For those users who have decided migrate from Android to iPhone It may be difficult for them to pass their files from one device to another. However, there are many helpful tools through which all files can be easily moved.
Although Android has big differences with the iPhone, it is possible to pass the images, contacts, videos and much more from one computer to another easy and fast. Therefore, we decided to explain to you with this step-by-step guide how to achieve it.
You do not need to be an expert in the field to be able to do it from your home. Just pay attention to each step and you’re done. Accordingly, we will mention a very useful way to migrate photos, as well as some apps for it.
Steps to transfer all the photos from your Android to your new iPhone
If you decided to buy a new iPhone and change permanently from one platform to another, but you don’t want to lose your photos and images, just follow a few simple steps to achieve it. You do not need to be familiar with the subject to do so. All you need is a PC and your two devices. We recommend that if the procedure is performed from a Windows PC, download iCloud for Windows and subsequently set up iCloud photos.
In this sense, the procedure to follow is:
Connect the device to a PC
The first step to be able to transfer your photos from your old Android to the iPhone, it is connecting the Android mobile to a PC. It doesn’t matter if it is Windows or Mac. Through this procedure, you will carry out all the management in a comfortable and safe way.
Search the photos
Once you connect your Android, you have to locate what are the photos what do you want to have in your new iPhone. These files are usually located in a folder called “DCIM” and then on “Camera”. If you are managing the management with a computer Mac, we recommend you install the App Android File Transfer, because it offers full compatibility with the equipment. When you enter, follow the same procedure: DCIM / Camera.
After entering the folder where the images are located, you must select those you want to save on your iPhone new and drag them to a folder on your computer.
Disconnect Android and connect iPhone
After having the images on your computer, disconnect your Android mobile and connect the new iPhone to the computer.
For sync photos From a Mac, you can do it from the Finder (on macOS Catalina) or in iTunes (on macOS Mojave). On the computer, proceed to synchronize the photos with the iPhone. To find those files in the iPhone, enter in Photos / Albums.
List of the best applications to migrate files from your Android to iOS without losing anything
Another very easy and fast way to migrate your files from Android to your new device iOS, it is using some applications designed for it. In general, they are usually easy to use so that all types of users can carry out the management.
If you want to know which are the best Android to iPhone migration apps, keep reading:
Move to iOS
Move to iOS It is probably the most used app to migrate from a Android towards a new device iOS. But there are certain details that you should take into consideration before starting the process.
In this sense you must:
- Make sure your Android is connected to the network Wifi.
- Plug in the new iPhone and Android mobile to the taking of stream.
- Check that all content that you are going to transfer, including the card External Micro SD, fit inside the iPhone.
- In case you are going to transfer your Chrome bookmarksPlease update to the latest version on the Android that you are using.
Once all that is done, the steps to follow for the migration with Move to iOS are:
- Click on Transfer data from Android: When setting up the new iOS device, you need to find the screen of “Applications and data”. Then, click on “Transfer data from Android”.
- Open Move to iOS: on your mobile Android, open the Move to iOS app and select “Continue”. Accept all the terms and conditions and click on the option “Following” located in the upper right corner of the Find Code screen.
- Wait for the code to appear: on your iPhone click on “Continue” inside call screen Transfer from Android. Afterwards, you should wait for a 10 or 6 digit code to appear. Next, enter the code in your Android and wait for a screen that says “Transfer data”.
- Select content: in you Android, you have to select all the contents that you are going to transfer to your iPhone and select in “Following”. One point to take into consideration is not to touch both teams until the loading bar that appears on the iPhone does not finish (despite a warning that the process is finished).
- Configure your iPhone: when the loading bar is complete, tap “To accept” on the Android mobile. Then click “Continue” on the iPhone and follow the steps indicated on the screen to complete the configuration and that’s it.
Cloud services are also a great idea to be able to transfer files from one device to another. It is a very quick process and you do not need to be an expert in the field to complete the task effectively. With Google drive you have up to 15GB of free storage. To migrate your data from Android to iPhone with Drive, what you have to do is make a backup from your Android in a folder Drive. Then, download the app on the new iPhone, open it and sync everything.
Some advantages of using Google Drive are:
- Compatible with many files general images, texts, videos and more. It also supports files from Adobe and Microsoft.
- When storing files in Drive, you have access to them from any other device.
- It is a platform 100% safe to store information.
- You can share files with other users from Drive.
This is an app that has been gaining popularity over the years, thanks to the speed it offers in terms of data transfer. It is a very good option for those who need to transfer their files from their old Android yet iPhone. Apart from that, it includes very interesting functions such as the incorporation of a powerful multimedia player, it does not require an Internet connection to transfer data, etc.
The steps to proceed with the migration are:
- Install the App on both devices.
- From your Android enter SHAREit and press the Send button to send all the files you want.
- At iPhone, you will receive a notification for accept or decline the transfer of files. It should be noted that you can see the progress of the shipment in a kind of list.
Dropbox is another of the most recognized cloud storage services in the world. Like Google Drive, offers a very secure platform where users can back up their mobile data and easily pass it on to another through synchronization. The procedure is the same as with Drive, that is to say, You must make a backup copy of your Android mobile in a Dropbox folder and then download the app on the iPhone. Once done, sync the files and voila.
Among the main advantages of Dropbox are:
- Offers 2GB of storage gratuitous.
- its download is free.
- Can share files with other users.
- Accessibility from any device.
- Can integrate your account Dropbox with other apps, like Gmail.