Today, Facebook is considered one of the most widely expanded social networks worldwide. Although it started as a platform to connect university students and facilitate contact between them, is now practically a virtual white page where you can locate anyone .
Therefore, any user with an account on this social site has a long list of contacts, including family members, old friends, new friends, work acquaintances, etc. However, Facebook is also used to find new and old friends .
Therefore, being such a populated social network, it facilitates the search of anyone regardless of their location. But, many users do not know how to throw this search, in some cases, since can be found with many similar coincidences , so here we show you several tricks to simplify the search for people in Facebook .
Steps to search and find new and old friends on Facebook
Thanks to the fact that Facebook has its own integrated search engine, users generally choose to start their inquiry from the search bar. Therefore, can be considered a relatively easy process .
However, the truth is that once you write the name and surname of the person you are looking for specifically, you can find many coincidences and, at that point, the search can take a little more difficulty . Which is because the vast majority of people in the world, manage an active account in this social network and of course, there are many people with the same names and surnames, even if you don’t believe it.
Indeed, it is advisable to use other methods to search and find friends , regardless of whether they are old or new. Best of all, these methods are also simple to execute, and then we present them with each of your steps to follow :
From other friend accounts
Although you require the help of another person to carry out the search, it is a very effective alternative to find as many new as old friends in the social network.
To do this, you simply have to do the following:
- First of all, ask one of your friends to lend you their credentials from the Facebook account and enter it from any browser . It is necessary that, be a person with whom you have friends in common in real life and well, share both old and new friends.
- Later, access your profile and go to the section “ Friends . ” Which, is located at the bottom of the cover photo.
- Finally, stay in the section that says “ All friends ” and in the search engine that contains there the page, you can enter the name of the person you want to find, specifically or you can also search among the entire list of friends , users who are also your partners.
Although the latter is considered a long process, is ideal for finding a good amount of friendships and even, even those of which you didn’t even remember.
Apply friend search filters
This is a method that you must use from your Facebook account and allows you to perform a search a little more detailed than in the previous case . Since, from this alternative, you should not only stay with the suggestions of friendship that, automatically, the social network shows you continuously.
The steps to follow for this are as follows:
- To start, go to your Facebook profile and look for the “ Friends ” section, as in the previous recommendation.
- After this, you will see that at the top there is a button that is identified as “ + Search friends ”, which you must click to start the search for this type.
- Having done the above, they will redirect you to a new window where they show you the friend requests you have , in case you have received. Like, some friendship suggestions from people you might know. This is generated from the things they have in common, whether a good amount of friends in common, the places where you have worked, where you live, where you studied or studied, etc.
- In addition to the above, in the “ Search for friends ” section you have a handy and simple form that allows you to refine your search . So you can indicate the name of the person, his hometown, his current city, if they have friends in common, the institute or university where he studies or studied, the company where he works, etc.
Thanks to this form, the search process can be faster and easier , since it gives you much more accurate results.
Find by email
To perform this type of search, there are two ways. The first one and perhaps, the one you find on several websites, is through the section “ Friends ” through an option identified as “ Add personal contacts ”, but it is possible that this does not appear to some users and, therefore, the search process is complicated.
On the other hand, the option we will indicate here is the other way to get new or old friends using your email address . You should keep in mind that, this will be satisfactory, only, if the email address you enter, is the one that the person has registered in the social network to open their account. Otherwise, FB will not show you matches that you are looking for, really.
So, the steps to follow are these:
- Login to your Facebook account and click on the search bar, that is, in the text field that says “ Search ” in the Start section or, at the top of the “ Recent News ”.
- Subsequently, write there the email address of the user you want to search . It is necessary that you enter it completely and without any error, since FB does not have the ability to search for parts of email addresses and does not show you similar results, if you write this wrong.
- Once enter this, click on “ See all results for … ” at the bottom of the small drop-down menu. So that, from this, the system looks for the profiles that match this email address on Facebook .
- Finally, if not You make no mistake when entering the email and this belongs to the user you are looking for, the person’s account will appear in the results list and when accessing their profile, you can click on “ Add friend ”if you want to have it on your friends list and chat with this person.
By related groups
With the large number of groups created in this social network, it is now very easy to locate anyone through these groups. Therefore, if you do not find the user when using the above tricks, you can use this alternative, with which you must verify that they are Facebook groups that they may have in common , only, so that be simpler.
These groups can be from the school, university or institute where both studied, also from the company in which they worked or even, commercial groups that belong to the city where the two reside.
To do this, perform the following step by step:
- Go to the “ Groups ” section located in the “ Explore ” section in the vertical bar on the left hand side of the recent news feed in the Start part of your Facebook account.
- Later, you will be redirected to a new window where you can see all the groups to which you belong . In addition to, different categories and suggestions for you that can help you find a friend.
- Finally, enter the groups in common with the person in question and in the part of “ Members ”you can use the“ Search for a member ”bar and enter the person’s name or snoop through the entire list of people who belong to this group.
