With the amount of information that moves through the networks every day or even every hour that passes, It is very important to have a security system on your computer to avoid any possible attack. We handle many important data, information related to our identity, our professional work or even our personal life, and that makes us the perfect focus for those people with really dangerous intentions.
Installing an antivirus has become one of the first steps that come with the arrival of a new computer. Every time you mount or buy a new one, it is always recommended that, before starting navigate, tune up the security system to avoid any kind of attack. This is where suites like Avast’s come in , one of the most important cybersecurity companies on a professional and domestic level.
Avast antivirus is considered one of the best currently . It involves very little load and hardly affects the performance of the equipment; but at the same time it guarantees a powerful shield and a continuous flow of updates to be always up to date with new viruses that appear, in addition to incorporating more and more functions that always advocate for the safety of the user, without tarnishing their user experience.
Update Avast antivirus free step by step
Being up to date with this type of software is vital . Therefore, we will explain how to update the Avast antivirus to the latest version step by step in this simple guide. In addition, we will also explain what you should do if you want to be unconcerned and let the new versions install automatically , without having to pay attention or look for revisions. A perfect way for your team to be fully insured and you can move around the internet without any fear of suffering any kind of problem because of viruses, Trojans, malware and others.
Having the antivirus always up to date is a fundamental need to shield the security of a computer equipment . The amount of viruses that appear every day is so great that delaying updates for a week can be devastating for the protection of your data , your files or even your computer.
You have the latest version of Avast antivirus is something as simple as necessary. If you do not want to have problems because of malicious files or people who simply want to complicate things, you must perform this procedure step by step. Here, we will explain what you have to do to renew the version of this program in several different ways and without having to complicate more than usual.
From the Avast Antivirus Security program
The Avast Antivirus Security program itself has an option to install the newest version easily . The user does not have to look for download links or anything similar, since everything is done through the menus that the software incorporates , also arranged so that it is quite easy to access.
These are the steps to follow to have the updated version of Avast from the program:
- Open the antivirus . Find the Avast Antivirus icon on your PC’s desktop and double-click on it or look for it in the taskbar, right click on it and click on “ Open Avast user interface ”.
- Once with the program open and in front of you, you must go to the top right and click on the “Options” button, another window will open in which you must continue.
- Within this new screen, look for the “Update” section. Click on it.
- Now, you will see several sections in front of you. To install the latest Avast update , you must go to the “ PROGRAM ” section and click on “ Update ”. Also, if you wish, you can update the virus database by doing the same in the section “ VIRUS DEFINITIONS ”.
From the Windows or Mac taskbar
The other way to upgrade Avast Antivirus is much more direct and faster . Because the program has access available in the taskbar , either on Windows or even on Mac, the process can be done quickly through this option.
To update Avast from the Windows or Mac taskbar you just have to follow the following few steps:
- Move the computer mouse to the taskbar , specifically to the right side (if the Avast icon does not appear, click on the arrow to show the hidden programs). Right-click on the antivirus.
- In the drop-down menu that opens, look for the “Update” option. Leave the mouse on it and a submenu with two more options will be displayed.
- Click on “Program” so that Avast starts downloading and installing its latest version. Remember that you can do the same to renew the virus database with the other option in this last step.
How to enable automatic updates of Avast antivirus?
Another way to always have the antivirus ready to work and renewed with all the new features and additions that arise with each new version is by activating the automatic update protocol . In this way, you can not worry without having to be aware of entering the program and performing any of the procedures explained in the previous section.
If you want to know how to activate the automatic updates of Avast Antivirus , read on and follow the steps below:
- Run the Avast antivirus . To do this, look for your icon on the desktop or go to the taskbar, right click on it and left click on the option “ Open Avast user interface ”.
- Once inside, look for the “Options” section and click on it to open a new menu.
- In it, go to the “ Update ”, as we have done in previous points of this guide, and go to the part titled “ PROGRAM ”.
- There, instead of pressing the button to download news, lower the mouse a little and click on “Options” . A submenu will be displayed with several parameters to choose from.
- Now, you must choose how you want the updates to be done . You can decide that it is a completely automated process, activating “ Automatic update ” or that you are asked when there are new versions or when they have already been downloaded.