Restoring a mobile phone can be a good option to avoid slow operation, to clean it if you want to sell or give away or in this case to protect it against viruses. But, it should be taken into account that at the time of resetting a device all its applications will be removed from the system . As well as contacts, photos, videos or any other information that contains the same.
A good formatting can make the mobile start working with all its functions in a correct way. Usually, when resetting, is because the screen has become frozen, black or completely white. It can also be done when the system is placed very slowly, among many other reasons.
Taking into account all of the above and knowing this as an alternative to solve any problem with your Smartphone we will show you what are the steps to follow so that you can return to the factory settings of your LG , in a correct, fast and safe way. However, before doing this it is recommended that you save all necessary data through a backup.
Steps to restart your LG device and return to factory settings
Restart or reset to initial values is a complex very similar to formatting computers. This will remove all the information from the internal storage of the device, so it will remain as newly purchased from the agency.
This practice is recommended to use from time to time, since a reset of the terminal’s initial configuration will allow you to function as new. Before carrying out this, it is preferable to remove the SD card for security reasons .
To know how to restore an LG you must follow the following steps and methods that we put at your disposal:
- From your LG mobile phone you must access the «Settings» part of the system, this can be done from the notification bar or the menu.
- After you have entered “ Settings” you should look for the “ General ” section, there you must click on “ Backup and Restore “, then select the option of “ Automatic Restoration ” or in this case “ Factory restoration “.
- Once you have reached this point they will open to you new controls to continue the process in a correct way. Here you will see the option of « Restart the Phone «, this will cause you to start doing a hard reset . This will take a little time to wait.
- After a few minutes the device will automatically turn on and the factory settings will be restored, so that a completely new LG can be obtained operationally .
Unfortunately, sometimes this method does not work correctly , especially when the mobile is brickened or disabled due to a problem in the software. For this type of case there are other methods.
Restore from boot
This is another formatting method for your LG, it is especially used when the device is with a password which does not allow you to access or use the menu.
To be able to carry out this process you just have to follow the following steps:
- The first step to carry out this is to turn off the device, once this is done the battery must be removed from the mobile, then a button combination must be pressed down common that in this case are indispensable to carry out this method.
- The buttons used are the volume key (-) and the power button . Both must be pressed simultaneously until the team logo is activated.
- Once the LG logo has appeared on the device screen , the button must be released and then quickly press again until the menu comes out.
- After you have entered the menu you must use the volume (-) and (+) buttons to scroll through it, while the on / off buttons to access the different options that appear there.
- In the options menu you must choose « Yes» , for this you must press the power button.
- The system will send you a confinement notice in order to continue with the process which you must accept.
- The option will appear of « Factory restore «, you will select it by pressing the power key and the installation process will begin immediately.
- When you start the installation of your mobile the same will be restarted which will take a few minutes .
- The mobile is switched on again you just have to reconfigure it , You will do this by logging into your Google account , just enter the data requested and you can start enjoying your smartphone again.
From the computer
Another possible method to format your smartphone is with the help of your computer. To do this simply you must follow the following steps:
- To start this process you must connect your Smartphone with your computer, this will be done through the USB cable , now your computer has recognized it, you can start with the reset of your LG.
- Then you must access your phone’s menu and go to the part of « Settings » and then the development options.
- Completed this process, the next step is activate the USB Debugging option from the device.
- Then, from the computer with Windows should look for the option “ Run “, write cmd and finally click on accept.
- Once these first steps have been completed, the command console will appear on the computer screen. There you must write Adb Shell and finally enter it.
- A window will appear again, this is where you must type “ wipe data “, click on accept and then write “ reboot system ” and accept.
- After having done all this correctly, your phone will start to restart, this may take a few minutes. Keep in mind that if it takes a while it is normal, you should not worry about it .
- Once it has been turned on again, all the data, applications and information that had been deleted In it, you only have to start configuring it through the Google account and all other data requested by the system.
These three methods will help you achieve fast and secure formatting for your device . However, if the operating system persists we recommend you to update the entire operating system, keep in mind that sometimes it is preferable to change it for an improved or lighter one.