The We will mention the greatest risks for your privacy to open an account on TikTok in this article.. This will help you to know the extent of the risk to which you are exposed, if you did not know.
If you want to learn the step by step to configure the privacy of your account without making mistakes or dying in the attempt, we invite you to take a look at this post.
What are the biggest risks to our privacy on TikTok?
When you open an account TikTok your private data is in danger of being shared with third parties if you do not configure it correctly. Thus, Anyone can access your videos and comment that are not to your liking, share your content with others and use the tool Duo without your authorization.
But this is not all, you also run the risk that your videos are downloaded without you knowing and what any advertiser can display advertising in your account without being able to restrict it. Finally, your privacy will be affected if you do not block authorization for any user send you private messages and see your account in full, since it is public and not private.
Once you’ve created a TikTok account and you use it, the platform collects technical information about you, which can be shared with service providers external to the social network.
In addition, your private data may be given to TikTok’s business partners., to companies that belong to the same group, to advertisers and to companies that are dedicated to analyzing the data. TikTok is also required to share your private information with the police and with government authorities that request it. This is done to ensure the safety of third parties.
But this is not all, TikTok also collects the following information:
- Number of phone and email.
- Name user name, date of birth and profile picture.
- Preference of language.
- Age and content interests.
- Location geographic.
- Videos Y Photos that are uploaded from the account.
- Frequency the platform is used with.
- The likes which is added in third party posts.
- Posts, if local legislation allows it.
- information general statistics of the account.
- Your friends’ data.
- Contacts from other social networks and email.
- Reports about purchases made.
This is why the rights that users have are:
- To access to the data.
- Delete or modify Private information.
- Request a copy of the data handled by the social network.
- Restrict the use of private information and revoke the consent to use it.
In case these guarantees are not fulfilled, any user in the European Union can contact TikTok Technology Limited.
Learn step by step how to configure the privacy of your user account on TikTok
For set the privacy of your TikTok account you must do the following step by step shown below. This way you will have your account blocked from accessing your personal data generating that nobody can handle your information.
Access your profile
The first thing you should do is open the application and enter your personal account. Then you must click on the option Menu, located at the top right of the screen.
Go to Settings and privacy
At this time you should access the section ACCOUNT and choose the tool Privacy. You will find a list in which you must activate or disable different parameters.
Create a private account
You must activate the option Private account so that only users that you approve can access and comment on your videos. You must also block the recommendation of your account to other users of the platform.
Personalize your data
You will have to access the section PERSONALIZATION AND DATA to download a copy of all your profile data, activity and application settings. This will allow you to know what type of information it has TikTok over you. You should also block third-party advertisers from using your videos in their ads. You will do this by deactivating the box Advertising authorization.
Configure general security parameters
In the section SECURITY You will have different options that you will have to configure according to the level of privacy you want.
You will do this by activating or not the following elements:
- Authorization for download your videos.
- Which users are authorized to send you messages In a direct way.
- Who they can use your videos to paste them into other content.
- Restriction to use the tool Duet with your videos.
- Which person can access to see the videos you liked.
- Authorization for comment on your content.
- Filters of comments.
- Account lockout.