The Xbox One, is one of the video consoles that is breaking the characteristics of normal consoles, since can respond to voice commands and can be integrated into your TV. Using it is very easy and practical because can be turned on just by saying Xbox One, with the device it brings built in . Not satisfied with that you can perform and visualize several things at once; With this you can see applications in a margin of the screen and you can even watch TV without any problem.
All this works if you program your unit and activate voice recognition so you can go wherever you want, be it games, tools, surf the internet, listen to music, cable programming, among other things, just indicating what you want to do It’s something out of the ordinary but it always happens that you want to reset the console operating system to factory settings , to solve any problems that arise or for any other reason.
This is why in this guide you can find the solution to that problem that you have with your Xbox One. Only by resetting the system to its initial setting will you be ready to use it again and get the most out of it. Next we will indicate several methods so you know how to do it and thus be able to solve your problem.
Steps to restart the Xbox One console and return to factory settings
If you want to restart your game console, either to solve a technical problem of the equipment, or because you want to sell or give it away and you need to restore its configuration, in this part we will show you how to make the Xbox One Restart through a hard reset in a very simple way.
If you want to keep your games and applications, this allows you to do it. However, you have to keep in mind that when you restart, all files will be lost, including associated accounts, saved games, settings and associations, that are not saved in the Xbox Live cloud . These steps that we show you serve you on the original Xbox One and in Xbox One X .
From the control panel or dashboard
We explain below how to reset your Xbox One from the dashboard. If for greater reasons you cannot see the screen, nor access the configuration menu, these procedures will not work for you. But calmly we will help you if that is your case later. Here we will focus on explaining how to reset your Xbox One from the console.
- Press the «Xbox One» button to open the manual.
- Go to the system menu and select accounted for clearly.
- You are going to select where it says representedSpecially system.
- Then you will look for the option “Console information and updates”.
- Upon entering you will see what «Reset Console» indicates.
On the screen you will see three alternatives where you must select one of them:
Keep in mind that this way you leave the games and applications, all personal data will be deleted from the system. So the most advisable thing before doing this, is check if your Xbox is synchronized with Xbox Live, but you will have to force yourself to manually export your settings. If you want to save some of your data, once you have decided how to restart your Xbox console, it will proceed to delete the content, which It may only take a few minutes.
Using a USB Flash drive
As we indicated earlier, if you want to make your Xbox One console reset, but in this case you cannot access the configuration from it, this process will help you to do it in an accessible way for you. To do this you need a USB drive that has a minimum capacity of 4GB so that it can serve you, in addition to having a computer available for debugging. The only thing is that with this method only saves what is synchronized with Xbox Live.
Mainly you need the USB flash drive to be completely empty and as mentioned above it has a large capacity. Although it should be noted that not all of them store files larger than those indicated (4GB), so it is convenient to format the USB memory and pass it to the Windows NTFS system, which theoretically handles very large volumes.
You can do this through the Windows file explorer, from some versions of Microsoft such as:
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
After performing the process, you must proceed to the following:
- You must download a reset file to your device and pass it to your USB stick. The link address is as follows: xbox.com/xboxone/restorefactorydefaults
- You can download it directly by clicking click here .
- Later, you will extract the file called “$ Systemupdate” and copy it to the directory of your USB memory. Once the document is there you should make sure that it is the only thing you have. This to avoid future problems.
- Then you must go to your Xbox console and turn it off. You will also have to remove the power and network cables. Wait approximately 30 seconds for you to certify that you are completely at rest.
- Next, connect the power cable and the USB device > on the corresponding port.
- Consecutive, you must press and hold the button combination: Link and Eject (Run) from your console for a period of 10 to 15 seconds. Then you have to press the Xbox button, until you hear two power sounds in interleaved lapses. The first beep is to indicate that the console recognized the USB device and the second is to indicate that the data was already transferred to it.
- It is very important that you hear the tone twice power on your game unit. If this does not happen after 15 seconds, or the default tone sounds, will signal that the reset process has not worked . So you will have to perform all the steps again, otherwise you must go with a technician.
To know exactly what buttons you have to press from your console, we leave you a small visual scheme:
If you heard the two power sounds, the process worked completely for you. So you should start the restart on the screen and you can configure it as if it were a new game console.