Technology has made sure that communication gave you a lot of what it was just a decade ago . All the novelties that land thanks to the new discoveries within the technological sector do nothing more than make our way of contacting other people evolve and, for example, go from being a mere written text to a video call in rigorous direct.
If you take your smartphone and look at all the applications you have installed on it, you will see that many of them are for talking with other people. It doesn’t matter if it’s a messaging app like WhatsApp or Telegram or a social network like Twitter or Facebook , all of them are intended to share information; but, above all, make communication between people easier.
And a true example of this dual purpose and the evolution of which we are participants in the communication field is Snapchat . This app is limited to something as simple as sending and receiving multimedia messages, with photos or videos, which disappear within a certain period of hours. This time restriction has become not a limiting factor , but an incentive that invites users to always pay attention not to miss the latest update of those people who have added as friends on this online platform .
Update the SnapChat app on my mobile device to the new available version
We are going to talk about updates, since, like any other program, this social network does not get rid of updates that add improvements, new filters and even fixes. If you do not know how to update SnapChat for free to the latest version , we will give you a cable with this complete guide, explaining step by step what you should do so that the version on your phone is always the most new, no matter if you have an Android or an iPhone . Let’s go !.
It is always recommended to update the SnapChat app on your mobile device to the newest version available . Fortunately, Android phones and iPhone have a very simple way of doing it, which is nothing more than through the app stores they own. So, you just have to enter Play Store (Android) or the App Store (iOS) to perform updates.
In the following sections we explain in detail how to proceed in any of the cases, so that you can do it phone in hand:
From Google Play for Android
In case you want to update the SnapChat app through Google Play for Android devices , all you have to do is perform a few simple steps through this digital store. It is not something too complex and takes place in seconds, as you can see if you follow what we explain below:
- Enter the Google Play Store. You have to look for its icon , like the of any other app, and press on it to have your phone direct you to the main screen.
- Once in it, go to the left side of the search bar and press in the symbol with three horizontal lines . In doing so, you will have a drop-down menu in front of you.
- In it, you have to choose the first option that appears, “My applications and games” , since it is the one that you Take all the programs you have installed on your device.
- Within this list that appears, check that you are in the “Updates” section by looking at the tabs of the part of above. If you are inside, what you should do now is to search for “ Snapchat ” and check for any pending updates. You can check it if it has the button with the text “ Update ” next to it.
- If it appears, click on it and let your phone do the rest In a very short time you will have the new version of snapchat installed and ready to work on your smartphone.
From APP Store for iOS
The path to install the newest versions of SnapChat from the APP Store for iOS is as much or easier than Android with its Play Store. We will explain what you have to do in case you are an iPhone user:
- Start by entering the Apple digital store . Just look for the App Store icon and press it, you will be automatically directed to the main page of the store.
- Within it, you could enter the search, type the name of the application and enter its description to perform the renewal. However, it is better that you go down to the bottom right and click on the “Updates” tab.
- By doing so, you will be redirected to a screen where all pending installations appear . What you must do now is descend until you find SnapChat. If you have an update to download, you will have a button next to it with the word “Update” . Press it.
- Now, you just have to wait . The download and installation process of upgrade is automatic , so in a matter of seconds you will have renewed the application.
* Note: If you are an Android or iOS user, these two procedures will serve you well. On the contrary, if you prefer not to have to enter the digital stores, there is a manual alternative that you can also take advantage of and that we will explain in the next section. Keep reading! .
Download and install the SnapChat APK to update without Play Store
As we explained in the previous section, there is a valid method in Android terminals so as not to have to enter the digital store at the time of performing SnapChat updates . To be more exact, you can download and install the SnapChat APK to update without Play Store ; a process that cannot be done in any way on an iPhone because of Apple’s limitations.
To do this manual update, you need to prepare the phone before changing its configuration. Let’s explain the complete procedure so you don’t get lost:
Download APK SnapChat new version
- First of all, you have to go to the “Settings” section of your mobile. It’s the icon with a gear inside it.
- When you’re on it, the next thing is to go to the “Security” section. This step varies slightly depending on the terminal you use, since the configuration panel changes depending on the version of Android installed. The most frequent is to find it in the tab “ Advanced settings “.
- Already in our destination menu, go for the option “Apps of unknown origin” and make sure it’s activated. If it is not, just click on its button to allow you to use these external applications.
- Now, having removed this restriction, you must download the apk file of the new version of SnapChat You can download from the links we offer above totally safe.
- When you finish downloading, you can open the file directly by displaying the top menu and clicking on the download made. Do it and, when asked if you are sure to continue, accept.
- Wait quietly while the installation process performs its tasks . In less than a couple of minutes you will have updated Snapchat without entering the Google Play Store .