Recently, a new update was released through which it was possible merge Facebook messaging with Instagram. This is quite a big step to improve the communication experience between the users of both social networks.
In this sense, From now on, direct and private messages from Instagram will be integrated into Facebook Messenger, the messaging service of the most used social network in the world. Thanks to this, two users can interact simultaneously between both apps.
Do you know how to take advantage of this new functionality?. Throughout this post you will know how to use Facebook Messenger on Instagram, to have a more satisfactory communication experience between the platforms.
What are the benefits of combining all the communications from the Facebook apps (Instagram and Whatsapp)?
Linking accounts can be a good decision for a number of reasons. One of the main ones is that considerably streamlines processes, so you don’t waste time executing tasks on each platform individually.
For its part, by merging Instagram and Facebook, you can start publishing the photos or videos you want from Instagram and share them directly on Facebook. Other than that, it is highly recommended in case you want increase the reach or interaction with your followers, since each content returns to its original source, which means that there is greater participation from the public in both cases.
Remember that Facebook is the social network that has the largest number of registered users, so you can take traffic from there to Instagram. Added to that, the algorithm of Instagram rewards the accounts with the greatest interactions, so if you generate enough reactions you may reach a higher place in the News Feed.
To make the experience more organized, the Instagram content that you decide to share on Facebook, will be stored in a specific folder titled “Instagram photos” or “Instagram videos”. It is worth mentioning that this is the first step of a great project, which hopes to be able to merge Instagram, Whatsapp and Messenger. This will make the interaction between all these platforms much easier, which enjoy more than 1,000 million monthly active users.
What new features can we take advantage of by combining Direct and FB Messenger?
This upgrade has with it a considerable amount of new Features previously unavailable in Instagram chats.
Among them the following can be mentioned:
- Join video calls: from Instagram you can use Messenger video calls.
- Joint viewing: This means that the Facebook Watch videos, IGTV or Reels they can be seen by groups of users simultaneously.
- Temporary messaging: the user can make the messages disappear after they are seen, or when closing a chat.
- Selfie stickers: possibility to create stickers with people’s faces, to place them in a conversation.
- Modify chat colors: customize the chats with different color gradients.
- Custom emoji reactions: You can create a shortcut of your favorite emojis to react to the messages your friends send you.
- Forwarding and replying: You can forward messages or reply directly to one of them.
- Animated Message Effects: animated messages and GIFs can be used in chats.
- Message controls: decide who can send you messages.
- Enhanced reporting and crash updates: With this feature you can report on entire conversations as well as individual posts on Instagram. In addition to that, you can receive proactive blocking suggestions on Instagram and Messenger after joining accounts in the Account Center section.
Learn step by step how to use Messenger on Instagram and combine all its functionalities
Nowadays, the ability to combine apps is optional for usersIn other words, they have the power to choose whether or not they want to opt for it.
In case it catches your attention and you want to try it, below we share the step by step on how to use Messenger on Instagram and combine its functionalities:
- The first thing you have to do is make sure you have an active account both in Facebook like in Instagram.
- After reviewing this aspect, you should only open either of the two apps and you will be able to appreciate that a new message is shown whose objective is to notify you that you have said integration.
- If that option does not appear, check if it is necessary to update Facebook or Instagram. Update them if required.
- Once this is done, you can start talk to your contacts through both apps.
If you prefer to disable this functionality, both on Instagram and Facebook Messenger you must do the following:
- Access your profile of user.
- Press in Setting.
- To go to the Privacy settings.
- Enterokay in Messages.
- Disable option corresponding to receive new messages from Instagram or Facebook Messenger depending on the application.