East free voice service which is mostly used by gamers, businessmen and others who need communicate online it has become the ideal option for conducting different types of discussions.
One of its main advantages is that it allows you to decorate the messages with images, emojis, gifs, among others, thus becoming a very useful feature within the platform.
This is how the use of Tags or Spoiler on Discord It has become essential for all members of the application, that is why here we will show you how you can use them as an expert.
What are tags and what are they for in the Discord tool?
Currently many of the users who use this platform do not yet know what the format functions of Markdown that are included there. The truth of all this is that the use of these functions can allow modifying the way in which viewers can see all your published content. In this way, this feature allows users to add any type of message format, including what are the italics, bold, code formats, among others.
In the same way, the markdown function allows you to inform what is a spoiler alert. These spoiler labels They are useful to alert other users that you are about to transmit information about something that someone is not prepared for, such as reporting what happens at the end of a movie. This means that at the time of add these tags, other users only see a gray or black frame on the content.
In this way, said application allows the use of spoiler tags in any server chat and that way it will allow you to avoid the right display of your messages sent. In this way, you will ensure that your messages are not read by any user, but that they must perform a specific action to be able to read them since they will be shown hidden.
What are the benefits of using Spoilers on Discord?
As mentioned in the previous section, the main objective of these labels is to help you hide messages so that these cannot be read by anyone, since the user who wants to access it must perform an action previously that many may not want to do. In this way, these labels are used mostly to talk about a series or movie that not all members of the community have seen, so the story of the end of it is usually offered.
Therefore, when using spoiler tags in messages that are talking about that series or movie will be hidden in plain sight, this means that users who have not seen the movie or series will not be able to read these messages. Although there is the case that you want to see it at your own risk and thus know how the end of that movie they haven’t seen yet. Therefore, the main benefit of all this is that it will help you hide certain types of messages that for some reason you do not want to be available to everyone.
Learn step by step how to use spoilers on Discord like an expert
If for some reason you want to start hide texts as spoiler in Discord, then here we are going to show you how you can perform this procedure in a simple way and as a whole real expert.
To do this, you simply have to follow each of the steps that we will explain below:
- To begin this procedure you must start it by typing the full text you want to share, but after doing so it is important that you select the part of the text you want to hide, in this case it can be all the text you have written or just a part of it. Keep in mind that the text will be hidden with the Spoiler format so that it will not be seen unless the user does click on it.
- After selecting the text you want to hide, you must do right mouse click on it. There you will see a drop-down menu where you will find different options, in this case you must select “Mark as spoiler” which usually appears first on the list.
- After selecting it you will see how two vertical stripes have been placed on both sides of the selected text. When the stripes appear on both sides, it is indicating that it is now a textual code, so you can also decide by hand which text you want to hide as a spoiler by placing the same stripes on the sides | | that is, at the beginning and the end, leaving something like this: || Spoiler ||
- After having the text in this way, the next thing will be to press the key “Enter” on your keyboard to automatically send to your Discord channel. As you can see in the image shown below in the post, the part that has been pointed out as spoiler format now appears hides highlighted in black, but all the other users know that there is something written there and how long it is, so it is everyone’s responsibility to want to read or not what appears hidden there.
- Therefore, if you want to know what is written there, you only have to click on the marked text. However, each user runs the risk of reading something you just don’t want to know, as it can be the end of a series or movie of the moment that they have not yet finished watching or have not seen. This feature is also used to hide text that many other users cannot see.