Generally all new equipment is usually very fast the first days, even weeks and months, but the opposite happens when it is already a used or several months old equipment where Its operation begins to be a little slower. The same happens when a new operating system is installed to the equipment, the first weeks or months it works very quickly but over time this decreases causing the equipment to work in a slow way.
This is undoubtedly something that annoys every user, since it is uncomfortable to use a machine where its operating system runs very slow , especially when using a program that requires good speed or It has to be used for important things. This ends up forming a problem when you want to use the computer, thus reaching a point where you prefer to set aside.
The good news of all this, is that it is possible to correct this problem in several ways, some of them more complex than others, but all are really effective , which will help you computer again have the speed you want and you can use it without any inconvenience, that is why here we will show you some tricks so you can correct this problem in Windows 7.
Steps and tricks to improve the performance of your computer with Windows 7
Although it seems a difficult problem to repair is quite the opposite, this is something that you can solve from home and also without the need to spend a euro on it. For this there are different tricks that you will be able to perform and which will help you the speed of your Windows 7 computer is much faster and that way you will be facilitate the use of it.
Windows 7 over time has been considered as one of the best operating systems on computers. However, many users today have set it aside due to the new versions that have gone on the market but, for all those users who still have it here, we will show you the main tricks so you can improve the performance of your computer.
Disable the automatic start of programs when you turn on the PC
This is usually one of the main problems when the operating system starts to start. Automatic program startup when turning on the computer will cause the opening of the system is much slower, therefore, the team takes a long time to load all the programs and will start working in a very delayed way from the first moment.
It is very likely that some of these programs do not need to be started automatically , therefore, we will be able to manage and solve this. Some of the programs that are considered necessary to start automatically are the antivirus, but the others are not, it would be only for users preference.
To solve this problem you just have to follow the steps that we will explain below:
- In the lower bar of your desktop on the right side you will find a up arrow , you will click on it.
- There you will be shown a series of icons, these are the programs that start automatically when you turn on the computer.
- To be able to manage these programs you will have to go to initially Start.
- Then access “Task Manager” there you will find a list of the programs that run when you start your computer.
- Once you are on the list you simply have to right click on the program you wish to remove and select the option of “Disable ” and automatically in the “ Status ” column permitted Disabled †.
Defragment the computer’s hard drive
It is important to mention that this is a function that the latest versions of Windows defragment automatically. However, it is important that you know this basic tool that will help you improve the speed and performance of your equipment .
Another important aspect to mention is that the systems that Windows uses to defragment the hard disk is not the best in the market. Therefore, it is recommended to use other programs that are capable of carrying that function out and give us better results, one of the most used currently on the market is O&O Defrag , but we also recommend programs like Smart Defrag 5 which you will be able to get for free and will give you very good results.
When we talk about defragmenting the hard disk we refer to eliminate all those empty spaces that are created in the HDD, which end up causing problems in the speed of the equipment and This is something that these programs can solve very quickly and easily.
Once you have eliminated all these empty spaces you will be able to get a better optimization for your Windows . But, it is important that you know that this method can only be applied as long as your computer has a mechanical hard disk . If your device is more modern and you already have a SSD do not perform this method. Now if you have both drives, you just have to defragment the hard drive.
Deactivate the Aero theme
For those who don’t know it yet, Aero is the default theme brought by the Windows 7 operating system so you can improve the visual effect on your computer . With it come several built-in tools such as transparent windows, animations , among other visual effects. However, it is important to mention that these effects are not at all productive, but quite the opposite, they end up becoming garbage files that decrease the speed of your equipment.
One way to solve this problem and make the device performance better is deactivating the Aero theme , for this we do the following:
- The first thing you are going to do is go to the “Desktop” of your team.
- The next thing will be to right click on it and a window will appear, there you select clearlyPersonalize•.
- Now you select the “Window color” section.
- Then you will see a list of colors and on the end an option of “Enable transparency”.
- You just have to deactivate that field in the box and save the changes.
- Once this is done, you return to the previous tab and we will select “Classic Windows theme”. And finally “Save changes”.
