In general, a high percentage of users who have Mac computers have an iPhone as their primary mobile. However, this is not always 100% true, so complications can occur at the time of transfer files from Android to Mac.
So we decided to talk to you in detail about it. While it is true that there many apps available to send and share files from Android to Mac and vice versaThere are also other mechanisms that do not require the installation of programs for this.
Learn the simplest and fastest ways to transfer photos from an Android mobile to a Mac computer. We will talk to you about different methods and the step by step to achieve it. Take note!
Steps to transfer all the photos from your Android to a MacOS computer
Next, you will know what they are:
This is the classic way to be able to access the folders of a mobile phone from a computer. It is a slightly slower method and its effectiveness depends on factors like cable quality. It can even lead to connectivity failures or the process can be slower. However, if you want to do it you only have to:
- Connect your mobile to the Mac with a USB cable.
- A notice will appear on your mobile screen where you have to select "Transfer photos" or "Transfer files".
- The folders you can access will be displayed. Usually the images are within "Images" or "DCIM".
- Copy or move photos towards the computer and voila.
When transferring photos from Android to Mac, the function may not be allowed. Therefore, it is best to install applications that ensure complete connectivity such as Android File Transfer.
Is a powerful tool designed to send files, take screenshots, synchronize notifications, have a remote control of your mobile and much more. We can even see elements of our Android while working on the Mac. Therefore, it is perfect if you want to transfer photos to your Mac computer or laptop without cables.
The step by step for its use is:
- Install the App on your Android.
- Create an account on Airdroid from their website.
- Set up Airdroid desktop tool: There are two ways to do this, either by downloading the full version for Mac for free, or by going to the web.
- Associate your Android device: If you already created an account, the device should appear in the list of compatible terminals. If not, you have to scan the QR code shown in the application from your mobile, to proceed with the configuration.
- Enter the tool "Toolbox", from where you can move files from one side to another.
If you do not want to choose programs or applications to transfer the files from your mobile to your computer, you can also do it through Bluetooth. Is a safe and very fast way to pass photos from one side to another.
All you have to do is:
- Activate Bluetooth both on mobile and Mac. Bluetooth on your PC you get it on System / Bluetooth preferences.
- Synchronize both devices through a code that will appear on the screens respectively.
- Exit "Bluetooth" and enter again in the "System preferences". Once there, select on the icon "Share" and click on "Bluetooth Sharing". We recommend that in the option located on the right side with the name of "When they explore other devices" check "Never allow".
- Finally, you just have to select photos on your mobile or files that you are going to transfer. Then select in "Share via Bluetooth" and choose your Mac. Following that, you will find these files in the folder you have selected or, by default, in Computer Downloads.
With Android File Transfer
Android File Transfer It is an application designed by Google that can be installed on both Android devices and Mac computers. In this way, users of both computers can pass files from one place to another without problems.
It is important to know that before installing and running it on your Mac, you must go to «System preferences / Security and Privacy» and activate the option «Allow applications downloaded from: Any site». If you don't, you won't be able to run the application on your computer.
Once you do that, the steps to follow to transfer photos are:
- Download e install the Android File Transfer app.
- Open the app.
- Unlock your Android mobile and connect it to the computer using a USB cable.
- Press on the notice "Loading device via USB".
- When it appears "Use USB for the following:"click "File transfer".
- On your Mac, an Android File Transfer window will open where you can drag the photos to transfer from the mobile to the computer. Generally, photos are located in the “DCIM” folder or in “Images”.
- Drag the photos you want to transfer to the Finder.
- When you finish, disconnect the mobile and ready.
The best applications to transfer photos and videos from your Android to MacOS
It is one of the safest options to transfer photos from an Android to a Mac. It is considered a very effective management software and it is not necessary to use cables to pass the files from one side to the other, since it is only enough to have a WiFi connection. To use it you have to:
- Install the App both on the Mac and on your mobile.
- Make sure that the Android phone and the Mac are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Run the App on your computer and scan the QR code on the PC website.
- When the main interface opens, click "Images" and you can see all the photos stored on your mobile.
- Choose those files to transfer and select on the button "To download" at the top, to be able to copy them to the Mac and voila.
From the entire list, Send Anywhere is one of the applications simpler and more intuitive that exist. Its interface is very well designed and adapts to the needs of inexperienced users and more demanding users. The proper way to use it is:
- Install the App on your Mac and on your device Android totally free.
- Check that your computers have an Internet connection and, if possible, the same WiFi network.
- Open Send Anywhere on both teams.
- On your mobile, locate the photo you want to transfer to the Mac and select in "Share". Choose Send Anywhere platform to proceed with sending.
- A six digit code will be generated you must place it on the Mac. However, you can also transfer files by scanning the QR code that appears in the computer application.
Anytrans for Android
As the name implies, Anytrans for Android It is mainly designed to be able to transfer images and photos from your Android gallery to any computer, be it Windows or Mac. Its download is totally free and thanks to it you will be able to access your files without problems. The steps to follow for its use are:
- Download the App on your computer.
- Connect your mobile to the Mac.
- Enter Anytrans for Android on your Mac.
- Select in the folder "Photos" or "Images" to access the files you need.
- Choose the photos that you are going to use and click on the download button located at the top (it is an icon shaped like a laptop with a down arrow). Wait a few seconds and voila, you will have the images on your PC.
Despite being a messaging application, Telegram is a very effective platform when it comes to sharing files from one device to another. The most interesting thing is that it does not compress the images and its use is very simple.
Then, We explain how to use Telegram to share photos from your mobile to the computer:
- Enter the App Telegram from mobile.
- Open one new conversation with yourself.
- Within the conversation you must send the photos to yourself by clicking the clip-shaped icon, located at the bottom right of the chat.
- Open Telegram on the computer, enter our own conversation, select the image and click "Save as".
So easily you will have all the photos you require from your Android mobile to your Mac computer.
It is a very effective storage application to be able to transfer files from your mobile to your Mac quickly. You just install it on both computers and you can pass photos almost instantaneously. It is very effective because you can access your files without being connected to both computers.
With Dropbox you can create folders to synchronize your mobile photos with your Mac. This way, you can share files no matter where you locate. You just need to have an Internet connection. To use it you have to:
- Open Dropbox on your mobile.
- Enter the Dropbox folder where you want to store the images. You can create a new one or enter one you already have.
- Press the + icon located at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on "Upload photos".
- Select photos that you want to upload and touch the folder icon on your Android, and indicate where you want the images to be added.
- Click on “Set location” and finally in "Rise".
To access these files from your Mac, enter Dropbox from your computer and you will get the folder where the photos were stored.