By city or location
Another way to perform a simple search on this social network to locate an old or new friend, is through the location . Taking into account that, from this section, Facebook allows you to select a specific city or locality to find more specific results and through this, you will surely get whoever you want.
That way, the step by step to follow is the one we indicate, below:
- At the start of your Facebook account , go to the search bar at the top and proceed to enter the partial or full name of the user you want to find .
- Then, click on “ See all results for… ”, which will show you all the possible matches found in the FB database.
- Now, you can click on the “ People ” section at the top in the third position of all options. However, to have more options, it is recommended that you stay in the “ All ” section that is in the first place.
- Now, you can see that, on the left, there are an upright section called “ Filter results ”, which you will use to locate one person per city.
- In that section, scroll down to the option that says “ Location tagged ”, which will allow you to enter the specific location.
- Finally, click on the option “ Choose location ” and click on this, they allow you to write the city you want, then press the “ Enter ” button, which will show you the people that match the name you entered and this location.
Although this is a social network where most people in the world have an active account, there are still people who are not registered in that social network and do not want to be. However, sometimes, these people want to find friendships on Facebook in some way that does not need to create an account and, although it seems impossible, it is not.
Given that, today there are several tricks to perform this type of searches on the social network and the most common are using Google search commands , like using websites that facilitate this .
Here’s how to do it:
Using Google search commands
For a long time, Google has handled a large number of commands that allow you to refine your searches through the web browser . In other words, this platform puts at your disposal various search commands with which you can be more specific and achieve what you need faster.
On this occasion, we will use the word inclusion command , from which we can find a known Facebook user, even if you do not have an active account on this social platform. This inclusion command simply consists of adding a plus sign (+) right next to your search.
Fortunately, the process that you have to carry out is very simple and only, you must keep in mind that, at the time of performing this type of search, you should not make any mistake when entering the specific data of the person .
In this way, do the following:
- On your computer, proceed to open the Google search engine and locate yourself in the search bar.
- Once there, you must enter the person’s name you want to get, followed by the plus sign (+) and after that, enter the word “ Facebook ” and other additional information, if you want. This data could be your hometown, the college or university where you study, the workplace, etc.
- To finish, simply click on the search magnifying glass or press the Enter and Immediately, the results that match it will appear. Thus, you can enter these profiles (in the first option, usually) and find out if any of them are about the user you are looking for.
Using external websites and applications
Another of the best solutions to find new friends on Facebook without having an account there, is using different websites or applications that allow you to search for people . These, generally, are known as people search engines and always emit good results. Since, they work in order to perform a search on social networks and from this, find all the information about a certain user.
While it is true, most of these online platforms have a very similar operation and have the ability to find a Facebook or LinkedIn profile and even find the names of the person you are looking for , in personal blogs or on web pages, in case there has been mention of it. In addition to this, there are some websites that show photographs of people and some clues to contact them.
In order to show you how it works, we will use Pipl and here are the steps to take:
- From any web browser, access this site with the following web address: Pipl.com . You will see that it is a very simple platform, with an interesting design and best of all, is that is completely in Spanish .
- Once you are inside the main page, you have to locate yourself in the search bar where you can enter the person’s partial or full name , as well as the phone number or email.
- In order to filter more the results, it also has a bar where you can enter the location of this person and to make the process faster and more specific, we recommend that you write the city where that person resides. >
- Then click on the search magnifying glass or press Enter and in a matter of seconds, they will show you all the results that match .
There are also other external web pages that we recommend to find new or old friends , without registering on a social network like Facebook:
- Yasni.com : It is a website in Spanish that allows you to enter the name, surname or nickname of a person to locate it.
- WebMii. com : Another of the most used solutions to search for a person through their first and last name. This is also in Spanish.
- PeekYou.com : Although it is in English, it is a good alternative to locate a user using their name, surname, location, alias or phone number.
How to use advanced search within Facebook to search for new friends ?
Previously, Facebook users could use an advanced search tool that, luckily for many, allowed to find everything with complete accuracy , even if you were not clear of the precise name of the person to search. Even this function also offered the possibility of locating sites, restaurants, etc. That someone had recommended you and you didn’t remember his name well.
This, thanks to the fact that it had several search filters in a column that was identified as “ Result Type “, which appeared after entering any data in the search bar in the Top of the Start. In this place, you found: Featured results, People, Pages, Places, Groups, Applications and Events .
However, the possibility of doing a “ Advanced Search ” within Facebook, disappeared from the year 2016 . Given that, as with everything on the Internet, this social network has had many updates with which it has removed various tools. Therefore, now in 2019 it is not possible to carry out advanced searches when making any query within the social network.
In fact, it is best to be very skilled when doing a search in the corresponding bar. That is, where it is in the recent news part. There, you can enter the person’s full name and, also, place the city where he lives, the institute where he studied, the company where he works, etc. For example: Pedro Perez + Location where he resides + Name of the institution or university + Name of the company (of course without entering the signs “+”).