”.
As you do the process on the Facebook website, It is indistinct if you transmit from any of these operating systems desktop.