When our mobile device is slow, we suspect it has a virus, it is hung on the logo and does not enter at the beginning, or it restarts regularly for no apparent reason, it is recommended that you do a hard reset , and return it to factory settings, this guarantees that you solve any operating problems, due to installed applications or viruses that may be affecting the correct functioning of the device.
Contrary to what is believed, resetting the factory settings of our smartphone, resetting or formatting it is not so complicated , just follow in detail step-by-step instructions, to ensure the correct application of the different restart processes that we can opt for.
In this turorial we will explain the different processes that you can apply to your Motorola mobile, to make a reset and return it to the factory settings . You must follow the steps to the letter and always keep in mind the following recommendations to avoid annoying losses and damages.
Steps to restart and restore your Motorola phone and return to factory settings
There are several methods and several options, to restore our Motorola mobile to factory settings , then we will explain step by step the safest and most efficient, which you can also perform from the comfort of your home , if you apply these steps as we explain it to you right away.
Recommendations before performing a Hard Reset to our mobile device
It is very important that the cell phone has with more than 50% battery , or is connected to the charger, as well as making a backup or backup of our data as contacts , multimedia content and application data.
We can also move the important data from the internal memory of the device, to the removable memory and thus protect them from being eliminated by the restoration processes of the devices.
Restore Motorola to factory settings from the settings
- With the smartphone on the home screen, press the Menu Button .
- We scroll to “ Settings” or “Settings” , and enter there.
- Scroll down until you find the option « Backup and Reset» .
- We select « Reset Factory Data» .
- Next we select « Reset Phone» .
- The device will start with the process, which may take more or less time, depending on the amount of data we have stored in it.
Make a hard reset to a Motorola mobile from mode recovery
This option is used when the device is locked , or when we fail to solve the problem, applying the above method, it is a bit more complex and we must be careful to do it well, so as not to generate severe damage to the software of our device.
- With the mobile phone switched off, we simultaneously press the combination of Power and Volume Down buttons for a few seconds, until we see an options menu on the screen.
- We scroll down this menu with the Volume Down roof and select the option Recovery Mode with the Power key. li>
- We will see on the screen the logo of Android or that of Motorola with an exclamation point, we proceed to simultaneously press the button of On and Volume Up until a menu of options appears on the screen, among which we can read Wipe Data / Factory Reset .
- We go down to the Wipe Data / Factory Reset option with the Volume Down key, and select it with the Power key of the device. >
- We will ask for confirmation in which we must choose the YES-delete all user data option with the Volume Down button and select it with the Turning on the phone.
- The Wiping process will begin and when it finishes it will return to the previous menu, in which we must move to the Reboot System Now option with the up and Volume Down , and select it with the Power button on the Smartphone.
- Start the process which can take a few minutes, once finished, the phone turns on in a normal way and will be ready to configure it as if it had just left the factory.
Access Recovery mode in Motorola from an application
There are several applications available to perform a Hard Reset to our device , they are usually used when we are missing a button on the Smartphone, or it is difficult to enter Recovery mode by applying the combination of buttons from the previous method .
Next we will explain step by step, how to restore our mobile phone from the Quick Reboot application which is one of the most complete and reliable:
- Download and install the application from the Play Store, you can also do it from the links above.
- Access the application from your mobile device.
- We will find at the beginning of the application several options among which is « Recovery» .
- Select the option Recovery and We hope that the application will apply the process, once the mobile is restarted, you will be ready to start configuring it again.
Applying any of these options or all, you can solve any problem of operation that your Motorola mobile presents , and restore it to its factory state. Always remember to make a backup of your most important data and ensure that the device does not run out of battery during the process, to avoid damage and loss of important data.