LinkedIn For some years it has become one of the most successful professional social networks that exist. This is because there are a good number of people doing business and generating leads. that help improve personal brand.
But few know how they should work or what criteria they should take into account when post and share comments on LinkedIn.
If you want to know how it is done, you can find it in the following paragraphs. We will explain the different types of publications and we will also tell you the steps you must take for each class.
What to consider before posting on LinkedIn?
As LinkedIn is a social network in which there are professionals who are related to your work activities, it is necessary that you bear in mind that the forms in which the publication is carried out must be taken care of.That is, you should not make spelling or grammatical mistakes in the writing, nor create an atmosphere of hatred for racist opinions or outside of professional ethics.
At the same time, You should know that each time you publish it directly affects your personal brand. So the perception that your audience has will not be the same after you upload a story to your feed.
What are all the types of posts that can be shared on LinkedIn?
When make a post on LinkedIn You can use some of these methods that will help you improve the brand of your business.
Pay attention to the following classification so that you get the most benefits:
- Upload URL of your website. If you have a Blog, its convenient that You upload the updates you make on LinkedIn. In this way you will generate confidence in the audience and you can also improve traffic on your website thus increasing the image of your brand.
- Tutorials are another type of post you can make on LinkedIn.. With this you can inform the community secrets or tricks that can be used in a topic related to your profession. In this way you will have a great help to generate empathy with your audience and demonstrate authority over the domain of some topics.
- Photographs and videos is another type of publication that you can share on LinkedIn. It will be necessary for you to keep in mind that you must draw attention in a positive way, so you will have to share events in which you have participated or have been held somewhere and that they are useful in helping the community to progress professionally.
- Third-party publications related to research or significant market news It is also a publishing option that you can upload. It is important to show your network that you are constantly updating, so it is well seen that Generes helps your colleagues by offering information of this type that have recently come out in the industry.
- You can also upload original written publications to highlight a special occasion. In some situations, it is convenient to quote ideas and comment on them. You will have to choose if you want different options, which we will mention in the next section.
- If you need to find a professional, this platform is ideal. LinkedIn It will allow you to search for people who may occupy a job in your company. For this, you will have to complete the profile you need them to meet and then post it.
- In case you need to create a survey, with LinkedIn you can do it in a few steps. This platform will allow you to know different aspects of your audience through a survey that you can easily upload.
Learn step by step how to post on LinkedIn
We will explain below the steps you must do to make a publication for each class:
Add a photo
When you need to publish a photograph you will have to open the app of LinkedIn and then click on the option To post. Then click on the tool Add a photo, which will direct you to the folder of images that you have saved on your computer or mobile. When you have finished this step, you can add a sticker or write a text. For this you will have to choose the options that are in the upper right part of the screen.
Once you have finished, you will have to click on the blue arrow to see how the publication will look. If you want to change something, you can choose the tool Edit and make the modifications. What you would need to finish is choose who can see the publication. That is, if you can see any member, only contacts or members of some group. You can also choose if you want them to comment on that publication. To finish you will have to click on To post.
Record a video
LinkedIn allows you to upload a video directly from the platform. For this you will have to click on the option To post and then in Record a video. Then the camera will be activated on your device so you can start recording.
You must take into account that the content cannot be less than 3 seconds and when you have finished you can add a sticker and a text. Once you have the video ready, you will have to click on the white arrow with blue background and choose the text you want to accompany the content or if you want to add a hashtag. Click on To post to finish the task.
Celebrate a special occasion
As with the previous topics, you must click on Postr to upload content to give the welcome a member to the work team or recognize the merits from a partner. You can also do this task to mention the launch of a project, celebrate the anniversary of work O well share any job updates.
To carry out this publication you will have to go to the tool Celebrate a special occasion and then click on any of the different reasons you have available. Once you have chosen a preset design or upload an image you will have to click on Following. In the next step you will see how the publication will look. You'll to see the inclusion of a hashtag which refers to the reason you have chosen. To finish, you will have to choose the audience to which you want to send your publication and click on To post.
Add a document
If you want to add a file to your publication, you will have to click on To post and then in the option Add a document. This will allow you to choose a title (must not contain more than 58 characters) and the source of the file. For this you will have to click on the option Choose a file and then click Following. Next, you will be able to write a few words or add a hashtag and choose the people who can see the publication. Click on To post to upload content.
Find an expert
In LinkedIn You will be able to find people who will help you to change your job or to fill a position in your company. For this, you will have to click on To post and then choose the option Find an expert. Then you're going to have to click Ask your network so that a screen is displayed in which you must select a job category and then the location.
At this stage, you can write that you are looking for recommendations, or need to change jobs, in a text that cannot exceed 750 characters. When you have finished, you will have to click on Following to see how the publication that you are one step away from sharing would look like. If you see that you have everything you need, you will have to click on To post.
Create a survey
To consult a particular situation in your network of contacts, you can spread a survey. You must click on To post and then click on the option Create a survey.
Right now you are going to have to write your question and choose different options that the respondents have to respond. Then you must choose the duration of the survey, which can be from day up to two weeks. When you have finished you will have to click on Ready and choose the audience you want to interact with.