Even if it is one of the most stable mail services currently available, There are times when Outlook may have malfunctions that prevent us from using it to its full potential.
Among these errors, one of the most common is failure to send emails. There are many possible causes for this problem, from internet connection failures to faulty plug-ins.
In the next few paragraphs, You will learn step by step what are the most common causes that cause the failure of sending Outlook messages, and the methods you can use to fix them.
Why can’t I send emails in Outlook?
The reasons why Outlook can present errors when sending emails can be very varied, and usually they are related to failures in the configurations, the software or the internet connection.
Here is a list of the bugs that most commonly interfere with the Outlook email service:
A plugin doesn’t work
Outlook add-ins are programs that are attached to the main Outlook software and provide access to additional tools and task automation when you go to view or create a message Usually a crash in Outlook add-ins can cause one or more regular Outlook functions to fail, so it is necessary to regularly check these add-ons and repair them if necessary.
Like any program, Outlook is preconfigured with settings that, natively, make all the mail service utilities work. These settings can be edited to the user’s preference. If these settings are altered incorrectly, may cause malfunctions in Outlook and alter its usage parameters, thus preventing the sending of messages on a regular basis.
Email blocking security software
This failure occurs when, when using a computer security software with an inappropriate configuration, or adjusted by default, It blocks the email software functions. This error is not very common, but it can occur and affect various Outlook functions, to the point where it will be impossible to send emails, open the inbox and open the application itself.
Corrupt Outlook Profile
The failures with the Outlook user profile they can cause crashes in the general use of the Outlook application, in addition to problems when sending new emails. The main symptom of this error is that, when trying to send a new email, it gets stuck in the output tray and you have to go through a whole procedure to cancel the message and repair the profile.
Error with Outlook Software
This is one of the most common mistakes when using Outlook. Occasionally, errors occur that directly affect the software, which, rather than affect the sending of emails, interfere with the general behavior of the Outlook service.
Unlike other faults that can be solved with a relatively simple adjustment, software bugs require a slightly more complex process, typically repair via the installer or the complete reinstallation of the program.
Bad internet connection
It is probably the most common cause and one of the easiest to fix. It is just an internet connection failure thatMore than with the software, it has to do with the wiring and connection of the equipment used. This failure, for obvious reasons, prevents the general functioning of Outlook, making it impossible to send or receive messages until the problem has been corrected.
Learn how to fix the reasons why emails are not being sent or received in Outlook
Although there can be several causes that cause message delivery failures in Outlook, This has several methods by which we can correct them.
Here are the methods to repair every possible reason for errors in Outlook:
One time installed, the Outlook add-ins are part of its operation, and when these generate a failure, rather than fix them, it is necessary to disable them to restore the regular functioning of Outlook.
To do this, the first step will be to start the program in safe mode, through the following steps:
- At Windows desktop, open the window “Run” by means of the key combination “Windows + R”.
Enter the command
outlook.exe /safeand select “Accept”.
- Opens Outlook in safe mode, without add-ons.
Once started, you should try to send an email. If it works properly, the problem found in plugins.
In this case, you must deactivate the add-ons through the procedure described below:
- Choose in the tab “Archive” and enter “Options”.
- click in option “Accessories” and click “Go”.
- Click on each plugin to remove the check marks from all of these, to deactivate them.
- Start Outlook normally again, out of safe mode.
Correctly configure the application
A deconfiguration of the regular outlook parameters it can cause various forms of software malfunction. In the case of errors in sending messages, these can be easily remedied by removing the outgoing tinned mail from the outbox.
Through the following procedure:
- Follow the path “Sending or receiving> Work offline.”
- Click on “Outbox” in the navigation pane.
- Delete the message by clicking on it and selecting the option “Remove”.
- If a window appears reporting that Outlook is trying to transmit the message, close the program.
- Start Outlook again and try again delete the message.
- Once removed, repeat the route “Sending or receiving> Work offline” to reconnect Outlook to the network.
Check the internet connection
These types of problems occur very frequently and many times they are solved with a simple revision to the connection settings.
To do this, you can perform the following actions:
- Check the Connection of the team.
- Run the troubleshooter native Windows, by right-clicking on the “Internet access” and selecting the option “Solve problems”.
- Check the status of the network cables.
In case the problem is not solved, it is probably a fault of the internet provider itselfIn which case, all you have to do is wait for the problem to resolve itself.
Repair damaged profile
A Outlook profile corruption it can generate a series of failures in its operation, which will remain until the profile is repaired. Among which stands out the impossibility of sending emails.
To solve this problem, follow the following procedure:
- Enter the Outlook application on your computer.
- click in the tab “Archive”.
- Select the option “Setting” and enter “Account settings”.
- Choose the tab “Email” and enter your profile.
- click on the button “Repair”.
This is the last measure to fix most of the Outlook crashes. It’s about the reinstatement total program, which will remove all the configurations and errors that may be affecting its operation.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the start menu Windows and select “Control Panel”.
- Choose the icon “Add or Remove Programs”.
- Finds “Microsoft Office” in the list of installed programs.
- Click on “Change” and wait for the installation package to load.
- Select the option “Reinstall or repair” and click on “Following”.
- Click on “Reinstall Office” and press the button “Install”.
- When the installation process is complete, click “Okay” to close the installer.
Once the program is reinstalled, it will be necessary to log in to Outlook again to be able to access your emails. The problems of sending and receiving messages should be solved.