Since some years, It is practically not necessary to fill out a form to register on a website, service, application or social network. The majority gives the possibility of connect us orusing Google account. So everything is easier, if we already have it entered in the browser, we simply allow it to be used and that’s it.
If we ask you now, you may not remember how many sites you have authorized to use your Google account. However, the most prudent thing is to check with some frequency which applications have access to the mail, because a good amount of personal information is stored there and we do not want it to be used to send spam by malicious people.
Now we are going to dive into this topic by answering questions like these: How to delete and add accounts to your Gmail email? How many platforms can be linked to your Google email? Why delete subscriptions that you no longer use?
How many platforms can you have linked to a single Gmail account?
Saying an exact number is impossible. It all depends on how you use your account. With it you can register on social networks, music download services, bank accounts, video streaming, Android applications, mobile games, operating systems and endless third-party tools.
It is important to know that by giving access to your Google account, the company will know basic data of your profile, so Caution must be exercised before associating with certain tools, especially if they don’t have a lot of credibility or recognition. It is best to avoid installing any software that you do not have much information about. and frequently review the permissions that have been granted from Gmail.
Learn step by step how to manage the platforms linked to your Gmail account from any device
Google has a privacy center from which you can check the permissions that have been granted to different platforms over time.. It is possible that years ago we made a subscription that we never used but that still remains there, so in those cases it is best to revoke access. Do you know how to add or delete accounts that you no longer use in Gmail?
If the answer is no, here we teach it easily and simply:
First of all, we focus on get rid of third-party services that we have added to our account that we never use or are no longer interested in.
The steps to follow are these:
- Enter the Gmail account, in the upper right you click where your profile picture appears and on “Manage account”.
- When the menu is displayed, you go to the box “Security”.
- Go down until you find “Login to other websites.”
- In the first section indicate in how many services you use the Google account to log in.
- Click on the option and each of them will appear “Revoke access”.
- For delete accounts that you are no longer usingYou simply revoke their permission and they will no longer have access to your profile.
- Before deleting them it will ask you to confirm the action.
Allow a Trusted page or app use our basic Google profile to register is much easier.
The steps to follow are those:
- Enter the page in which you want to register.
- Tap on “Log in”.
- Then in “Sign in with Google.”
- It will tell you that select an account to access.
- A notice informing you that the page wants to enter to your Google account.
- Click the button “Let” found at the bottom of the page
- And finally it will redirect you to the website you just joined.
Why is it important to delete the platform accounts that you no longer use from your Gmail?
Not all applications that ask to access with email are dangerous, however we must act with prudence so as not to leave our data adrift.
Here are some reasons to remove the accounts you no longer use from Gmail:
- One of the main reasons is that the security of the email account is compromised. If anyone has access to our personal data, they could then sell it to advertisements and we start receiving hundreds of emails without giving them permission.
- A good recommendation if we do not know about the reliability regarding the protection of the data of a certain website is register manually, although it seems the least practical solution and it takes us a little more time.
- A bad update, a security breach or an unwanted activity can expose your personal data. That would allow a hacker, for example, to access your profile or find out your password, being able to have access to the rest of the applications that you have connected with the same account.
- That’s why it’s important use strong passwords and in the event of the slightest suspicion that the application may be fraudulent, it is best to immediately revoke access from Gmail.
One final recommendation is Read the conditions of each application or service to which we are going to affiliate. Knowing what data they will have access to and to what extent they will interfere with our security and privacy is always important. But above all, if you have doubts about the seriousness and reliability of a certain link, it is better not to provide any information that could make you vulnerable.