To surf the internet you need a piece of software that becomes fundamental and absolutely necessary: a web browser . This tool is the one used to enter or exit pages, to check email, to watch videos, to listen to music, to access social networks. In short, is the window that we open from our computer or our smartphone to immerse ourselves fully in the network of networks , use it and take advantage of all the possibilities it offers us.
There are several browsers signed by the most important companies. We have Microsoft with Internet Explorer or Edge , Google with Chrome and even Opera Software with Opera . Here, let’s stop at the latter. It has become one of the favorite options due to its good performance and high compatibility with all types of protocols, in addition to having support for most operating systems on the market.
Usable on virtually any device, it is a software that is not without improvements and revisions that seek to polish all its edges and enrich the user experience. Fortunately, to know how to update the Opera browser to the latest version it is not necessary to make a great effort. It is a fairly simple process that we will explain carefully so you can do it in a matter of minutes.
Update and install the Opera browser step by step
This guide will help you to have the newest update of this web browser , as well as to know how to adjust its automatic update parameters to the extent of the possible. Everything to be able to use it with total freedom and minimize the consumption of resources that you make on your device.
To update the Opera browser you have several options available:
- Perform a manual update
- Or an automatic update
In this section we will explain what you should do in each of them step by step, with a series of simple guidelines that you have to follow to carry out the process without complications.
Most commonly, despite the automation of update downloads, you have to perform manual updates to renew the Opera web browser . Here, we tell you the steps you must follow to do this:
Download Opera for Windows
Download Opera for Mac
Download Opera for Linux
- First, you must download on your device , whether mobile or desktop, the compatible file belonging to the latest version of this fantastic browser, choose the one that best suits your operating system, whether Windows, Mac, Android or iOS among others, we provide you with the download links above, do not worry, they are 100% reliable .
- Once downloaded the installer, open it to start with the installation of the new version of Opera.
- On the initial screen, click directly on “Accept and install” to start.
- Since it is a fully automated process , after pressing this button you only have to wait a few seconds, or a few minutes (depending on the internet connection we have available ), until finished.
- After this, the Opera browser will open directly and you can start using it with your most recent version installed. ¡Ready !.
Automatic updates can be enjoyed as long as the option for this has been previously activated. On smartphones, make sure that the App Store (iOS) and Google Play Store (Android) Have the parameters set to perform these updates no need for the user to interfere.
On PC, however, you have to enter the Opera browser and modify certain settings in order to have this function activated.
- We follow the sequence until we reach the last tab: .
- In the section « AutoUpdate » or « Auto-Update «, at the end of the table, we will have a drop-down with a series of options to choose:
- Do not check for updates: If we choose this option we will have completely deactivated the option to perform the Opera update automatically, therefore the whole process must be manual, this option is reserved for more advanced users .
- Notify when there are new versions: If we choose to select this option, every time a new upgrade of this browser is launched, it will notify us through a popup or pop-up window at start the browser with an update available for download and installation.
- Install updates automatically s: If we want the entire process to be performed 100% automatically and in the background, it is advisable to choose this option, this way we will not be notified when the installation is done and we will always have the new version available working on our computer.
- We click on “ OK ” to save the changes.
How to configure the auto-update settings in Opera?
You probably want the new versions of Opera to be installed automatically , without having to keep an eye on news or search for them on networks. To do this, you have to enable the update option in the configuration parameters of this browser.
And, how to configure the auto-update settings in Opera? Here we explain how to proceed step by step, although it is something that can not be manipulated directly through the software, since It is programmed to always look for revisions.
- Open the file explorer of your device and look for the folder where the browser has been updated. Most commonly, it is located on the main hard drive , in the “ Program Files ” folder. Go in there and look for a folder with the name “ Opera “. When you locate it, it enters inside.
- Once there, you have to go to the directory referring to the latest version you have installed. To see it, you must be in the Opera browser, click on its main icon (upper left corner) and click on “ About Opera ”. There, in the “ Version ” section you will see which one you have and, therefore, the folder name you should look for in your file explorer.
- After this, Take a look until you find the file “opera_autoupdate.exe” . Modify its name (you can give it a name that you remember later that it is the edited file) and you will prevent automatic updates from being carried out constantly and that the browser always looks for revisions.
- To reactivate them, rename the file with its original name so that the program detects it and remains aware of new versions.