Telegram is not only characterized by being a reliable messaging platform that provides privacy tools to its users. Also offers the possibility of interacting with communities in a fast and very practical way.
You have created your “Group” role for this. If you want to become an expert in managing Telegram, it is convenient that you know what is this tool about and what are the features that has.
You will find this information below. We will explain how to create a group from scratch or join an existing one. Don’t miss out on anything and explore them to get the most benefits.
What are Telegram groups and what are they for in the application?
Telegram is a messaging application in which you can send chats privately to any user or share, in a group, your message to a group of people. For this last option the platform uses its tool, called Groups. It is a channel, which can be public or private depending on its objective, in which a large number of members interact at the same time.
It is created by a single person, who is called the owner, although You can also assign admin roles to others. The difference between a Telegram group with one of the other social networks is that in the messaging platform all members can participate and know everything that is spoken in the group. But do not confuse a group from a Telegram channel either, since the latter is a space with unlimited access for members to spread ideas openly.
What are the main characteristics of Telegram groups? What can be done in them?
The characteristics that a group has in Telegram are:
- Within groups of family, friends or colleagues can be shared texts, images, voice notes, videos and links, among other elements.
- Messages reach all supported users. For now, its limit is 200 thousand participants, including owners and administrators.
- Group administrators have more advanced privileges than other members. Nevertheless, such permissions or privileges are only granted by the owner.
- From the above it appears that, there is an owner (the creator of the group) and one or more administrators who receive their roles from the group owner.
- Administrators control the numerous messages and delete or accept members, among other functions. You can also access custom tools and bots for help in managing tasks such as deleting messages, not accepting spam or removing an undesirable user.
- If you wish you can generate a public link for many more people to join to the Telegram group. In contrast to this, you can also keep it private so that no one finds it without your invitation.
- It is possible to pin messages, even if the members turn off the notifications they will appear at the top of the screen. This has the advantage that all members will not be able to claim that they do not know the rules or information contained in these messages.
- You will be able enter them from multiple platforms at the same time, that is, from the web or with the app.
- Once you have created it, will always stay open. Unless you suspend or delete it.
- When deleting a message, these also disappear for the rest of accepted users.
- it’s possible edit your messages once they have been sent. No matter how long it takes, you can modify them. You must bear in mind that a legend will appear below the message indicating such a situation.
- Telegram allows you to store the links, media, music and others in folders. Thus, it is an excellent tool for sharing files of up to 2 GB.
- If you want to search for a specific message, file or link then you will be able to use the commands. Most are preceded by a sign “/” in order to / rules, / settings Y /information, among others.
- You can use the # sign as labels to catalog specific messages.
- You can create group-specific tools. For this you will have to use the bots that Telegram offers you.
Learn step by step how to create or join a Telegram group to interact with other users
Pay attention to every detail that we will show you below because We will show you the steps you will have to do to create or join a Telegram group from scratch and without making mistakes.
Go for it:
When you need to create a group to share information with your friends or colleagues, you will have to do this step by step:
- Download and install the app.
- Set it up and enter in it from your mobile, tablet, laptop or computer.
- With your account open select the three-line menu located in the upper left corner.
- A menu will scroll where you will choose the option New group.
- After that, you can now include family, friends or co-workers in it. To do this, select one by one the contacts that you want to be inside. You can do this once the list with all your contacts is activated.
- When are all included, click on the green arrow located in the lower right corner.
- It will open a new screen in which you will have to choose the name and the profile photo of the new group. Once you finish, click on the green check mark.
Enter the chat and you can send any message to all participants. Within the chat, by selecting the top bar (where the name is) you access the information. Not only do you have a list with all the participants, you can also change the permissions of each person, activate notifications, add members and more. When you want to expel a user from the group, click on the options menu represented by the three upper dots and go a Suspend or remove.
If what you are looking for is to join a Telegram group, you will have to do this process:
- Open the app with your active account.
- Press the magnifying glass in the upper right corner.
- Later, write in space search for the group name or topic you want.
- Wait for the results to enter the one that most catches your attention.
- Finally, within it you must click on Join me.
- The bot will do its work of confirmation and voila, you can start chatting.
Although you can send text messages, the owner will decide what things can you do and what not. Most likely, it won’t allow you to make edits to the group. For example, change your profile picture or name. Keep in mind that only in some groups do administrators allow you to send links, images and videos. If you want to join a private group You should speak to the group owner or administrator and ask them to add you or send you an invitation.
List of the best Telegram groups you can join to meet new people
See below the best Telegram groups that you can join for free:
Save me otaku
If you like anime, manga, video games and memes it is highly recommended to enter this group. Although it has few users so far the moderators are very diligent. So, although you are free to share your ideas, you will not run into toxic people or abusers. Members are very active participating in group voice chats.
When your goal is practice english language, then a good idea is to join this community. The best thing is that it is not a supergroup, so you will not get lost in conversations of hundreds of people discussing 2 or 3 topics at the same time. Their rules are very basic and the messages are very cordial. You’ll find from entry-level to more advanced practitioners.
A good group to discuss sustainability and ecology is Ecofriendly. It’s a good starting point if you want to chat with other vegans or vegetarians. Its members are interested in the movements against animal cruelty, Zero Waste and Cruelty Free cosmetics. Your welcome message is for people who want to take care of the world and also take care of themselves.
Trips and Getaways
Are you looking for a new destination to visit? So, you will have to join this group to interact with people from all over the world. Above all, with travelers who speak Spanish and know good tourist destinations. Even they usually recommend lodging, routes, tours and flight deals.