Since many years, Microsoft PowerPoint became the benchmark program for making slide-based presentations. Since, it provides a visual effectiveness of any presentation and thanks to it, it allows its users grab the attention of your audience for a set time to achieve your goals.
In this way, it serves as an ideal tool for writing texts and format through images, animations and music, in order to obtain high quality results. As if that were not enough, this software stands out for its remarkable flexibility, versatility and customization. Taking into account that, it offers predesigned templates and multiple utilities.
As a consequence, thanks to its level of customization and its numerous resources, it is classified as an ideal solution for create presentations professionally. Valuing that those who use this program will be able to add and remove a slide to their liking, to achieve the best possible result. For this, we proceed to explain how you can easily and correctly delete a slide in PowerPoint.
What should we keep in mind when deleting a slide in PowerPoint?
At a general level, the presentations of Powerpoint are files that are displayed in full screen through various panels known as "slides". So, the latter are the ones that make up a certain document of said software and, basically, they allow to organize the information as the user prefers.
As a consequence, the present program of Microsoft Office provides the necessary options to be able insert, duplicate, rearrange and even delete any slide within a certain presentation. This, with the aim of providing the greatest possible customization to optimize the result obtained.
Thanks to this, if a person makes a mistake on a specific slide or wants to adjust the number of panels to present to improve the file of PowerPoint, you can delete any without limitation. Whereas, luckily, the software allows you to delete a single slide and, apart from that, it also offers the possibility of delete multiple slides at the same time to speed up the procedure, just like a slide show.
Learn step by step how to remove a slide from a PowerPoint presentation
As we mentioned in the previous part, Microsoft PowerPoint is a program that supports remarkable customization and for that reason, it offers the possibility of eliminating the number of slides you need. Thus, it is possible delete a single slide, like delete multiple slides or a sequence of them, in a simple way.
Therefore, it is worth knowing what are the steps to follow to delete the slide you want, whenever you need it. Either to make a correction, optimize the information displayed or delete inappropriate content, for example.
Next, we explain what you have to do:
To delete a single slide
- If what you need is suppress a single slide in your presentation, you'll need to start with find said panel.
- Once you get it, right click on it, specifically in the thumbnail panel located in the left section of the software.
- To conclude, among the available options that are observed in the menu, click on "Delete slide" and ready.
To delete multiple slides simultaneously
- In the document of Powerpoint to edit, proceed to press the "Ctrl" key and hold it down for several seconds, while selecting all the slides you want to delete at the same time.
- Once you choose these panels, you must release the key that you have held down (that is to say, Ctrl).
- Then, right-click on the selection made and then, you must click on "Delete slide" within the menu available there.
To delete a slideshow
- In case you have created a slideshow in your archive and you prefer to delete them, for whatever reason, you have to start by holding down the "Shift" key.
- Now, while you have that key pressed, selects the first and last slides of the sequence, directly from the thumbnail panel on the left side.
- After that, press the right click on the mouse and within the menu that appears, click on the option that says "Delete slide".