Is social network It is mainly oriented for all those users who are in Looking for a job or for those companies that need to hire staff. This is how their strong are labor communications between professionals from different areas, where it offers a variety of tools that will help you throughout this process.
When you register on this website you must enter one email address as a requirement thereofusually a personal account. However, on many occasions users have additional email accounts, either from your company or business so it is very convenient to be able to add them.
Fortunately, LinkedIn allows all of its members to have a primary and secondary email address so they can log in. This also gives you a kind of backup when access the social network In case of forget some of the addresses. According to all this, here we are going to show you how you can modify or add a new email to your accountFor this, follow in detail everything that we will teach you below.
Why do I need to add a new email to my LinkedIn account?
Be able to count on two email addresses without a doubt it provides you certain benefits in your social networkespecially since it allows you to improve the chances of connect with other community members. In most cases users add your personal and work emailalthough you can also add two personal and two business emails. All of this provides various benefits which are very important to obtain.
That is why here we are going to show you the main reasons why you should add a new email to your LinkedIn account:
- The most important thing is that at the time of having two emails to access the platform you will guarantee access to it. Since this will help you prevent you from being accidentally blocked and you get to lose access to your primary email address. This means that if for any reason you no longer have access to that email addressthen you can request a account restoration via a link that will be sent to the second confirmed email address in the account. This way you will avoid losing the account.
- It provides you with a channel for important communicationsThey can be particularly useful for those situations that may be dangerous and fraudulent.
- In the event of any inconvenience with the main email address, then the system can take the additional address as your primary address, so all notifications will be sent there.
- Let you can identify additional contacts with which you can start interacting on the social network. All this will allow you connect with colleagues in a much simpler way, as well as getting other members of the community to connect with you without so many problems.
Learn step by step how to modify or add a new email to your LinkedIn
Knowing all the benefits that can be obtained at the time of add a new address to your account, here we will explain step by step how you can add a secondary email and how you can easily modify it.
To do this, follow each of the methods that we are going to teach you below:
Add second email
If you want add a new email address to your account in order to have a second alternative when accessing your LinkedIn social networkSo here we are going to teach you each one of the steps you must follow to add it.
To do this, follow these instructions:
- In the top right of your screen you will find the option "Me" which you are going to select. So that you can easily recognize it, this option is the same as has your profile picture, in the case of not have a profile picture then the silhouette of a person will appear.
- Now in the drop-down menu that appears there you must click on "Settings and privacy".
- The next thing to do is click on the "Bill" and then select "Email addresses".
- Here you must click "Add address", The next thing will be to write the new email address in the corresponding field and click on "Send verification".
- You will see a box where you must enter the LinkedIn password to verify your identity and so can continue with the procedure.
- Once this is verified, you should open your email address what have you added and confirm verification that you have been sent there from the platform.
- When you have confirmed it again you will be sent to the page main on LinkedIn, this way you will be adding a new email address to your profile.
Once added the new email address to your account, you can too change the email you have added and make it the primary one, either leaving the previous email as secondary or just removing it and sticking with the new email you have added.
To do this you must follow each of these steps:
- Taking into account the entire procedure mentioned above, we must locate ourselves at the point of "Add another email account ”or“ add address ”.
- The next thing will be to select the email you want to change and there you will find two options "Make main" or "Remove" select the one you want to complete the process.