Once this is done you will have deactivated the Aero theme and you will be using the classic theme which will offer you better performance than the previous one, which will also help you to improve the speed of your operating system.
Disable services in Windows
All operating systems bring services to run common tasks constantly, this causes more memory and more resources for the CPU to be used therefore the speed of the computer will be much slower.
Deactivating this function will allow your team to improve its performance as well as its speed, and this is because lower service, lower consumption , which will give you better results. It is important to mention that this applies to all operating systems.
In order to disable these services on your Windows 7 you just have to follow these steps:
- The first thing you are going to do is click on ultimately Start.
- In the search box you have to type “Services.msc”.
- There you will see a list with a large number of servers that you can deactivate.
- Once you have deactivated the services you will select the “Save changes” option and finally “Restart the system”.
Keep in mind that these services are usually not used, they just end up taking up space on your computer and affect performance . However, if you see that you are starting to generate some kind of inconvenience you can re-activate them at the time you want.
Check that your device does not have malware
It is always advisable to perform some type of scan to your computer, this in order to determine that it is not affected by any malware that may be affecting its performance. In this sense, it is important to take precautionary measures to protect yourself from any of these software that can damage your equipment . Especially today when these types of programs can be installed by simply opening a link or downloading a file.
If in your case you use the Windows Defender program to protect your computer you must follow these steps:
- You have to go to the “Windows Settings” panel.
- There you select the “Update and security” option.
- Then you will select “Open Windows Defender”.
- Then a new window will open where you can choose what type of scan you want to perform, either a:
- “Quick scan”
- “Full scan”
- “Custom scan ”
- It is always advisable to perform a full scan so that we can see everything that exists on our computer.
- Once you have chosen the option you have to click on the option of “Browse now”
- In case you found any Malicious software on your computer , the same program will tell you how you can remove it.
- It is important to always have your computer well protected with antivirus , so that your system operating system is not affected and the performance of your computer is always good.
Configure the Windows virtual memory
This is one of the simplest tricks to be able to increase the speed of your device , it is important to keep in mind that Windows uses virtual memory , which makes Your operating system may have a larger amount of memory.
To be able to adjust this, and make your team have a better performance and speed you have to do the following:
- For them it is necessary to enter “Control Panel” there you choose the option of “System and security” and then “System” .
- Now a window will appear, on the left side you will click on the “Advanced system configuration” section.
- In the new window that will appear you have to have the “Advanced options” section selected, if so, you will click on “Settings”.
- Now a new window will open and again you have to see the section of “Advanced options” selected, and you will click on the “Change” button .
- The next thing you are going to do is uncheck the box “Automatically manage the paging file size for all units” and check the “Custom size” box it is important that you choose the MB, it is recommended that it be the option of 1000 or 2000 of virtual RAM that you want to increase and finally you will choose “Accept”.
This is another way in which it can improve the speed of your Windows , it may seem like a rather complicated job but no, it is simply reinstalling. This will eliminate all those software that you do not use and that only occupy a space on your computer. In addition, it also serves to eliminate those malware in case you have any installed on your computer and may be affecting it.
To be able to carry out this process it is necessary that you have at hand a Windows 7 installation disc . To do this, simply insert the disc into the CD drive and follow all the instructions that are given to you.
It is important that you make a backup copy of all your files when doing this step, this can be done through a CD drive or a USB memory.
Once you have reinstalled the Windows your computer will look like new, which will guarantee a faster and better performance. In the case of having Windows 8 or 10 the thing will be much easier since you can do it through the option of “Update ”.
Disable the visual effects
Perhaps one of the problems of Windows 7 is that it has a lot of visual effects that in the end are of no use and although they can call the attention of many of the users This will only make your computer work much slower, since it ends up consuming the resources of RAM and CPU.
If you aim to accelerate and improve the performance of your operating system it is essential that you deactivate all these effects so you like them, so you can optimize its performance.
To be able to do this you just have to follow these steps:
- To do this you need to open the “Windows File Explorer”.
- Then you have to select “Computer” and then in accounPropiedades†.
- Now you are going to click on “Advanced system settings”. And there a new window will appear.