Smart TVs or Smart TV became popular at the end of 2015. By then, worldwide sales reached 138 million units. At the beginning of 2021, that figure doubled, reaching more than 309 million units..
Modern televisions support a host of streaming platforms, including Facebook Live. Therefore, We show you a guide to the best equipment so that you can watch live broadcasts as if it were a movie theater.
Learn in this article everything you need to know about the trend of watching lives on Smart TV and how to get watching a Facebook Live video on your new smart TV, all with simple and practical steps.
What are the benefits of using your SmartTV to watch Facebook Live videos?
Smart TVs cover the needs of several niches at the same time: It pleases people who like to watch series, those who surf the internet every day and those who want to see all kinds of programming in HD and 4K.
It all depends on the quality of the appliance:
- HD quality: If the source of the transmitter is high-end, the entire live transmission can be seen in 1080 px resolution and 60 frames per second (FPS), so the image quality is high at all times as long as the internet connection is stable.
- Facebook support: To see the live broadcasts, you must install an app developed by Facebook for Smart TVs. This application is constantly being reviewed and updated, so you will always have good support so that each transmission is of quality, unless your smart TV no longer receives updates due to obsolescence.
- You let the computer rest: As for practicality, watching a transmission on your computer and on the Smart TV is exactly the same, since you must remain fixed in one place to see the content. And, of course, it is better to see it in large size than on the conventional screen of a laptop or desktop computer.
- Audio is powerful: modern televisions try to simulate the sound quality of a cinema, so even a chat via Facebook Live can be heard in stereo and very clearly. No additional headphones or speakers are required, as would be the case when watching videos on your computer.
- Supports hours and hours of video: a Smart TV can receive intensive use from gamers and series fans, unlike mobiles, tablets, laptops and desktop computers. So you do not have to worry about being glued to the television all day and fear that there is an overheating of the hardware, they were designed for that type of use.
Learn step by step how to watch Facebook Live broadcasts on your SmartTV TV
If you are already convinced and plan to purchase a Smart TV, these are the steps you must follow in order to watch a live broadcast on one of these high-end gadgets.
It is important to remember that live videos can only be sent to a Smart TV from the official Facebook application, so do not try these steps with a third-party app:
- Login to Facebook from your mobile.
- Press the symbol “Watch”, where you will see all the conventional and live videos.
- Search your video “Live”.
- Choose the video what do you want to see.
- Start playing the video on the mobile.
- At the top right, you will see a square symbol that you should press.
- There will be a pop-up window with a Chromecast list.
- Select the Chromecast of your Smart TV.
- The video will start to show on your new smart TV.
Often times, televisions require the Facebook Watch application, for that you must do these steps:
- Go to the shop from your TV.
- Writes “Facebook Watch”.
- If available, install and run.
- The application should start before streaming videos from your cell phone.
Some models allow to receive the videos as in the case of Chromecast. But nevertheless, Apple is more restrictive in terms of third-party app permissions.
This is how you will see how to broadcast in another way:
- Update the operating system of Apple tv.
- In you iPhone, you must display the options “Control Center”.
- Select the option “Share screen”.
- A pop-up window will appear with your TV.
- It only takes one WiFi connection to achieve transmission.
Only you must enter Facebook and search for the transmission you want to see on your television. When playing, you go up “Control Center” and activate the transmission from your iPhone or iPad to the TV.
List of the best TV Box devices that you can use to watch FB Live videos on your SmartTV
Now we show you which are the best smart TVs you can get on the market:
Amazon Fire TV Stick
Play videos from 1080 px and 60 fps, which makes it ideal for the quality of broadcasts on Facebook Live. It has a storage capacity of 8 Gb and is based on Android, the most used operating system in the world. It supports Facebook Watch, Netflix, Disney +, Apple TV and more, so you have a great variety of options to watch the series and live broadcasts of your preference.
Xiaomi MI TV Box S
It has a memory of 8 Gb. In addition to Wi-Fi connection, It also has a connection via Bluetooth 4.2. It works with Android TV 9 so it has a greater application coverage than other options.
Google Chromecast 3
It is a device fairly affordable in terms of cost and easy to use. It depends on the operation of the phone, but this is not a problem because to see live broadcasts the use of a cell phone is required. Supports resolutions of 1080 px and 60 fps, so in quality it is the same as the previous options. Unlike other equipment, this one does not have a remote control, so it depends on the mobile.
Turewell Q Plus
This is a powerful device that supports up to 6K video resolution, one of the few that can receive transmissions of this type and maintain the spectacular image on screen. It has a RAM of 4 Gb and a storage capacity of 32 Gb, so if you are a gamer, this model is also for you.
Fire TV Stick 4K
It is a fairly compact model that also supports 4K video. Work with the voice assistant Alexa, so life will be a little easier for you with this proposal. It has an 8 Gb memory and a 1.7 GHz Quad-Core processor. It is a fast and completely portable device, so you can organize special events and watch them in HD wherever you want.