At this time, LinkedIn is cataloged as one of the most famous and powerful social networks in the world, given its great expansion in recent years. This growth is due to the fact that it has been the only platform capable of bringing together the tools of a common social network with the needs presented by the work environment, in digital terms.
Thus, it refers to a platform that is aimed at professional profiles, especially. In this way, it aims to allow all its users acquire and establish new business opportunities, as well as obtaining knowledge of your work environment through colleagues or other professionals. Whereas, this labor social network offers the necessary utilities to find employees, customers, suppliers and partners.
Therefore, LinkedIn provides a private messages feature With which it is simpler and more effective, keep in contact with other users in order to achieve the objectives set at the work level. But, to take advantage of the advantages of this functionality, it is important to know how to manage your private messages and, therefore, in this post We will teach you how to do it in the easiest way.
Why is it important to keep your message box organized on LinkedIn?
While it is true, the messages in LinkedIn are considered as a primary tool for being able to execute an optimal, direct and effective communication strategy with all your contacts from the professional social network. Like, with the rest of users to achieve establish future quality work connections and thus, expand personal networking or your business. However, despite its remarkable relevance, many people are unaware of the great value this feature provides.
Therefore, they don’t focus on keeping their message box organized on the professional platform. But, for different reasons, it is considered that it is absolutely essential to keep your message box tidy on LinkedIn. Since, first of all, this will allow you be aware of what is happening around the connections you are seeking to establish. Otherwise, it will be filled with irrelevant messages that take up unnecessary space and, therefore, they will obscure the messages of interest.
On top of that, if you focus on keeping your message box clean and organized on LinkedIn, you will be able to obtain great productivity when managing your messages on the platform. Since, if you continually eliminate all those unnecessary writings that you have received, you will not have to deal with them in future occasions when they are already accumulated.
Learn step by step how to manage a LinkedIn message
Now, the fact of managing a message on LinkedIn, does not refer only to deleting it from the platform’s message tray. Since this process also consists of send messages correctly and review them by accessing them.
As a consequence, in order for you to manage your inbox successfully, here we will explain how to carry out each procedure:
To start managing your LinkedIn private conversations tray, of course, you must start with enter the section indicated for it. That way, you can access each message to review it.
So, in this case, the step by step that you have to carry out is based on:
- Through your computer, use any web browser to open the official LinkedIn page and access your account using the relevant credentials.
- If you prefer to do it through a mobile device or tablet, download the app from the social network e login to your account with your credentials.
- Once you are in your account feed LinkedIn, if you use the desktop version, Go to the top bar and click on the “Messages” section. In case you use the mobile version, tap the message icon in the upper right corner.
- Finally, you will find a list that contains all the messages you have received in LinkedIn and from there, you can access each of them.
In order to clear your conversation tray from LinkedIn and with it, keep your organization; surely you want to delete several messages that are not of your interest and take up unnecessary space.
Therefore, here we show you the process to follow to delete the messages, correctly, when managing them:
- Initially, press the Messages icon which is located at the top of the home page of your account, in order to enter that section.
- Next, in the list of chats that are on the left side, select the message you want to delete.
- When you are in the conversation in question, click the More icon which is at the top right of the conversation thread (that is, the three horizontal dots).
- Now, among the available options, it is time to click on “Delete conversation”.
- Finally, to confirm the action, just subtract click on “Yes, delete”. That’s it.
On the other hand, it should be noted that you can also delete a LinkedIn conversation through the platform’s chat window located at the bottom of the home page.
If you prefer to do it this way, the steps to follow correspond to:
- From the lower right corner of the home page, proceed to open the social network conversations window.
- Next, go to the top bar of this section and press the icon of Plus A containing the three horizontal points. There, select “Manage conversations”.
- Next, a box will appear at the beginning of each message, which you must mark to delete it. Once you activate this box, press the Delete icon.
- Finally, click on “Yes, delete” and in this way, the message in question will be deleted.
Send a message
Now to send a private message by LinkedIn and start your business strategy through this functionality, you have four different alternatives to carry it out. Since, the social network allows you to share messages to your contacts from the messages page, through the contacts page, from the conservation windows or through the user’s profile page.
Next, we explain one by one in detail:
Through the messages page
- Login to your account LinkedIn and click on the “Messages” section at the top of the feed.
- Next, in the left side area, select the “Compose” icon.
- Once this is done, they will show you a blank box from where you have to create your new private message.
- There in the field that says “Write one or more names …”, you must enter the name of the recipients (you can add up to 50 users).
- In the field that indicates “Write a message”, proceed to write it and, in addition, you can add images, attachments, GIFs, and emojis.
- Finally, you just have to press the “Send” button.
From your contacts page
- From the home page of your account LinkedIn, head to the top bar and click on the “My network” icon.
- Later, in the Manage my network section, select the option that indicates “Contacts”.
- Now, proceed to locate the user of the social network to which you want to send a private message (using their email, for example) and once you find it, click on “Message” next to its name.
- Then it’s time to compose draft message in available text box.
- When you finish creating your new message, finally, click on “Send”.
Using the chat windows
- Login to your account of LinkedIn and on the home page, locate the conversation windows that are in the lower right corner, to proceed to open the box.
- Then, in the upper bar of said box, you will find the icon corresponding to Compose message to press it.
- After doing the above, specifically next to the section in question, they will show you a small chat window from where you can include the recipients you want and start creating your message.
- Once you enter all the required information, simply click on “Submit” in the bottom.
Through the contact’s profile page
- Through your account LinkedIn, find the contact you want to start a conversation with and go to your profile page.
- After that, click on the “Send message” button which is next to your profile picture.
- Then start write your message and add all the elements you want in it.
- In conclusion, click on “Send” to be able to contact the user in question.
It should be noted that this alternative is only available to people who make use of the premium version of LinkedIn.